: Top gear season 14!

itschrome
11-15-09, 05:00 PM
starts tonight! of course being that we dont live in the UK we'll have to wait for it to show up online, still excited none the less. Its a shame we dont have a car show of this caliber here in the us. but then again given the smaller market of available cars to play with it probably wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
11-15-09, 05:06 PM
Well the first episode just aired...

The highlight was the trip to Romania in 3 GT/Supercars inc the new Ferrari California...

:)

itschrome
11-15-09, 05:10 PM
Well the first episode just aired...

The highlight was the trip to Romania in 3 GT/Supercars inc the new Ferrari California...

:)

what other cars they have?? hopefully it will be posted online soon...

gary88
11-15-09, 05:19 PM
Currently waiting for links, can't wait to see it in HD finally :dance:

c5 rv
11-15-09, 05:24 PM
Its a shame we dont have a car show of this caliber here in the us.

There's that joke of a program on PBS. I think it's called Motorweek or something like that. I got tired of counting all the mistakes they make when citing the specs on the cars they are testing.

ryannel2003
11-15-09, 05:33 PM
There's that joke of a program on PBS. I think it's called Motorweek or something like that. I got tired of counting all the mistakes they make when citing the specs on the cars they are testing.

The problem with that show is it's so damn boring. Top Gear is wildly entertaining. Who else would take cars and paint things like Hilary Clinton for president, gay pride, or Nascar sucks and drive through a redneck town... or race an Aston Martin against a train to see which arrives faster... or try to destroy an old Toyota pickup truck to see how reliable it is? Top Gear is the bomb. Even when in the old format they were ripping apart the Seville STS, it was hilarious how they did it.

itschrome
11-15-09, 05:43 PM
The problem with that show is it's so damn boring. Top Gear is wildly entertaining. Who else would take cars and paint things like Hilary Clinton for president, gay pride, or Nascar sucks and drive through a redneck town... or race an Aston Martin against a train to see which arrives faster... or try to destroy an old Toyota pickup truck to see how reliable it is? Top Gear is the bomb. Even when in the old format they were ripping apart the Seville STS, it was hilarious how they did it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-19981119_548338.htm in case any one wants to see that episode with the STS. crappy quality.

itschrome
11-15-09, 05:53 PM
GOT IT

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3153845

it is a torrent, so you out there who dont know how to work with a torrent, just ask and I will explain. oh and yes it is HD!

orconn
11-15-09, 05:54 PM
"Motorweek" has been sub-par for years and years. The producers must be friends of the PBS leadership. The show is very amateurish with predictable Germanophile leanings.

Top Gear is like "Car and Driver" on uppers! Amusing, but far too self-impressed with the host's glib patter and contrived activities.

I for one would like to see a show where different tarnsportation needs are judged by testors different American geographical locals and get there take on how the cars stack up given the different environmental driving climates and personal preferences. Perfect hosts might be dkoz, Jesda, Chad and our very livery Guru! Now that would be a car show I would watch!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-15-09, 06:02 PM
Top Gear is THE best auto publication out there, whether on print or TV.

gary88
11-15-09, 06:14 PM
Megaupload link here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y1M8AULI

dkozloski
11-15-09, 06:45 PM
Top Gear shows here on the BBC, the episodes are only a year old, and they show the same ones over and over.

Stingroo
11-15-09, 06:51 PM
Urgh, I can't download things here on the University's internet!

GAHHH~!#$%##!T%@$#@$ Man, next week when I go home for Thanksgiving, I already told my dad to not expect the computer. I've got an entire music collection to acquire, countless shows, oh my god... blah.

I hate this.

gary88
11-15-09, 07:08 PM
Top Gear shows here on the BBC, the episodes are only a year old, and they show the same ones over and over.

