: Tranny question 94FWB

bmwnick
11-20-09, 02:25 PM
I finally got her looking all pretty and now the past couple of days the tranny seems to be sluggish from a dead stop only when she's cold??

I'll put her in gear and it takes off but hesitates like hell for a few seconds before kicking into 2nd....then it shifts just fine. It seems to be only when it's cold because it fine after warm up.

I checked the tranny fluid and it's at the correct level but a little dirty.

My tech says to try changing the fluid, gasket and filter and that might be all....I hope. It's only got 55k on it.

Any similar issues out there??

thefleetwoodguy
11-20-09, 02:30 PM
do the filter and fluid
I dont like the flush that some service shops want to do
tends to move the stationary stuff around, at least in theory
theres a few other things that can cause something like that
but Id start with the fluid !

Stingroo
11-20-09, 03:01 PM
Wow. That picture looks even better. Aside from your silly Northern front license plate bracket. :D (They aren't required here, and I remember when my family moved to Maine, how strange it was to see cars with two tags on them).

outsider
11-20-09, 03:36 PM
Wow. That picture looks even better. Aside from your silly Northern front license plate bracket. :D (They aren't required here, and I remember when my family moved to Maine, how strange it was to see cars with two tags on them).

Yeah I'm from maine and we have to have them :(

bmwnick
11-20-09, 04:00 PM

Yeah,...but the plate is VERY cool......"FIXR" (an homage to the great movie Wise Guys)