: Around the NüRBURGRING in a 2.5 V6

CateraMV6
11-21-09, 02:46 AM
Enjoy!

YouTube- Nürburgring Nordschleife OPEL Omega B 2.5 V6 Onboard Full HD Video lap 2 part 2

YouTube- Nürburgring Nordschleife OPEL Omega B 2.5 V6 Onboard Full HD Video lap 2 part 1

YouTube- Nürburgring Nordschleife OPEL Omega B 2.5 V6 Onboard Full HD Video lap 1 part 1

R-Caddy
11-22-09, 02:02 PM
Didn't watch the whole thing, but... God damn that thing looks slow! :hmm: That Omega wouldn't want to line up at that track with me :rolleyes: Didn't sound like they were letting that motor rev at all.

CateraMV6
11-22-09, 03:10 PM
Well sounds like 3 maybe 4 people in the car with a 2.5 and automatic so imagine factory wheels probably, with soft spongy tires and the guy isn't taking the chances either...

TitanCTS
11-22-09, 09:26 PM
This Omega is the ultimate one besides the Lotus Omega's

YouTube- Omega by Rats at Papenburg

CateraMV6
11-23-09, 01:04 AM
GEEZZZ ^ That was fast!

214mhp is plain scarry... I have taken the CCS to around 130 for a very short period without signs of speed limiter...

R-Caddy
11-23-09, 07:49 PM
Actually, I might have found a way to defeat that miserable device... In theory... So to speak...

CateraMV6
11-23-09, 11:55 PM
Actually, I might have found a way to defeat that miserable device... In theory... So to speak...

^ I am listening! :coffee:

R-Caddy
11-24-09, 07:29 PM
Hook up a toggle switch to the speed sensors :D Sensors OFF- speed ON!

eastsidercaddy
11-25-09, 10:50 PM
yea...THAT IS FUNNY. But in all reality you do that and you wont know how fast your going unless you have the OBD2 device which gives you a digital readout, but even then it might not show on that... but hey good luck!!

AHazzardToAll
11-26-09, 12:12 AM
I was thinking some offsized tires and my gps unit, speed on it is always pretty accurate. :yup: but you can only go so large with those, but if u can find a way to stop the speed sensor gps is still good.

CateraMV6
11-26-09, 12:32 PM
I got 2 OBD Devices and 2 GPS Sensors in the car, on is for my phone and ipod touch, and the other is dedicated GPS, with the latest IGO AMIGO Maps...

It would certainly come handy for those times when you get close to 120 and you know you need another 10-15mi to spank someone...

R-Caddy
11-26-09, 05:47 PM
Hook up a small shot and you won't need extra 10-15mph :D

CateraMV6
11-27-09, 07:57 AM
Thats something I was considering... summit racing has a sneaky kit, with a very small bottle and a quick install kit but whats the danger of me blowing something with it?

Do you spray that stuff in the manifold?

R-Caddy
11-27-09, 05:49 PM
I have a dry kit with purge if you're interested. I have 3 size shots (30, 40, 55) and the bottle pressure gauge. I settled with the 55 and don't want to go higher. The nozzle is hooked up to one of the intake tubes. I was going to put a Y fitting and run 2 smaller independent shots for the banks for better distribution, but decided to put a V8 instead :D Keep in mind that that stuff burns pretty hot, so I wouldn't do it often or run it for more than 15-20 seconds at a time. I was told the solenoids could burn up otherwise. But man does that stuff make the engine rev... I used to let it off before the shift, because the transmission is too slow to shift. Also, don't do if before 4000rpm- the engine needs to be breathing already. Straight line accelleration is nicer, so on a track like that you would catch whoever left you in the corners.

CateraMV6
11-28-09, 12:17 PM
Ahhh that is very tempting, I might look into something like this...

Perhaps even make it automatic where it only turns on during WOT...

Just need to figure out where to install refill the bottle.

The engine has a flat spot somewhere between 3200-3800 so I think something like this will help even that out.

R-Caddy
11-29-09, 11:48 PM
Yes, you can hook up a WOT switch at the pedal or the throttle body.
My bottle is where the spare tire sits. My full size spare doesn't fit there anyway.
No, I would not hit it anywhere below 3500, since ,obviously, the engine is not breathing. You will be putting unnecessary stress on the bottom end. Like I said, use it in the powerband. I guess unless you go with a wet shot. I have used in in the low end, but there is no effect whatsoever.

CateraMV6
11-30-09, 08:06 AM
Understandable...

I guess I need to figure out an RPM Switch and set it to activate when the engine is around 4500-6400RPM and then only under WOT... that should keep it happy.

I have noticed the dash from 80-110 is quite mad with the stab of the sport button... quickly shifts to 3rd and after 80 the torque converter is already locked up.