: I spider bombed my 67 and theres STILL spiders left

DrFunky
11-19-09, 01:11 AM
And I hate those little terrorist bastards...

77CDV
11-19-09, 03:28 AM
Guess you'll have to do a repeat.

outsider
11-19-09, 10:07 AM
aaaah spiders!!! lol I'm surprised I haven't found anything living in my 69 yet...the guy I bought it from stored it in the woods :S

DrFunky
11-19-09, 03:24 PM
aaaah spiders!!! lol I'm surprised I haven't found anything living in my 69 yet...the guy I bought it from stored it in the woods :S

These ones look like fat little brown Zebras with 8 legs.. uhhhg

I even put the car cover ON it and tossed 2 bombs in after the 1st one failed to do the job.

Looks like I might have to add 4 next time...

outsider
11-19-09, 03:44 PM
maybe you might need something stronger...maybe they're super spiders!

sven914
11-19-09, 05:46 PM
Is this what you got?

http://www.romneypestcontrol.com/Gifs/Insects/wolf%20spider.jpg

The Carolina Wolf Spider: Native to North America. Usually a solitary creature, and lone hunter. Is the largest spider species in the United States. They do not spin webs; instead they dig burrows. Its bite is not harmful to humans, though it may turn red and itch.

Or do you have this?

http://www.badspiderbites.com/images/brooklyn-spider.jpg

The Orb Weaver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb-weaver_spider#Natural_history): The largest diversity of spider species, found on every continent. Includes most spiders that spin round, orb like webs. One commonality shared between all member is that thier bite is harmless to humans.

As for getting rid of them, if you do not garage keep your car in the winter, then they will naturally die from the cold. Unfortunately, if you have a form of orb spider, then they lay eggs which will survive and come back next year. But wolf spiders rely on ground warmth, to survive, so because vinyl and plastic offer no warmth, they will die and not come back.

77CDV
11-19-09, 06:57 PM
I had no idea you were such an avid arachnopile, Sven.

sven914
11-19-09, 07:12 PM
I had no idea you were such an avid arachnopile, Sven.

I'm an aficionado of many different things... most of them useless in everyday situations.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-19-09, 09:54 PM
I once saw an orb weaver that had about a 5 inch legspan.

DrFunky
11-19-09, 11:42 PM
Is this what you got?

http://www.romneypestcontrol.com/Gifs/Insects/wolf%20spider.jpg

The Carolina Wolf Spider: Native to North America. Usually a solitary creature, and lone hunter. Is the largest spider species in the United States. They do not spin webs; instead they dig burrows. Its bite is not harmful to humans, though it may turn red and itch.

Or do you have this?

http://www.badspiderbites.com/images/brooklyn-spider.jpg

The Orb Weaver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb-weaver_spider#Natural_history): The largest diversity of spider species, found on every continent. Includes most spiders that spin round, orb like webs. One commonality shared between all member is that thier bite is harmless to humans.

As for getting rid of them, if you do not garage keep your car in the winter, then they will naturally die from the cold. Unfortunately, if you have a form of orb spider, then they lay eggs which will survive and come back next year. But wolf spiders rely on ground warmth, to survive, so because vinyl and plastic offer no warmth, they will die and not come back.

naw they're tiny fat little bastards. Im sure they are harmless. I just hate spiders period.

Warren_R
11-20-09, 03:21 AM
Spiders don't bother me at all, even the occasional black widow that attaches her web to a long-parked car. Actually it's kinda funny :D

DopeStar 156
11-20-09, 03:35 AM
I actually like the spiders in my cars. It's mice I hate.....

Aron9000
11-20-09, 05:44 AM
I actually like the spiders in my cars. It's mice I hate.....

I guess you've never had one drop in on your arm through an open sunroof. I swear I was parked in my garage(which is infested with spiders) for no more than five minutes just chilling, listeing to that last song before I went upstairs.

Stingroo
11-20-09, 08:45 AM
Bet you learned never to do that again? lol

That would honestly scare the hell out of me.

DopeStar 156
11-20-09, 09:20 AM
I guess you've never had one drop in on your arm through an open sunroof. I swear I was parked in my garage(which is infested with spiders) for no more than five minutes just chilling, listeing to that last song before I went upstairs.

Really wish I could find the picture of me with the spider crawling on my face from years ago. It really doesn't bother me at all.....

77CDV
11-20-09, 01:21 PM
Yes, well, you're rather a special case, DS.

DrFunky
11-20-09, 03:31 PM
Really wish I could find the picture of me with the spider crawling on my face from years ago. It really doesn't bother me at all.....

:cookoo::getaway::shocked2::leaving::bulging: :holycrap: :eek:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-20-09, 06:59 PM

Spider or Tarantula?

Warren_R
11-21-09, 06:24 AM
Chad, tarantulas are a type of spider -- they're considered somewhat more primitive than the "true" spiders, but are definitely considered spiders.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-21-09, 09:22 AM
Right, but I'd be much more willing to let a normal sized spider walk on me than I would a gigantic, heavy tarantula.

sven914
11-21-09, 01:15 PM
Right, but I'd be much more willing to let a normal sized spider walk on me than I would a gigantic, heavy tarantula.

Actually, tarantulas can be domesticated and devenomed, thus made safer than a common household spider. Even non-domesticated tarantulas are usually calm and docile, and their bite is no worse than a wasp sting (the poison is not harmful to humans). Like scorpions, they make great and interesting pets.

Stingroo
11-21-09, 02:01 PM
A tarantula would actually be a fairly cool pet. A scorpion though? Ehhhh....

77CDV
11-21-09, 11:02 PM
I'll stick with my cat, thanks.

DopeStar 156
11-23-09, 03:40 AM
Spider or Tarantula?

It was one of those big ones that commonly make webs in my room. It was like the size of a half dollar with the legs and everything......

DrFunky
11-23-09, 11:17 PM

thankyou

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-23-09, 11:31 PM

And Chad makes two.

It was one of those big ones that commonly make webs in my room. It was like the size of a half dollar with the legs and everything......

Yuck. You're a better man than I.