: Do I seriously have the Oldest Cadillac in this forum?

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 12:29 AM
I feel old. It's only a 1964 but I haven't seen anyone who has an older Cadillac listed under "their Cadillacs" and so I assumed that was the case. Do I get a prize for having the oldest Coupe Deville?

77CDV
11-16-09, 01:02 AM
Well, I've seen the occasional '63 wander through from time to time, but I think you do have the oldest one right now on a regular basis. Thing is, when you start getting older than '65, the prices and the general condition of the cars available start to go up quickly, and most of the folks here tend to be younger and without the means to purchase and maintain those cars.

DrFunky
11-16-09, 01:08 AM
You got me by 4 years! lol 67 in the house!! And Im 23! lol :D

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 01:18 AM
Well, I've seen the occasional '63 wander through from time to time, but I think you do have the oldest one right now on a regular basis. Thing is, when you start getting older than '65, the prices and the general condition of the cars available start to go up quickly, and most of the folks here tend to be younger and without the means to purchase and maintain those cars.

I haven't seen them but yeah, I know what you mean. I checked the market value of my 1964 Coupe Deville and it's the second most valuable Deville (the convertible is worth more by a little bit) and perhaps the second most valuable model next to the legendary Eldorado.

The trend I notice is the closer you get to 1959 you get the more valuable it is.

It's a shame not too many people drive these tail fin Caddy's. I'm not really trying to be mean spirited or anything but I'm not really a fan of those flat panels.

77CDV
11-16-09, 01:23 AM
Prior to 1967, the value usually goes Eldo convertible> Deville convertible> Eldo coupe (if there was one that year)> CDV> Series 62/Calais coupe. Then the rest of the closed models tend to bunch together. The Eldo Broughams usually slip in equal to or just below the Eldo convertibles.

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 01:25 AM
Prior to 1967, the value usually goes Eldo convertible> Deville convertible> Eldo coupe (if there was one that year)> CDV> Series 62/Calais coupe. Then the rest of the closed models tend to bunch together. The Eldo Broughams usually slip in equal to or just below the Eldo convertibles.

The Deville Coupe is still reasonably high up there. I think the maximum value of mine is like 26,000 which is plenty to me. I don't think post Fin Caddies have touched that.

DopeStar 156
11-16-09, 03:37 AM
Do I get a prize for having the oldest Coupe Deville?

Yep. You get the pleasure of answering a billion questions as to where to get parts, how to take this thing off, etc.....

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 03:42 AM
Yep. You get the pleasure of answering a billion questions as to where to get parts, how to take this thing off, etc.....

Yes! That's going to be great! *sarcasm*

Most of the parts are really pretty easy to find, some you find on Ebay, and some you luck out on but since I still use it as my daily driver it shows I've found all the parts I've needed. I ordered a new Clock and Dash Pad off ebay for example. (never thought I'd find one)

outsider
11-16-09, 10:49 AM
I almost bought a 58 caddy once for $500 but there wasn't much left of it. Rusty and it didn't run. Then I found my '69 for a project and it already runs so I bought that :D

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 10:55 AM
I almost bought a 58 caddy once for $500 but there wasn't much left of it. Rusty and it didn't run. Then I found my '69 for a project and it already runs so I bought that :D

I got mine for $2,400 and it ran pretty well. Made it to my destination on a 500 mile trip but not back.

outsider
11-16-09, 10:58 AM
ya I paid $1400 for mine. Engine runs good (obviously a tune-up is in it's future), almost done the body work (needed very little) and will paint it next spring. Need to re-do the interior completely though as there isn't much left of it.

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 11:29 AM
ya I paid $1400 for mine. Engine runs good (obviously a tune-up is in it's future), almost done the body work (needed very little) and will paint it next spring. Need to re-do the interior completely though as there isn't much left of it.

Yeah, mine is all tuned up and ready to go. Only reason it didn't make it back (had to get a mechanic to drive it back) is because the Brake Booster and Master Cylinder went out with one of the tires which was treaded.

