: Whoa! Where'd THIS come from? A Bugatti sedan??

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-21-09, 12:50 PM
Bugatti Galibier Concept Sedan:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bugatti-galibier-watch-2009-09-23

http://www.netcarshow.com/bugatti/2009-galibier_concept/

http://www.bugatti.com/en/home/news.html?newsId=76

As far as I know, this is just a design experiment, but according to the article I read in this month's issue of Top Gear, Bugatti is considering building them at a rate of 50 per year starting in 2013, but no more than 300 would be built.

Much like the Veyron, it has the same 8.0 liter 16 cylinder engine, but unlike the Veyron, which uses four turbochargers, the Galibier uses twin superchargers! They do this to boost low end torque, a trait which is more usable in a full sized saloon than it is the world's fastest and most exclusive car. It's supposed to make over 900hp, even though, official power specs have not been published yet, and it boasts a top speed in excess of 200mph, and all wheel drive is a must.

This car has one of the best looking interiors ever IMO. It's extremely clean and uncluttered, but still having more wood in it than the entire Black Forest. The dashboard is extremely simple; one broad expanse of an exotic hardwood, with two big gauges right in the center of the dashboard, a horsepower gauge and a speedometer that reads up to 245 mph! It's a four seater, with a full center console that runs the expanse of the interior. To sum it up, it's basically the Porsche Panamera on steroids.

It even looks like the Panamera, with the same basic body design (long hood, big cabin, short rear end with hatchback), but this design is much smoother looking and taller, which gives it better proportions. It has the same classic two-toned look as the Veyron, with the body being painted a certain color and having vast, highly polished aluminum cover the doors and front fenders.

I'm so glad to see Bugatti rolling out another car, especially a sedan. Bugatti has had a storied and troubled past, and it's great to see them in such strong ownership. They've made SO MANY great cars in the past and it would be so hard to watch them die, yet again.

So how many are willing to say that once this car hits the showrooms, the recession is finally over? :lol: :histeric:

The Tony Show
11-21-09, 12:53 PM
I'm surprised this is the first time you've seen it. It's been shown several times over the last few months, and discussed around the Internet quite a bit.

I personally have a hard time getting excited about a car that costs more than my entire net worth including home, so.........meh. You want to see me excited, show me a reborn RX7 or the new ATS.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-21-09, 12:55 PM
I guess I'm just a little behind the times. :hide: I just saw this in this month's issue of Top Gear, which I got yesterday.

Stingroo
11-21-09, 01:10 PM
I've heard of it, but this is the first time I've seen it.

And I must say... I want its babies. That thing is gorgeous. Panamera kiss my ass, you've just been bested.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-21-09, 01:40 PM
This is to the Panamera what the Veyron is to the 911.

What's funny is that this issue of TG has a Panamera v. Quattroporte road test in it as well.

gary88
11-21-09, 01:48 PM
I saw a new black Quattroporte yesterday, everything about that car is so right.

And for a car that will likely cost $1.25 million more than the Panamera, I sure hope it would be better :lol:

gary88
11-21-09, 02:09 PM
I just saw this in this month's issue of Top Gear, which I got yesterday.

oh yeah, check out page 40 :dance:

Jonas McFeely
11-21-09, 02:13 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool::drool:

I would do disgusting and unforgivable things for that car.

V-Eight
11-21-09, 02:16 PM
The back still looks like crap, and LOL at the 8 exhaust tips.

thebigjimsho
11-21-09, 03:16 PM
I've heard of it, but this is the first time I've seen it.

And I must say... I want its babies. That thing is gorgeous. Panamera kiss my ass, you've just been bested.
In being the ugliest sedan on the road? Then, yes, maybe it has...

Stingroo
11-21-09, 03:18 PM
What? No way! That thing is downright sexy.

thebigjimsho
11-21-09, 03:45 PM
What? No way! That thing is downright sexy.
No, the lines are odd. And the back end is hideous. The front isn't bad and I love the headlights.

And the interior is uninspiring to me...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-21-09, 05:19 PM
It's not the most beautiful sedan ever made, but it sticks out and it's a Bugatti damnit! The Veyron isn't the best looking car in it's class either, but it sticks out too.

orconn
11-21-09, 07:35 PM
If you hung around Beverly Hills very much you'd soon come to the conclusion that their is no correlation between money spent and beauty achieved. Neither the Veyron nor this new sedan prototype break new ground, nor do they maintain old ground in the design of a beautiful automobile. In the immortal words of that great automotive design critic, Arnold Mc Toose, "It don't look like shit, but that don't make it the Mona Lisa either!"

Jonas McFeely
11-21-09, 11:06 PM
Neither the Veyron nor this new sedan prototype break new ground, nor do they maintain old ground in the design of a beautiful automobile

A quad-turbocharged W16 engine that propels a car to 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 253 mph is the definition of groundbreaking. :cookoo:

thebigjimsho
11-22-09, 01:19 AM
It's not the most beautiful sedan ever made, but it sticks out and it's a Bugatti damnit! The Veyron isn't the best looking car in it's class either, but it sticks out too.
And it's not me being a Bugatti hater. I have always loved the Veyron. I like its styling. I get it...

Sandy
11-22-09, 08:07 PM
What's going on? Is there a market for all of these, all of a sudden ultra expensive cars? Panamerica, Bugattis, Rolls, Bentley, and others.....

Man I feel poverty-stricken with my 2003 Town Car and pristine, show-winning 10,000 mile 1993 Sixty Special Caddy and my wife's Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4. Man. I AM on skid row, for sure.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-22-09, 08:42 PM
Apparently, the super rich aren't affected by the recession. :shrug: