: PBR brake pads for the V2

Dick's06Vee
11-16-09, 06:55 PM
If there's been a prior post on this topic, I didn't see it. So, found a set of pads for our V2 on http://www.autopartswarehouse.com They are PBR brand and offer very low dust, gentle on the rotors,quiet and performance equal to the OE pads. (Their words, not mine) They're made in Australia and the company has been making brake components for over 70 years. They're very reasonably priced at $126.00 for the full set. I've run Hawks on my 06 V1, Raybestos on my Z06 and my Prowler with good results. The brake dust drives me nuts! If I lose a touch of performance for little or no dust, that's a workable trade-off for me, as I don't plan on tracking the car, and if I do, I would always be able to put the OE pads back on. So my question....has anyone had any experience with PBR pads in the past? Performance, dust, pedal feel, etc. compared to OE????? Dick

Nutz
11-16-09, 07:52 PM
PBR me asap!

Dick's06Vee
11-16-09, 08:35 PM
I figured that there would be at least two replies before a PBR me, Nutz!

Nutz
11-16-09, 10:13 PM
:beer:

I figure it's only a matter of time before someone makes a killer pad at a reasonable price. Here's an opportunity for someone to sack up and guinea pig a set for cheep.

musclesbmf
11-17-09, 07:49 AM
This is the company that makes many OE brakes for cars. They are the makers of the C6 Z06 brakes, and corvette brakes in general for sure. The dust those brakes make is every bit as bad as our current set up, so I would be suspect. But perhaps these are a different compound. Hopefully someone tries them out and lets us know.

Mark