: Window rollers broke on rear window. Need help where to find them.

GMbusa
11-21-09, 09:25 PM
I need help finding a window regulator for my 95' Fleetwood. Evidently the roller broke. I used the search function here and came up with nothing but deville window threads.

Could someone just give me a part number or site to where they are? I tried Partsbin and partstrain They only listed the motor itself, not any rollers or regulator assemblies.

Thanks.

jayoldschool
11-21-09, 10:05 PM
Dorman, pn # 74444, available at any parts store, or, GM #9666748 available at any dealer.

And, here's how to fix it (http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=232364&highlight=window+roller). However, I don't drill out the armrests when I do them...

thefleetwoodguy
11-21-09, 10:55 PM
sure its not the nylon slider? as is typical with almost all Ive seen?
if you cant get one I should have a few here

jayoldschool
11-22-09, 12:02 PM
The nylon slider is the part that breaks. It is weak by design (narrow part that takes the stress, and breaks there). The part numbers I posted are for the round replacements that don't break.

IDSkiman
11-22-09, 12:27 PM
I had similar problem with my 94 RM but have not had it yet with the 96FWB. Ordered the Doorman parts thru advance auto. Tried to order them from gmpartsdirect but they were on national back order with no due in date. If this link shows up it is to a good discussion about b-body car window repairs but the interior parts are the same for the d-body cadillacs.
Hope this helps.

The link didn't show up so all I can say is go check out automotiveforums and search there. Tried to paste the link but all I get is this.

in an effort to stamp out forum SPAM only members with either:

1. A specific amount of forum posts 2. Membership of at least a specific amount of time 3. Or a combination of both

...have the ability to post website links or email addresses. Stick with us for awhile...

GMbusa
11-22-09, 05:07 PM
Got any slider part #'s? If I'm gonna do it, I'm doing them all.

jayoldschool
11-22-09, 05:39 PM
Got any slider part #'s? If I'm gonna do it, I'm doing them all.

See the info I posted:

Dorman, pn # 74444, available at any parts store, or, GM #9666748 available at any dealer.

The nylon slider is the part that breaks. It is weak by design (narrow part that takes the stress, and breaks there). The part numbers I posted are for the round replacements that don't break.

drmenard
11-23-09, 12:51 AM
When you find those plastic pieces buy some extra and put them where you remember... your going to need them sooner or later.... I keep a half a dozen on hand... I got them at the local Caddy dealer...

jayoldschool
11-23-09, 10:56 AM
I keep a pack in my toolbox as well ;)