Those are edited to fit within an hour broadcast for the US though, if you download it through a torrent you get the full hour-long version.

dkozloski
11-15-09, 08:05 PM
Bit torrent is a filthy crumbionist plot.

dkozloski
11-15-09, 08:06 PM
Those are edited to fit within an hour broadcast for the US though, if you download it through a torrent you get the full hour-long version.
I don't think I could stand it for a whole hour.

itschrome
11-15-09, 08:48 PM
Bit torrent is a filthy crumbionist plot.

what?

gary88
11-15-09, 09:13 PM
Just finished watching, great episode. Loved all the Dacia Sandero references :lol:

dkozloski
11-15-09, 11:02 PM
what?
Fairly or unfairly, Bit Torrent is closely associated with the pirate distribution of copyrighted material.

itschrome
11-15-09, 11:24 PM
Fairly or unfairly, Bit Torrent is closely associated with the pirate distribution of copyrighted material.

so.. what your point? also whats so bad with that?

dkozloski
11-16-09, 12:31 AM
so.. what your point? also whats so bad with that?
Theft is theft.

ga_etc
11-16-09, 01:15 AM
Anyone use the iReel option?

greencadillacmatt
11-18-09, 01:10 AM
I can NEVER get enough of this show, and have almost literally been counting down the days untill it came back on. Why the BBC doesn't offer the series on DVD in the English format is beyond me...

concorso
11-18-09, 10:56 AM
I don't think I could stand it for a whole hour.Thats just because youre oldand cranky :) Seriously, if youre anything in real life like your posts, youve got to be the most unhappy and tiresome person to be around...Holy suck the life out of a room, batman!

By the way, my parents are your age. They love Casablanca, The Andy Griffith Show, drive-in movies, classic cars and Top Gear.

concorso
11-18-09, 11:02 AM
"Motorweek" has been sub-par for years and years. The producers must be friends of the PBS leadership. The show is very amateurish with predictable Germanophile leanings.

Top Gear is like "Car and Driver" on uppers! Amusing, but far too self-impressed with the host's glib patter and contrived activities.

I for one would like to see a show where different tarnsportation needs are judged by testors different American geographical locals and get there take on how the cars stack up given the different environmental driving climates and personal preferences. Perfect hosts might be dkoz, Jesda, Chad and our very livery Guru! Now that would be a car show I would watch!
I remember when they had a head to head test of the V and M5. Every opinion of both cars was practically the opposite of what every other mag and owner said. My father, who doesnt criticize anything...at all...mentionted to me how 'amateurish' the show is.

They do the same stupid tests over and over, with the ponytailed knob adjusting seat belts and pressing dash buttons, and 1/4 mile tests that nooone needs to see...

Stingroo
11-18-09, 11:16 AM
Thats just because youre oldand cranky :) Seriously, if youre anything in real life like your posts, youve got to be the most unhappy and tiresome person to be around...Holy suck the life out of a room, batman!

By the way, my parents are your age. They love Casablanca, The Andy Griffith Show, drive-in movies, classic cars and Top Gear.

Sir, I love you. You have let free the thoughts in my mind in post.

Kick94sts
11-18-09, 11:38 AM
I love the show. I watch most of the episodes online because it's pretty much the most entertaining stuff. I get BBC America back at home and I'll catch it on there every now and then, but the full hour doesn't keep my attention the whole time lol. I love the camera work too! Compared to any American car TV show, it's just awesome. It sucks they hate all American cars before even giving them a second chance, but what can you expect from the bloody Brits! haha

dkozloski
11-18-09, 11:54 AM
The problem with you guys is that you don't understand sarcasm and hyperbole. I offer thoughts in fun and you take them seriously. Maybe you guys are riddled with guilt and my jabs are hitting sore spots.

concorso
11-18-09, 04:53 PM
The problem with you guys is that you don't understand sarcasm and hyperbole. I offer thoughts in fun and you take them seriously. Maybe you guys are riddled with guilt and my jabs are hitting sore spots.The problem we have? Youre being critical in a thread about a topic you have little interest it, and 'we' have the problem?
At 69, you, an educated and experienced guy, should know that sarcasm is inferred by facial expression and vocal tone. So please don't play 'dummy' and act like you dont know what you were doing. We both know that hyperbole is almost always used to incite a strong reaction...I suppose Im only proving your point correct, but hey, Im human, we all have sore spots.