Bro-Ham
11-16-09, 11:57 AM
You're making me want to drive a '64 - - one of my favorite years! I love the '64 Fleetwood 60 Special in particular. Also like Fleetwoods from 58, 69-70, 75-76, 77-79. I love my '79 and it rolls with me every day. It would be a hoot to do an oldie. Do the 93-96 Fleetwood RWD wheels fit on a '64? :) Enjoy your '64!!! :) :)

1964CoupeDeville
11-16-09, 10:03 PM
You're making me want to drive a '64 - - one of my favorite years! I love the '64 Fleetwood 60 Special in particular. Also like Fleetwoods from 58, 69-70, 75-76, 77-79. I love my '79 and it rolls with me every day. It would be a hoot to do an oldie. Do the 93-96 Fleetwood RWD wheels fit on a '64? :) Enjoy your '64!!! :) :)

I would if it wasn't in the body shop for the past 6 weeks.

GenrlRodes
11-16-09, 11:07 PM
I am only 1 year ahead of your 64. My 1965 Fleetwood was purchased new in September of 1964.....

1964CoupeDeville
11-17-09, 01:15 AM
I am only 1 year ahead of your 64. My 1965 Fleetwood was purchased new in September of 1964.....

I couldn't give you an exact date on my original purchase. I'm De Facto the third owner and De Jure the Fourth (I paid for it but had to keep it in my mother's name)

The original owner was a 90 year old woman who died 5 years ago.

GenrlRodes
11-17-09, 01:59 AM
I couldn't give you an exact date on my original purchase. I'm De Facto the third owner and De Jure the Fourth (I paid for it but had to keep it in my mother's name)

The original owner was a 90 year old woman who died 5 years ago.

That is certainly understandable considering the years of these great olde land yachts. I fortunately have much material from the original owner, so it helped in knowing when it was purchased.

My "hopeful" next purchase will be a 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special. Just waiting for the right one to come along that I can afford....

1964CoupeDeville
11-17-09, 03:04 AM
That is certainly understandable considering the years of these great olde land yachts. I fortunately have much material from the original owner, so it helped in knowing when it was purchased.

My "hopeful" next purchase will be a 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special. Just waiting for the right one to come along that I can afford....

Trying to beat me as owner of the oldest caddy eh?

The-Dullahan
11-17-09, 06:00 PM
You got me by 4 years! lol 67 in the house!! And Im 23! lol :D

Oh yeah! I think everyone should own a car that is older than them. For this reason, my first car took me a bit to find. It was (and is) my 1987 Caddy Hearse. She's older than me by one year, and has a tendency to break down (ever heard the Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time"...that's my car) and the insurance is $950 twice a year. Coupled with my only making $300 a week, I am basically ALWAYS broke...But she's worth it.

I actually saw a nice '67 Deville Convertible for sale the other day, near-mint condition. The only thing I found that wasn't original, or redone in the "original style" were some added speakers into the door panels.

Kind of got off-topic. As for having the oldest car, if I find that 1959 Caddy Hearse I hope to find one day...I'll beat you by four years at least.

1964CoupeDeville
11-17-09, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah! I think everyone should own a car that is older than them. For this reason, my first car took me a bit to find. It was (and is) my 1987 Caddy Hearse. She's older than me by one year, and has a tendency to break down (ever heard the Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time"...that's my car) and the insurance is $950 twice a year. Coupled with my only making $300 a week, I am basically ALWAYS broke...But she's worth it.

I actually saw a nice '67 Deville Convertible for sale the other day, near-mint condition. The only thing I found that wasn't original, or redone in the "original style" were some added speakers into the door panels.

Kind of got off-topic. As for having the oldest car, if I find that 1959 Caddy Hearse I hope to find one day...I'll beat you by four years at least.

