: Passenger door key FOB messed up 94 Fleet

SDCaddyLacky
11-21-09, 06:19 AM
Hey forum, I have a problem with the P door key FOB on my 94 Fleet Brougham because my dumb ass left my keys in the car on accident, so I tried to pick the lock with a paper clip possible screwing it up. When I try to turn the key, the lock wont turn at all now, the door unlocks and locks fine when I press the lock button from the inside, but the FOB wont budge on the outside.

I really don't understand how I could of damaged it to the point where it wont turn, I didn't jam the paper clip in the key hole that hard, just some slight poking and turning.

What can I do? It's not that big of a deal for me to spend money on, just something that's bothering me now.

Also one other quick question, when using the heater, I only get hot air coming from the floor vents not the dash. But when turning the temp down under 75, the vents finally turn on? Is the system set up like this, or is something not right? I really don't like the climate control system in these Fleetwoods, they're not really all that user friendly especially when it comes to fan speed, it's either Super fast or super low:helpless: what's up with that?

Stingroo
11-21-09, 08:39 AM
The fan thing is common from what I hear, and a remedy would be to grab a display from a Buick Roadmaster and put it in place of your Cadillac one. It's plug and play, and gives you like five fan settings from what I understand.