Im curious, Koz, are you as critical of the banks who launder illegal money whether they like it or not? Are you as critical of gunowners, knowing that guns are used for crimes every day? BitTorrent is just a tool used to transport files.

By the way, Id be willing to bet I have a bigger CD collection (thats still growing) than you have vinyl. ;) Im a big user of BT, and Ill continue to right until it shuts down. I buy alot of DVD's and CD's. BitTorrent allows me to hear the music before I buy, so I dont waste money on 1 hit wonder/filler albums, or movies like 2012.

concorso
11-18-09, 05:02 PM
I love the show. I watch most of the episodes online because it's pretty much the most entertaining stuff. I get BBC America back at home and I'll catch it on there every now and then, but the full hour doesn't keep my attention the whole time lol. I love the camera work too! Compared to any American car TV show, it's just awesome. It sucks they hate all American cars before even giving them a second chance, but what can you expect from the bloody Brits! hahaTheyre a little harsh on american cars, but they dont hate ALL american cars. They liked the 1st gen CTS. They liked the 1st gen CTS-V. They love the Ford Focus, Ford Mondeo, Ford GT and newer Mustang. They hated the Lightning, and rightfully so, as it was a piece. They loved the Z06 and ZR1. They loved the new V. And they had an entire episode dedicated to how horrible british cars were a few years ago.
They also had an entire segment dedicated the the SBC and how it was the greatest engine ever. Yes, the small block chevy.

I tend to think they like to 'take the mickey outta' american cars, but they still love them as much as american mags do, maybe even moreso. At least theyre patriotic to a fault, unlike most of the American rags...

Stingroo
11-18-09, 05:06 PM
American car magazines love anything by Nissan from what I've always read. So... I've stopped reading, lol.

I haven't picked up a Motor Trend, Automobile, Car and Driver or Road and Track in who-knows-how long.

I prefer www.leftlanenews.com if I want to keep up with the auto industry. A friend of mine, every Monday, go over the previous week's news. Sort of a cheers and jeers of the automotive industry between us. It's rather interesting.

dkozloski
11-18-09, 06:01 PM
The problem we have? Youre being critical in a thread about a topic you have little interest it, and 'we' have the problem?
At 69, you, an educated and experienced guy, should know that sarcasm is inferred by facial expression and vocal tone. So please don't play 'dummy' and act like you dont know what you were doing. We both know that hyperbole is almost always used to incite a strong reaction...I suppose Im only proving your point correct, but hey, Im human, we all have sore spots.

Im curious, Koz, are you as critical of the banks who launder illegal money whether they like it or not? Are you as critical of gunowners, knowing that guns are used for crimes every day? BitTorrent is just a tool used to transport files.

By the way, Id be willing to bet I have a bigger CD collection (thats still growing) than you have vinyl. ;) Im a big user of BT, and Ill continue to right until it shuts down. I buy alot of DVD's and CD's. BitTorrent allows me to hear the music before I buy, so I dont waste money on 1 hit wonder/filler albums, or movies like 2012.
Bit Torrent was developed as a means of transmitting and distributing really large files. It has evolved into the primary method for distributing pirated DVD movies and CD's mainly because it is very difficult to trace the source. Pirating movies and other copyrighted material is theft whether you like it or not. Theft is theft. Part of the problem will soon be a thing of the past as CDs are soon to be extinct. Years ago they'd let you listen to the music you were about to purchase at the music store. They are about to disappear from the landscape. Distribution of music over the internet has driven them out of business.

itschrome
11-18-09, 06:42 PM
Bit Torrent was developed as a means of transmitting and distributing really large files. It has evolved into the primary method for distributing pirated DVD movies and CD's mainly because it is very difficult to trace the source. Pirating movies and other copyrighted material is theft whether you like it or not. Theft is theft. Part of the problem will soon be a thing of the past as CDs are soon to be extinct. Years ago they'd let you listen to the music you were about to purchase at the music store. They are about to disappear from the landscape. Distribution of music over the internet has driven them out of business.

