: WTB 1978 drivers side rear window...

gornati
11-19-09, 11:55 AM
Well had a small problem with my 1978 coupe.

The guy who was keeping the car for me, lost the door key and the towing company had to break the rear window on the drivers side.

here is a picture:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9043/sdc10069p.jpg

Need to buy one just like this urgent.

Car is being shipped to Brasil.

Thanks in advance, please contact me thru here or by email cams1976@gmail.com

gornati
11-22-09, 06:29 AM
nobody?

jayoldschool
11-22-09, 10:46 AM
WOW. It takes about two minutes to open the door with a coat hanger, and about 15 seconds with a slim jim. Are these idiots paying for your new window? Have you gone to an auto glass place? You might be surprised to find that it is still available...

Stingroo
11-22-09, 12:38 PM
I would force them to pay for it. Because yeah, anybody can open a door with a slim jim. That's ridiculous.

csbuckn
11-22-09, 01:30 PM
junkyards that ship come to mind again but shipping glass depends on how its packed, maybe cut a piece of poly for now.

gornati
11-23-09, 05:58 AM
Well, i know it is easy to open those cars with a coat hanger or with a slim jim, the point is, i am from Brasil and the car was in Miami, it had to be loaded to be transported here, i wasnt there to do the job (opening the car).

The guy from the shipping company didnt want to mess with the whole opening thing and i had to ask a friend (wich is brasilian also), who lives in miami to try to open the car, time was runnning out, as he could not use a slim jim... i then asked him to break the window... it was a series of unfortunate events.

The final point is, i have a broken window that need to be replaced.

It should not cost more than 50-70 bucks a used in nice condition glass, so anyone could point out a junkyard or someone might have a spare one.

I need it ASAP.

Thanks

Camillo.

Stingroo
11-23-09, 07:49 AM
Have your friend in Miami call this guy:

www.cadillacking.com

Or, talk to an autoglass shop in Brazil where you are. Those would be the first two things that come to mind. Best of luck in your glass search, maybe someone else from the forum has a better idea.

gornati
11-23-09, 08:13 AM
Have your friend in Miami call this guy:

www.cadillacking.com (http://www.cadillacking.com)

Or, talk to an autoglass shop in Brazil where you are. Those would be the first two things that come to mind. Best of luck in your glass search, maybe someone else from the forum has a better idea.

im doing that right now.

Stingroo
11-23-09, 08:23 AM
Good luck man. Can we see some more pics of that car? Did you buy it site unseen from someone down here in FL? If you did, it's probably relatively rust free and clean. :)

gornati
11-23-09, 08:29 AM
Good luck man. Can we see some more pics of that car? Did you buy it site unseen from someone down here in FL? If you did, it's probably relatively rust free and clean. :)

actually i already posted here...
check it out.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/163376-just-got.html

I got it from WA... transported to florida.

comming to brasil after 9 months in FL.

Stingroo
11-23-09, 08:38 AM
Wow, that car IS pretty sharp. Took the headlight shields off I hope? ;)

Hope it likes its new home in Brazil, I hear it's much hotter there!

outsider
11-23-09, 08:49 AM
wow that's a sexy car...damn them for breaking the window!!

gornati
11-23-09, 08:57 AM
Wow, that car IS pretty sharp. Took the headlight shields off I hope? ;)

Hope it likes its new home in Brazil, I hear it's much hotter there!

sure will remove them.
thanks

gornati
11-23-09, 08:58 AM
wow that's a sexy car...damn them for breaking the window!!

Thanks

jayoldschool
11-23-09, 09:50 AM
Check car-part.com. It is an online resource to search junkyards all over North America. Even if someplace doesn't list the window, you know they have it if they have any parts for a 78 coupe. Look for something coupe-specific like a door.

gornati
11-24-09, 06:37 AM
Check car-part.com. It is an online resource to search junkyards all over North America. Even if someplace doesn't list the window, you know they have it if they have any parts for a 78 coupe. Look for something coupe-specific like a door.

Thanks man, found it there. $45

gornati
11-24-09, 06:40 AM
The DAMAGE

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9321/0002yn.jpg