: Almost perfect!

bmwnick
11-15-09, 08:29 PM
I finally got my rims back from the chromer and I was THRILLED to get them mounted up with my Vogues. After fooling around with a cheap set of wire baskets, I'm glad to finally come to my senses and go back to stock wheels especially in chrome. I'm still searching for chrome center caps (the stock caps can't be chrome dipped ), but the home made gold centers will do for now,

jayoldschool
11-15-09, 08:48 PM
Looks great! There are places that do chroming of plastic (or aluminium, etc) parts, btw...

Stingroo
11-15-09, 09:30 PM
Oh my god. The chromed wheels with the vogues... absolute sex on wheels. Literally. :lol:

greencadillacmatt
11-16-09, 04:32 AM
I don't have enough paper towel to clean up all the drool. I may drown if I look at that car any longer...

Warren_R
11-16-09, 05:36 AM
Kleenex, anyone? :2thumbs:

DopeStar 156
11-16-09, 11:45 AM
Kleenex, anyone? :2thumbs:

Jergens....

Bro-Ham
11-16-09, 11:48 AM
Nick, Looks FAB! I had the same problem with getting the caps chromed on the same wheels a few years ago. Cadillac still sold the original chrome center caps at the time so maybe check to see if you can get a set from the dealer. Otherwise, if you find a place to chrome those caps please share the information. Dave :)

Stingroo
11-16-09, 12:34 PM
Dave, your centers aren't chromed? I'll call some shops around here. There are plenty of them. I bet at least one of them will do the caps.

I get out of this class in 20 minutes, then have nothing to do. I'll see if I can find one. :)

Cadillacboy
11-16-09, 07:16 PM
The chrome wheels just look perfect ;)

Bro-Ham
11-17-09, 11:16 AM
I had this same problem with chroming the caps several years ago when I chromed a set of Fleetwood wheels for the 76 Fleetwood I formerly owned. The chrome place in California wouldn't do the caps so I bought new ones from the Cadillac dealership. This was about 2002 so 1996 Fleetwood parts were still available from the dealers.
I also learned the cadillac emblem with the gray background does come apart from the cap itself so this should make it possible to chrome the edge of the cap and then re-glue in the medallion.
I have 93-96 Fleetwood Brougham wheels on my 79 Cad currently but they are not chrome. I want to get the standard Fleetwood non-Brougham lace-look alloy wheels for my car and have them chromed since it is a one of a kind look. :)

outsider
11-17-09, 11:38 AM
worse comes to worse...as a temporary fix just get some of that chrome finish auto spray paint (i got some at walmart to do my grill) and spray the caps :)

bmwnick
11-18-09, 12:47 PM
I had this same problem with chroming the caps several years ago when I chromed a set of Fleetwood wheels for the 76 Fleetwood I formerly owned. The chrome place in California wouldn't do the caps so I bought new ones from the Cadillac dealership. This was about 2002 so 1996 Fleetwood parts were still available from the dealers.
I also learned the cadillac emblem with the gray background does come apart from the cap itself so this should make it possible to chrome the edge of the cap and then re-glue in the medallion.
I have 93-96 Fleetwood Brougham wheels on my 79 Cad currently but they are not chrome. I want to get the standard Fleetwood non-Brougham lace-look alloy wheels for my car and have them chromed since it is a one of a kind look. :)

I've been playing around with center caps. The gray centers come off easily with a little heat and pressure. They seem to be siliconed in place. The problem with chroming the caps is that the aluminum trim ring is rolled over the entire edge of of the plastic backing and cannot be separated. The cap can't be dipped with the aluminum and plastic together. I sanded, primed and painted a couple of caps in a nice metallic gold and they looked pretty good with the Vogues. I was able to find 2 chrome centers so far so I only need 2 more. There's a guy on Ebay selling new chrome caps for $99 each but that's TOO much. I've got chrome on one side of the car and I polished the crap out of 2 aluminum centers for the other side for now.

bmwnick
11-18-09, 12:54 PM
HEY GUYS,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to post some more pics soon. I want to remove the window tint this weekend.

Stingroo
11-18-09, 02:40 PM
You need to stick around more! I love that car to death.

Why remove the tint? Getting it redone?

bmwnick
11-19-09, 09:33 AM
You need to stick around more! I love that car to death.

Why remove the tint? Getting it redone?

thanks. I don't really like tint except on trucks or all black cars. With the flashy chrome wheels AND the Vogues, I think that the car looks a bit too "pimp my ride" for my taste with tinted windows. I store it under a cover so the sun damage won't be an issue and I like the clean, bright look without the tint. Here's pic with my slick, black custom cover.