hey, look. your perfect we get. You've never recorded a football game with out the expressed permission of the nfl, or made a copy of a vhs, or made a right hand turn at onto an empty street dispute a no turn on red sigh even though there was no traffic around, or even speed. you never break the law.now can you make like cd's in the music industry and disappear? please? your just being a cranky old man hijacking threads. where you dont care about what the actual topic is, as well as just going off about how pirating media over the internet is wrong. blah blah blah...

itschrome
11-18-09, 06:49 PM
I finally got around to watching the episode. freaking great I am glad they did have an celebrity this episode, if my least favorite part of the show. if they would just drop that segment all together it would make the show the best show ever!! I'm still not a fan of the California, not just because i hate convertibles either if i was gonna buy a Ferrari GT car it would have to be the 599.when i think of what a gt car should be i think of the 599. I wonder what a Cadillac GT car would be like, or any american GT car for that matter. I would love to see Cadillac, Lincoln or even Chrysler come out with a true GT car.

Kick94sts
11-18-09, 07:04 PM
Theyre a little harsh on american cars, but they dont hate ALL american cars. They liked the 1st gen CTS. They liked the 1st gen CTS-V. They love the Ford Focus, Ford Mondeo, Ford GT and newer Mustang. They hated the Lightning, and rightfully so, as it was a piece. They loved the Z06 and ZR1. They loved the new V. And they had an entire episode dedicated to how horrible british cars were a few years ago.
They also had an entire segment dedicated the the SBC and how it was the greatest engine ever. Yes, the small block chevy.

I tend to think they like to 'take the mickey outta' american cars, but they still love them as much as american mags do, maybe even moreso. At least theyre patriotic to a fault, unlike most of the American rags...

They usually find something to gripe about, then that's all they talk about lol.

Rodya234
11-18-09, 08:35 PM
They usually find something to gripe about, then that's all they talk about lol.

Like the attention he gave to the key chime in the V1. He did mention the crappy stock shifter, but didn't mention the wheel hop. (which from what I understand are both actual problems, not just niggling issues.)

Stingroo
11-18-09, 08:40 PM
I remember the key chime rant. All the "bongs" it makes. lol.

Kick94sts
11-18-09, 09:05 PM
I love the review on the escalade too for it's comedy haha

ga_etc
11-18-09, 11:18 PM
I finally got the download to finish and was able to watch the episode. Just turned it off and all I can say is :drool:... The show just gets better and better. I don't know how they can possibly keep doing it. I love the Aston Martin DBS, even more so in Volante form. That is one stunning car inside and out. The interior quality in Aston's is phenomenal. The 599 California though... what a car. I have never been really big on Ferraris, but that one is sex on wheels I swear. They even had some great music in that episode.

Please tell me that someone is going to keep a watch on the season online and link it for our viewing pleasure... or at least for most of us anyway. Dkoz, I respect that fact everyone has different taste, I truly do, but if you like cars any at all I do not see how you possibly cannot like that show. It is quite simply the best cars show EVER, bar none.

itschrome
11-18-09, 11:57 PM
I finally got the download to finish and was able to watch the episode. Just turned it off and all I can say is :drool:... The show just gets better and better. I don't know how they can possibly keep doing it. I love the Aston Martin DBS, even more so in Volante form. That is one stunning car inside and out. The interior quality in Aston's is phenomenal. The 599 California though... what a car. I have never been really big on Ferraris, but that one is sex on wheels I swear. They even had some great music in that episode.
yeah that Aston was sexy, if i was so luck can could choose any one car to have and keep and love and drive for ever, it with out a doubt would be the Aston. Also the California isn't a 599 technically its the F149. how ever simply California works just fine. all though the 599 is sweet as well, sweeter if you ask me.

