: Replaced CPS in 97 Catera and still won't start

coatesdb
11-13-09, 05:02 PM
Thanks to all the great posts that have helped me through my 8 years of catera ownership.
My car stalled while my girlfriend was driving it. So I went to pick it up the next day with a tow dolly and it started right up. I then towed it home anyways and it started right up again and I let it run for 20 minutes or so. Thinking I had dodged a bullet I shut it off and went about my business.
A week later I tried to start it up and the battery was dead. I hooked the battery charger to it and it started for about 3 seconds then quit. It will not start now only crank over and over. I am embarrsed to say that I attempted to check for spark with starting fluid but it did not start with that either. After reading posts on here I bought and installed a new Crankshaft position sensor and it still will not start. Within the last 6 months I have installed new wires, plugs and coil. I do however have a cam cover leak.
Can anyone help with my problem. I would like to fix my car to use as a secondary driver but at this point I am ready to put it on ebay at no reserve.
Thanks

Will1470
11-17-09, 04:26 PM
You may need to replace the fuel filter and pump, mine is doing the same thing I have replaced the pump and filter and I'm was going to try Crankshaft Position Sensor next