: 1991 Brougham Climate Control Unit stuck on auto

RichmondBrougham
11-15-09, 04:41 PM
I have a 1991 Cadillac Brougham with 78000 miles on it.

Over the past six months the climate control would occasionally get stuck and the off button would not function.

A couple of days ago the problem worsened... the climate control is stuck on auto, the raise temperature button and the off button do not work. Also the battery is being continuously drained when the vehicle is turned off.

1. Does the climate control unit need to be replaced? If so where is a good place near Richmond, VA to get this fixed.

2. Would a malfunctioning climate control cause the battery to drain rapidly.
----------------------------------------
Another problem that may or may not be contributing to the battery draining is the factory stereo system. The radio functions but there is a severe connection problem between the radio and all four speakers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Justin

outsider
11-15-09, 09:05 PM
sometimes my climate control buttons don't work and I just have to knock on the display lightly and they start working again. They just get stuck or something I guess??

csbuckn
11-16-09, 03:54 PM
The climate control unit is probably the problem and will need to be replaced. There is a possibility thats this is causing the battery drain but probably not. You can pull the fuse to the climate control overnight to see if it still drains. Most junkyards should have the part, car-part.com will tell you. As for the radio, you have the head unit, external amp under the dash and the speakers. If the head unit is working, maybe its the amp.