Please tell me that someone is going to keep a watch on the season online and link it for our viewing pleasure... or at least for most of us anyway.

dkozloski
11-19-09, 01:13 AM

Please tell me that someone is going to keep a watch on the season online and link it for our viewing pleasure... or at least for most of us anyway. Dkoz, I respect that fact everyone has different taste, I truly do, but if you like cars any at all I do not see how you possibly cannot like that show. It is quite simply the best cars show EVER, bar none.
I liked the episode about the Ariel Atom. I could own one of those. The rest of that stuff is too damn civilized for me.

The best daily driver I ever had was a '66 Corvair with a 425HP 396 in the back seat that I built myself.

ga_etc
11-19-09, 01:25 AM
That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that the stuff they drive on Top Gear is too civilized lol.

A 425hp Corvair? Isn't that about the equivalent of a 350 in a VW Bug?

dkozloski
11-19-09, 01:38 AM
That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that the stuff they drive on Top Gear is too civilized lol.

A 425hp Corvair? Isn't that about the equivalent of a 350 in a VW Bug?

It ran the quarter in the 11s and turned 7500RPM in fourth gear for a top end.

The 396 had 12.5:1 Grant pistons, aluminum square port ZL-1 heads, a reverse turning gear drive L-88 cam, forged aluminum rocker arms, and a 960 CFM Holley. The car cornered so hard you could feel your guts slosh. I was stopped by the troopers several times because they had heard about it and wanted to look it over. I finally sold it because I got tired of replacing broken drive line parts.

ga_etc
11-19-09, 01:50 AM
Except for having to fix it all the time that sounds awesome. Maybe you should have taken Ralph Nader for a ride in yours so he would leave them alone. I like the styling of the cars. I think it would be cool to have a convertible one to play around with. But this is also coming from someone who likes the styling of a Karman Ghia. I like odd stuff.

itschrome
11-19-09, 01:59 AM
Except for having to fix it all the time that sounds awesome. Maybe you should have taken Ralph Nader for a ride in yours so he would leave them alone. I like the styling of the cars. I think it would be cool to have a convertible one to play around with. But this is also coming from someone who likes the styling of a Karman Ghia. I like odd stuff.

I like the Karm8 with an Ghia styling as well. My dad had a 68 with a 75 Porsche 911 engine in it. which might be why i like them.

dkozloski
11-19-09, 02:42 AM
I like the Karm8 with an Ghia styling as well. My dad had a 68 with a 75 Porsche 911 engine in it. which might be why i like them.
I worked with a big fat guy who owned a Karman Ghia. We ran a length of coax cable from the coil through a hole we drilled in the floor and up to where the seat back met the seat bottom. He got in it, turned the key, and about put a bulge in the roof where his head hit it. I'll be damned if he didn't turn the key and nail himself in the ass again. About this time he noticed us all looking out the window and laughing at him. I saw in the newspaper not too long ago that he'd died and I felt a pang of guilt when I remembered what we'd done to him.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
11-19-09, 03:20 AM
I am glad they did have an celebrity this episode, if my least favorite part of the show.

They had the Australian actor on? The one who crashed his own Ford while filming a documentary about racing? :confused:

(it's also my least favourite part of the show, I think Clarkson still wants to be a chat host despite his failed chat show a few years ago).

itschrome
11-19-09, 12:49 PM
They had the Australian actor on? The one who crashed his own Ford while filming a documentary about racing? :confused:

(it's also my least favourite part of the show, I think Clarkson still wants to be a chat host despite his failed chat show a few years ago).

wow. i must have black out during that....

ga_etc
11-19-09, 02:58 PM
I worked with a big fat guy who owned a Karman Ghia. We ran a length of coax cable from the coil through a hole we drilled in the floor and up to where the seat back met the seat bottom. He got in it, turned the key, and about put a bulge in the roof where his head hit it. I'll be damned if he didn't turn the key and nail himself in the ass again. About this time he noticed us all looking out the window and laughing at him. I saw in the newspaper not too long ago that he'd died and I felt a pang of guilt when I remembered what we'd done to him.

Mean, but funny. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-19-09, 03:05 PM
It ran the quarter in the 11s and turned 7500RPM in fourth gear for a top end.

