: Code 43

csbuckn
11-13-09, 11:43 PM
In the 5.7, it will throw a code 43 after driving for 20 min or so. This is an electronic spark control circuit code. It reads from the knock sensor, a ground, ECM, ESC module and ignition. These all seem to be in working order. I have even unplugged the knock sensor and still get the code after a 20 min drive. What seems to be related is that the voltage readout on the climate control jumps from the high 12s to low 14s several times a minute. The engine runs okay at idle but the lights blink when I hit the brakes. Any ideas what this could be? The service manual says I need a scan tool(not a code reader) but I dont have access to one.

HUF
11-14-09, 12:56 AM
Bad battery, connections, cables?

thefleetwoodguy
11-14-09, 03:41 PM
In the 5.7, it will throw a code 43 after driving for 20 min or so. This is an electronic spark control circuit code. It reads from the knock sensor, a ground, ECM, ESC module and ignition. These all seem to be in working order. I have even unplugged the knock sensor and still get the code after a 20 min drive. What seems to be related is that the voltage readout on the climate control jumps from the high 12s to low 14s several times a minute. The engine runs okay at idle but the lights blink when I hit the brakes. Any ideas what this could be? The service manual says I need a scan tool(not a code reader) but I dont have access to one.

sounds like a grounding issue I/M/O

csbuckn
11-14-09, 11:16 PM
k, I think im gonna redo the ground and see if its better. thanks