1959 Caddy? No offense but those buggers are EXPENSIVE

outsider
11-17-09, 08:45 PM
ever heard the Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time"...that's my car

HAHA I love that song :D

DopeStar 156
11-18-09, 03:33 AM
Bought my '76 DeVille for $650, and my '89 Fleetwood Brougham for $2,200. My STS is another story.... Haha....

1964CoupeDeville
11-18-09, 04:44 AM
Bought my '76 DeVille for $650, and my '89 Fleetwood Brougham for $2,200. My STS is another story.... Haha....

It's too bad my Caddy isn't as love by young girls these days as is by me lol

brougham_geezer
11-18-09, 11:08 PM
Well I have you beat, but I think there are older Caddies still on this forum.

I'll admit I'm actually selling it this weekend to someone who will give it the proper factory-spec restoration it deserves, but it's been a fun thing to own, a great conversation piece and I've lived the dream by getting to drive it. Plus, I'm going after another dream-car with the cash... but just what that might be will have to wait until the Spring. :rolleyes:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC07613.jpg

77CDV
11-19-09, 12:38 AM
1950 is the oldest I've ever seen here. What a beauty!

1964CoupeDeville
11-19-09, 02:59 AM
Well I have you beat, but I think there are older Caddies still on this forum.

I'll admit I'm actually selling it this weekend to someone who will give it the proper factory-spec restoration it deserves, but it's been a fun thing to own, a great conversation piece and I've lived the dream by getting to drive it. Plus, I'm going after another dream-car with the cash... but just what that might be will have to wait until the Spring. :rolleyes:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC07613.jpg

Curses, if I had bought that 49' I would have beaten you. Regardless good game. I have one of the oldest though.

DopeStar 156
11-19-09, 03:10 AM
Actually we do have a couple 59's on here..... Parade officially rained on....

1964CoupeDeville
11-19-09, 11:38 AM
Actually we do have a couple 59's on here..... Parade officially rained on....

I have yet to see them. The only reason I made this statement is I've noticed everyone here had late 60s and early 70s caddys as the earliest and I haven't really been around too long.

crunk04gtp
11-20-09, 01:09 AM
My graduation present to myself is going to be a 1960 coupe. The worst mistake I ever made was getting rid of my 89 Brougham, so this time around I'm doing it right!

1964CoupeDeville
11-20-09, 11:30 AM
My graduation present to myself is going to be a 1960 coupe. The worst mistake I ever made was getting rid of my 89 Brougham, so this time around I'm doing it right!

60 Coupes are very expensive.

Bro-Ham
11-20-09, 12:17 PM
Who actually drives their old tubs every day? :) I drive my 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance EVERY DAY. Rain or shine. And I love it! :) I have to admit I am intrigued by the thought of driving something much older as a daily driver. Fun fun FUN! :) Enjoy your cars!!! Dave

outsider
11-20-09, 01:30 PM
i drive my 87 every day and my 69 will just be for fun cruises once it's fixed up...gas mileage is the only thing that turns me off of these old caddies as daily drivers

1964CoupeDeville
11-21-09, 12:29 AM
Who actually drives their old tubs every day? :) I drive my 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance EVERY DAY. Rain or shine. And I love it! :) I have to admit I am intrigued by the thought of driving something much older as a daily driver. Fun fun FUN! :) Enjoy your cars!!! Dave

I would if it wasn't eternally in the shop.

D Yaros
11-25-09, 02:16 PM
I do not know if it is listed anywhere, but I am a registered user, and my de Ville is a 1955; just a bit older than a 63?

1964CoupeDeville
11-25-09, 02:27 PM
I do not know if it is listed anywhere, but I am a registered user, and my de Ville is a 1955; just a bit older than a 63?

Hmmm, but perhaps I have the oldest daily driver.

Crossed Cadillac
12-27-09, 09:38 PM
I drive my 63 Coupe Deville Every day!

My_favorite_Brougham
12-29-09, 11:34 PM
I used to drive my '71 Eldo convertible every day, but I never really enjoyed it like I should have. It had too many quirks for me to drive worry-free. But I really miss driving my '90 Brougham daily the most.