The 396 had 12.5:1 Grant pistons, aluminum square port ZL-1 heads, a reverse turning gear drive L-88 cam, forged aluminum rocker arms, and a 960 CFM Holley. The car cornered so hard you could feel your guts slosh. I was stopped by the troopers several times because they had heard about it and wanted to look it over. I finally sold it because I got tired of replacing broken drive line parts.

OK, that's freaking cool!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-19-09, 03:06 PM
When did Top Gear expose Schumacher as the stig? Was it recently?

itschrome
11-19-09, 04:43 PM
When did Top Gear expose Schumacher as the stig? Was it recently?

last season, but it was really just cause he was a guess that week. he's not really the stig.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-19-09, 08:51 PM
Gotcha. Well it would make sense though, as he's arguably the world's best driver.

gary88
11-22-09, 07:41 PM
Episode 2:

Torrent: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9XFSZW2
Stream: http://www.casttv.com/shows/top-gear/series-14-episode-2/vswrt51

concorso
11-22-09, 07:43 PM
ZR1 vs. R8 V10 tonight!!

Ive got tickets for next season too! :)

itschrome
11-23-09, 12:23 AM
good looks, i have been out of the house most of the night downloading now.

itschrome
11-23-09, 02:41 PM
HAHAHA i love when they make stuff. That hammerhead eagle thrust i was something else. haha. what si found surprising is how junky the quality on the zr1 seemed. they made it look like a real POS. is it really that flimsy and junky? I worked with a guy that had a z06 and i found the build quality to be good, not great but nt junky either. cant imagine the top 'vette veing worse than that.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
11-23-09, 03:09 PM
The problem with American car companies is that they love that really nasty hard cheap plastic and they tend to go for flimsy construction when lipping it all together (or hinging it) too.

The fit and finish on say an Audi is miles ahead of anything that comes out of Detroit. Yes you get less for your money, and by that I mean lower numbers, less equipment etc, but what you do get is all of much higher quality. Everything is solid, the way the doors think shut, the way plastic trays/doors in the car are damped and you can't wiggle them about either, Plus the old bang on the dash test is like hitting a rock as opposed to some hollow plastic box.

Don't get me wrong, I love American cars, I *want* the big V8, I want the toys, I want the in your face styling and character. All things German and Japanese cars lack. Yes they're competent (but not as reliable as you might think) but they don't have any character. There's something clinical about them. But as all cars are pretty reliable, comfortable and well equipped these days, people start looking at quality and engineering over character, plus standing out is not as cool as understated blending in.

I love my American cars and imagine driving much else, but sadly most of the world doesn't think like me these days, I look for different things in my choice of car. Detroit needs to keep increasing the quality of their cars. The 09 CTS is a big improvement but it still has a way to go to completely match that Germanic feel of solidity.

gary88
11-23-09, 05:15 PM
I completely lost it every time they showed the "mood room" :rofl:

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/Screenshot2009-11-22at114453PM.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/gheb882/Screenshot2009-11-23at121731AM.jpg

Kick94sts
11-23-09, 08:21 PM
hahaha, Hammond is my favorite no doubt. When he rolls that short van in the challenge vs. the cop car, I just burst out laughing when he's climbing out and smoothly says "I may have overcooked that a bit..." hahahahahaha

heres a gif of it...

http://tgbarrelroll.ytmnd.com/

gary88
11-29-09, 07:25 PM
Episode 3

http://www.casttv.com/shows/top-gear/series-14-episode-3/quvy17

itschrome
11-29-09, 07:52 PM
Episode 3

http://www.casttv.com/shows/top-gear/series-14-episode-3/quvy17

wish i could get a link directly to zshare to watch this. never have a lag issue with zshare, but thatweb site is causing it to lag like a mofo

gary88
11-29-09, 08:01 PM
or you can download the 720p torrent here

http://eztv.it/ep/17756/top-gear-14x03-720p-hdtv-x264-fov/

AMGoff
12-02-09, 03:19 AM
HAHAHA i love when they make stuff. That hammerhead eagle thrust i was something else. haha.

