: Where does this hose go?

The-Dullahan
11-17-09, 01:21 AM
Okay, so I was on I-4 the other night and as I rolled along (speed limit is 65) in my Hearse (1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham) my COOLANT TEMP light went on. Uh oh, says I as I slow...and within a second it went off. I had a LONG way ahead of me and made it home driving under 60 and no problems. When I opened the hood there was a bit of coolant spilled around the reservoir, no big deal, just find the source of the miniature overheat...

Here's what I found. The two hoses that run from my plastic overfill reservoir. The first hose runs straight to the Radiator, directly beneath the cap. The other hose...was just loose...

So where does it go? I looked and looked, but it's dark out and I figured I could wait until morning. I'm not dripping any fluids out...

Seriously...Where does it go? This would be a VERY SIMPLE FIX, but my Haynes repair guide says nothing about any of it. In fact, it doesn't even mention the hoses at all. Once I find where it goes, I believe I'll be fine.

I'd post photos, but even though I have been a member here for a year now, the website does not allow me to post images or leave links to images...

The-Dullahan
11-17-09, 01:24 AM
Oh, and I forgot to add this, but is it supposed to just act as a drain? I know on some older cars, as I learned in my youth, there were special drain systems put in that acted that way, as to keep the fluid from spilling over the engine in the event of a bad overhead, to simply drain onto the ground through a hose that way. So does it belong this way?

rlphbgby
11-17-09, 06:38 AM
I think you just answered your own Question.

00 Deville
11-17-09, 11:30 AM
So does it belong this way? Yes it does.

A 21 year old driving around a hearse... I know that you have to have some good stories to tell us.

Submariner409
11-17-09, 11:44 AM
Determine the engine that is in your hearse and then go down to Cadillac Technical Discussion, Engines, and post your question in the proper engine size/date forum - you'll run into a lot of people in there with your particular engine/transmission setup.

Freakzilla
11-17-09, 01:10 PM
Yes it does.

A 21 year old driving around a hearse... I know that you have to have some good stories to tell us.

When I was that age, a buddy of mine had an old Cadillac AMBULANCE!

It had lots of compartments in the back to hide things. ;)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-17-09, 05:31 PM
Mods, you need to be moving stuff where it belongs. This is like the 4th thread this week that belongs in the RWD section.

brougham
11-17-09, 09:14 PM
no kidding.

Ranger
11-17-09, 09:19 PM
Oops! It's a pretty generic question, but I'll move it anyway.

outsider
11-18-09, 10:30 AM
Yeah that hose is just your overflow hose...I had a similar experience and couldn't find any info on it and when I asked a friend about it he seemed shocked I didn't know what it was...like it was common sense. hehe

Stingroo
11-18-09, 10:53 AM
It seems as if he has hose in different area codes.

[/really, really bad pun]

outsider
11-18-09, 11:50 AM
It seems as if he has hose in different area codes.

[/really, really bad pun]

:crybaby: <-- Jim Carey laugh?

Stingroo
11-18-09, 12:13 PM
Sounds about right. lolol

Sorry, I take full responsibility for any laughs/groans of pain resulting from that post. :lol: