: Service Engine Soon Codes 1022 & 1122

Steve Robinson
11-24-09, 09:20 AM
How important is the PT Throttle Valve Sensor? I was told after the diognostic check through the radio that the "Service Engine Soon " light came on due to codes 1022 and 1122. They said both codes were related and really one in the same fis. A new PT Throttle Valve Sensor. Where can I purchase one and how much would it cost? I have a retired Cadillac tech who will put it in. Is it very difficult to get at and replace? Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
Steve R.

Submariner409
11-24-09, 11:32 AM
Not sure just what a PT Throttle Valve Sensor is, but if it's a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or another throttlebody part, take a look at your car in www.rockauto.com or call Luke in Parts at Lindsay Cadillac over there >>>>
They're one of CF's supporting vendors - you can also e-mail Luke up in the Vendor section at the top of the main Forums page.

BTW, Read the entire sticky post at the top of this Deville main page - "How to pull codes". Teach yourself to read your own codes from the car's built-in system. Write them all down, noting whether they are P,B,C, or U codes and if they are Current or History. DO NOT "clear codes" now - just turn the key off to exit the procedure. Go back to the code pulling post and open the link with "obd2" (OnBoard Diagnostics protocol -II) in the URL and click on the code types on each line in the Main Index box. Decipher the codes and write down each. C'mon back.