You know... As much as I truly love the show, one thing really irked me about that segment. After they came out with the "Rev. B" of Geoff/hamhead eagle ithrust or whatever they ended up calling it... They went on and on how the worst thing about electric cars concerns the power being supplied by batteries alone - and then went all ga-ga over the idea behind having a diesel/gas generator supplying power to the car's electric motor. After which, both Clarkson and Hammond gave high praise to May for coming up with such a "novel" idea...

Ummm... Hello - the Chevy Volt anyone?

Certainly they know of the car, as well as the basics behind its propulsion.... That being - a battery-powered, electric car with an onboard gas generator that supplies power to the electric motor once the batteries are dead. Yet they gave no mention of the Volt whatsoever and completely acted like they were the first and only people to ever even conjure such an idea.

While I tend to simply overlook 99% of what they have to say about American cars (hell - I even agree with them a majority of the time)... For whatever reason, this one really bothered me since I truly believe they made no mention of the Volt simply because because it's being made by GM.

wish i could get a link directly to zshare to watch this. never have a lag issue with zshare, but thatweb site is causing it to lag like a mofo

Seriously?

I find zShare to be one of the worst amongst all of the streaming servers and will avoid them whenever possible. Thankfully, sites such as casttv will usually provide an alternate link to servers such as Megavideo - which I've found to be much smoother in playback, as well as having a much more dynamic player. While I haven't tried it in a while, IIRC - zshare is amongst those which necessitate having the video load/download the required data before being able to jump around the video - which I absolutely hate... Especially if I lose the connection or if I have to restart the browser for whatever reason and have to start watching/loading the video from the very beginning.

Megavideo (and Youtube for that matter), allows you to jump back and forth to any part of the video, regardless of whether that portion has been loaded yet - it simply skips ahead and begins buffering from whichever timestamp one desires.

Anyway... For those of you who haven't seen Episode 3 yet - I won't go into too much detail, but it's definitely a good one! I've always enjoyed their camper or "caravan" segments and this one certainly doesn't disappoint! When James was accidentally "blown" into restricted airspace and the police helicopter came after him... Coffee damn near came out my nose! An immediate classic.... :thumbsup:

evois
12-03-09, 02:02 PM
this is what made me watch topgear:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fq400+vs+lambo&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fq400#q=fq400+vs+lambo&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fq400&qvid=fq400+vs+lambo&vid=-5252907132256980164

better graphics!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fq400+vs+lambo&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fq400#q=fq400+vs+lambo&hl=en&emb=0&aq=1&oq=fq400&qvid=fq400+vs+lambo&vid=-8860568761864210713

concorso
12-06-09, 10:16 AM
You were late to the party! Alot of Top Gears best episodes were in their early seasons...

ga_etc
12-07-09, 12:40 AM
Where is tonight's link?

eldorado99
12-07-09, 12:46 AM
We get them all from here, this is generally the first place that posts them. http://www.finalgear.com/

eldorado99
12-07-09, 12:47 AM
You were late to the party! Alot of Top Gears best episodes were in their early seasons...

By that do you mean the ones from the 70s or Top gear in its current incarnation?

ga_etc
12-07-09, 01:09 AM
We get them all from here, this is generally the first place that posts them. http://www.finalgear.com/

Thanks. Now if it will just DL.

The Tony Show
12-09-09, 10:55 PM
Direct link if anyone wants it.

http://www.storage.to/get/YCFIVLHM/Top_Gear.14x04.HDTV_XviD-FoV_.rar

concorso
12-10-09, 09:29 AM
By that do you mean the ones from the 70s or Top gear in its current incarnation?Obviously the new format. The original format was boring...and surprisingly it ran well into the 90's, within a couple years of the new show. Ive been watching this show for a long time, and up until I moved about 15 years go, was watching it live. Tiff was boring. Clarkson was boring. The show was basically any N.American car show with a different accent. It wasnt until the 2nd season of the new format that they finally started to find the right formula.

itschrome
12-13-09, 05:43 PM
aw, son of a %$*&@ no top gear this week.... :(