: Rattle

jwall09
11-13-09, 12:35 AM
When its cool outside and on a cool start up i hear a rattle coming from under the console area (i think). Only does it in the lower gears and heavy acceleration makes it rattle more. Sounds like a heat shield, but i took it to the dealership and they said they were all tight, and they did tighten them again- but its still doing it. After the car has warmed up it goes away. I have Corsa mufflers, but like i said, it sounds like its coming from right under the console. Anyone else have this issue and figure it out?

silverws6ta
11-13-09, 01:07 AM
When its cool outside and on a cool start up i hear a rattle coming from under the console area (i think). Only does it in the lower gears and heavy acceleration makes it rattle more. Sounds like a heat shield, but i took it to the dealership and they said they were all tight, and they did tighten them again- but its still doing it. After the car has warmed up it goes away. I have Corsa mufflers, but like i said, it sounds like its coming from right under the console. Anyone else have this issue and figure it out?

There is a 8 inch (IIRC) stainless cross brace that bolts below the exhaust system -- After I installed my GMPP system I heard this occasionally, my local Caddy tech and I tracked it down to that cross brace which has no functionality, but the new exhaust would make contact with it at times. You can remove it, and place the carriage bolts w/ rubber isolators back in safely.. I have the brace itself in my trunk.. no noise!

If you need a pic, let me know -