Cadillac Owners Forum banner

01 3.0 has water comimg out of intake

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  R-Caddy 
#1 ·
hey all, recently got a 01 catara to try and fix. the major issues that i have come up with is it has water coming out of the intake, just a little when running, and has a little water in the oil. i have never driven the car, so thats all i know at this time. im hoping that its just an eroded intake gasket and not the head. anyone have this problem before?

#2 ·
Yes this problem is well known. It's the cover for the oil cooler leaking coolant under the intake manifold. There is a man on ebay that sells the entire oil cooler kit replacement for $330 his username is SteveFoley, he sells all genuine GM parts. The oil cooler needs to be replaced and all hardware needs to be replaced. Do not drive the car until it is repaired. Flush out the engine coolant and oil at least twice to remove any and all contamination. Total job if your mechanically inclined would take 6-7 hours. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.