: I need major help otherwise my entire restoration is shot!

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 02:47 PM
Do any of you have any idea where I can get a 1964 Cadillac tail light housing?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d28/Bowserfire/016.jpg It's those things that house the parking reverse lights (the white lenses). If I can't find one I can't restore my Cadillac! The Body shop guy failed to get one off EBay. I need to find the whole unit, chrome, aluminum, light lens and all.

Stingroo
11-21-09, 02:59 PM
http://www.cadillacking.com/

That guy. He's got like acres and acres of JUST Cadillacs. If anyone would know, it would be him.

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 03:11 PM
http://www.cadillacking.com/

That guy. He's got like acres and acres of JUST Cadillacs. If anyone would know, it would be him.

We just called them and ordered it. I was worried there for a second. I hope it doesn't come in crap condition.

Stingroo
11-21-09, 03:20 PM
It shouldn't, he gets referred quite frequently.

And even if it isn't in 100% pristine, it can be fixed, unless it's like, bent in half. :p At least you've got one now. LET THE RESTORATION CONTINUE! I'm personally pulling for your car, because I wish I had the money to restore something properly like that. :(

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 03:54 PM
It shouldn't, he gets referred quite frequently.

And even if it isn't in 100% pristine, it can be fixed, unless it's like, bent in half. :p At least you've got one now. LET THE RESTORATION CONTINUE! I'm personally pulling for your car, because I wish I had the money to restore something properly like that. :(

Minor details of it will still be ****ed up (I noticed tiny rust spots on the body color line between the two grills of the car) but for the most part this car will be nice. YouTube- View of my 1964 Cadillac Coupe Deville A lot better than it was right after I got the interior and vinyl roof done. The guy working on it still hasn't come back yet which really pisses me off. I want it done by Christmas. That would be nice. It's already been 2 months when they said 1 month.

Stingroo
11-21-09, 04:19 PM
Eh, look at it this way. You've got it better off than me. I have to rely on FAMILY to get my car done, because I'm 300 miles away.

As usual, they find a way to screw you at every opportunity. So be fortunate you don't have to do that. lol

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 04:25 PM
Eh, look at it this way. You've got it better off than me. I have to rely on FAMILY to get my car done, because I'm 300 miles away.

As usual, they find a way to screw you at every opportunity. So be fortunate you don't have to do that. lol

I've had my car in the body shop so long I think I actually have a friendly relationship with the owner. Even though he probably gets annoyed that I come once or twice a week he showed me his 1965 Impala. It shared the garage with my 1964 Cadillac. The thing had hydraulics LOL, it's too bad it fell off his car carrier and suffered damage. The good thing about the car being in the shop is I can preoccupy my time looking for parts. For example I won an original unused Carter 4 barrel Carburetor for only 120 or something dollars. Good deal eh? I still wish I could drive the damn thing though.

outsider
11-21-09, 05:19 PM
fixing up old cars like this can be unpredictable. You look at it and figure a month's worth of work and it'll be perfect but then you start pulling things apart and the more you take off the car the more work you see that needs to be done. Trust me, worth it in the end.

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 06:11 PM
fixing up old cars like this can be unpredictable. You look at it and figure a month's worth of work and it'll be perfect but then you start pulling things apart and the more you take off the car the more work you see that needs to be done. Trust me, worth it in the end.

It's mostly been delays

77CDV
11-21-09, 10:01 PM
You all are really making me look forward to the coming year, when I make the final push to finish my '69.

1964CoupeDeville
11-22-09, 12:10 AM
You all are really making me look forward to the coming year, when I make the final push to finish my '69.

At this rate I'll bet you $50 your car will beat my car to restoration.

77CDV
11-22-09, 10:13 PM
No bets here. Not planning on having her finished until this time next year. LOTS of (very expensive) body work will be involved.

1964CoupeDeville
11-22-09, 11:46 PM
No bets here. Not planning on having her finished until this time next year. LOTS of (very expensive) body work will be involved.

If they go any slower I'm sure you'll beat me.