: Jury selection

the recluse
11-16-09, 10:50 PM
for my sisters murder trial was today. Tomorrow I go to court to give my mother some support and hear the prosecutions case. My father can't go, I think he will lack the self control needed to not kill the ******* right there in the courtroom.

Can't say that I blame him though, it has been hard...

dkozloski
11-16-09, 10:55 PM
A DUI or something in the family is bad enough; that has to be brutal.

orconn
11-17-09, 12:12 AM
My deepest sympathy as you and your family go through this ordeal. I hope that in some way you all come through this unhappy time stronger and that justice is served on behalf of your sister.

Aron9000
11-17-09, 01:04 AM
You and your family have my greatest sympathy. I hope the court provides swift justice and vengence on your family's behalf.

77CDV
11-17-09, 01:39 AM
Man, that is rough. Here's to hoping justice is served.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
11-17-09, 03:15 AM
I had no idea such a thing had happened to you...

I also would like to pass on my deepest sympathy.

Gary Wells
11-17-09, 06:07 AM
Sorry to hear of this, and I, also, hope that your family gets through this ordeal to see better times ahead and fond memories of her times. God Bless, God Speed, and I also, hope that justice is served. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Ranger
11-17-09, 11:27 AM
WOW! I had no idea. My condolences and prayers.

Brett
11-17-09, 02:02 PM
I have a daughter and know exactly why your father chose not to go....Luckily you have the strength to be there for your mother.

onebadcad
11-17-09, 04:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your family and you. Hopefully it will be a swift trial, and a quick trip down to Starke.

Stingroo
11-17-09, 04:44 PM
Man... wow. I too hope that justice is served as swiftly as possible. The people in this world sometimes are ridiculous...

Starke. Memories. I used to belong to the Salvation Army church, and our Florida camp, Camp Keystone, is in Starke. When they used the electric chair for testing, etc. the lights would flicker. It was immensely creepy. And one of the Friday the 13th movies was filmed there too.

onebadcad
11-17-09, 05:27 PM
'Old Sparky', at least the FL version, has been relegated to the sidelines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Sparky

Stingroo
11-17-09, 06:07 PM
Yeah, now we're all about lethal injection. But this was like, 1995-1998 when I went to that camp, and back then, we weren't.

Shame too.

the recluse
11-17-09, 06:48 PM
Since my mother was testifying as a witness, she didn't get to see opening statements (thank God). She will hear the facts of the case, but at least now at a pace she can stomach.

It was a lot to take in. Time and place, method and motive, and the murder weapon....:canttalk:

The defense attorney is an absolute IDIOT, which I can live with. To be fair though, he doesn't have much to go on (states case is air tight because the defendant is STUPID). With the state pushing the death penalty he'll get automatic appeals, so what the defense does/says won't matter...

Tomorrow is a long day, with all the medical testimony coming out....

AMGoff
11-18-09, 12:47 AM
Good Lord... I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, nor will I insult you by even pretending like I can empathize in the slightest... Just know however, you have my deepest sympathies - along with the utmost, heartfelt prayers of the Mrs. and I.

With that said however... While I can certainly understand any desire you or your parents may have about seeing the bastard die - if it were me, I'd feel he'd be getting off easy with needle... Not to mention having to deal with all of the unnecessary, additional, gut-wrenching steps your family would have to deal with due to the process of numerous appeals afforded to those with a capital sentence.

I'm not sure how much sway the victim's family has with the prosecution, but I just know that deep down inside... I'd rather see the sorry motherrfukker spend the rest of his days rotting in some small cell housed with the very worst of Florida's rapists and sodomites.

DILLIGAF
11-18-09, 09:22 PM
Dude,good luck with that.Holy crap!I can't imagine what your dealing with.I feel for you on every level man.

CadillacCastle
11-19-09, 07:30 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. May God help your family get through this. Last night Texas executed a murder of a 85 year old school teacher in the city I live in. It took 10 years of appeals before he was put to sleep the easy way. Texas has 3 in a row going this week day after day and the last tonight right about now. It is always after 6pm. Texas has an express lane after the appeals expire. I think being in prison is worse than the needle. God bless your family.

the recluse
11-19-09, 09:31 PM
JUSTICE!

This pig was found guilty today of 1st Degree Premeditated Murder and Robbery with a Deadly Weapon incurring death.

Thank you all for your thoughts and sympathies hopefully now we can start to move on.

The past 3 days have been some of the worst of my life...

www.news4jax.com/news/21667293/detail.html

Ranger
11-19-09, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear that. Unfortunately that scum bag will never get what he truly deserves. Even the death penalty will be way too swift and merciful.

iowasevillests
11-20-09, 04:42 PM
Good to hear that he won't be harming anyone else, hopefully this will help you and your family move forward from this horrible tragedy.

the recluse
11-20-09, 06:33 PM
What sealed his fate was that he took the stand personally and gave some huge line of BS saying someone else did it. The prosecution ate him up and his arrogance kicked in and the jury shut him up (hopefully for good).

After the trial, we talked to the lead detective who told us that his "story" was a string of three other cases going on within the jail/courthouse.

Idiot. :want:

the recluse
12-03-09, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear that. Unfortunately that scum bag will never get what he truly deserves. Even the death penalty will be way too swift and merciful.

Ask and ye shall receive...

www.news4jax.com/news/21796576/detail.html