: 9" or 9.5" Pulley mod & stock tune?

Gary Wells
11-15-09, 11:50 AM
Anybody remember who is running a 9" pulley on a stock tune? I know that there is at least 1 peep running a pulley & maybe a couple of other mods but no modified tune? I am interested in info on RWHP, RWTQ, & 1/8 & 1/4 mile times & traps, results, & opinions in general.

wait4me
11-15-09, 09:38 PM
Gary if you buy a pulley kit from us, you can swap between different size rings in a matter of 10 minutes. You will be MUCH happier with the 9.5 ring kit. that seems to be the 95% selection of all our customers.... If you buy a 9.5 and it is too much for your licking, then you can swap it with a 9 inch or even a 8.5 inch ring, or, after you play with the 9.5 for a while and want more, a 10 inch ring, or 10.5 is always a selection away.. :)

Vrocks
11-15-09, 10:16 PM
Anybody remember who is running a 9" pulley on a stock tune? I know that there is at least 1 peep running a pulley & maybe a couple of other mods but no modified tune? I am interested in info on RWHP, RWTQ, & 1/8 & 1/4 mile times & traps, results, & opinions in general.

Gary, I have the 9" pulley running on the stock tune. I also have the wait4me heat exchanger, 160 Tstat, Amsoil 0W30 and Amsoil 050 filter, and a stock air box (no cutting or K&N filter).

If I did it / do it again I'm going to get the Metco Motorsports pulley and the innovators west balancer, so I could try the 9.5" or 10.0" ring.

My car put 501HP and 524ft-lbs to the ground @180F. The max boost was 10.24 and AF was around 11.4:1 but it was a bit lean from 3K to 5K. I've been told by numerous sources that I'm fine with the stock tune but I'm going to upload the Wait4Me tune as soon as I can (more performance and it's safer because it pulls some timing). Based on my experiences with the 9" ring, I would not get the 9.5 unless you're going to tune it.

zr1vet
11-15-09, 10:20 PM
When you swap pulleys out do you need to swap the belts too? Or does 1 belt work for a couple sizes? I know a 9" gets a different belt than the stock belt, but does the 9.5" take an entirely different belt?