: New Member w/ an issue

BajaBoss34
11-15-09, 10:00 AM
Good morning! Hate starting an intro with a following question but let me do a formal introduction! Live in Houston, TX and I have a passion for boats and Harley Davidson! I have a 300C which was my favorite car to drive down to the marina but the new CTS that I picked up yesterday...fascinating to say the least and the favorite car that I will be driving now!

Bought my wife a CTS for her birthday several 2007 with the old body style. Loved the car and upgraded to a fully equiped 2009. First time using the FOB!

This morning, she wanted to play by programming settings, etc. but she could not open the door. I have been searching throughout the forum for a while and can't find the answer.

We left the FOB far away from the car, but the distance probably was not enough. I attempted to open the trunk and all I hear is a disturbed click as if it needs some more juice. I do not have the flat key - What options do I have to open the car or hood?

Any help or link would be greatly appreciated.

RightTurn
11-15-09, 12:52 PM
Don't you have two fobs? Have you tried the second one? I believe the "flat key" is inside the fob; see if you can figure out how to get the top off the fob.

V-Eight
11-15-09, 01:32 PM
I believe there is a little 'trigger' on the back of the fob that you pull that will allow you to remove the key. If its the same as a Nissan one, that is.

RightTurn
11-15-09, 05:01 PM
I know my SRX fob has the flat key inside; however I've never tried to open it so I don't know how it works. :o