: Modern Warfare 2

nikon
11-12-09, 10:22 AM
If you haven't played it yet...go out and get it...pretty much the same gameplay for multiplayer...just alot more bonus' and such......really good game...If your on xbox live I'm nikon858

Stingroo
11-12-09, 10:31 AM
Add me, I'm Stingroo. I'll be back in my dorm in like an hour, and then a friend wants to check MW2 out, then I can probably jump online.

I hate some of the maps, for now. I just need to get used to them, and my K/D is suffering because of my impatience. However, I loved, and I mean, LOVED, the campaign. I just wish it was longer.

V-Eight
11-12-09, 10:51 AM
I hated the South American map in single player, and I hate it multiplayer lol.

Stingroo
11-12-09, 11:41 AM
Because it sucks period. That mission was hard. lol

V-Eight
11-12-09, 11:58 AM
Yeah, not looking forward to in on Veteran. There's too many camp spots on the MP map due to there being too many open windows. Sure, that makes it more realistic, but it takes away some of the fun

iowasevillests
11-12-09, 01:15 PM
My copy is supposed to show up tomorrow, good thing the weather isn't supposed to be great this weekend otherwise I would have a hard choice between working outside and playing! Unfortunatly my satellite internet isn't fast enough(lag) to join on live otherwise I would join in :(

Stingroo
11-12-09, 03:04 PM
Satellite internet isn't fast enough? How? I run on a crappy University connection and I play fine, lol.

V-Eight/Mike: Yeah, I haven't tried veteran yet. I will today because I want to get some more achievments.

I will whole-heartedly admit: I am a gamerscore whore. lol

Rodya234
11-12-09, 03:11 PM
:p on X-bax version.

PC FTW. :cool2:

Stingroo
11-12-09, 03:21 PM
PC for the loss. I'll take my gaming console that I already know can handle games as smoothly as possible than run them slower on a PC or have to pay to buy upgrades for my PC to handle a certain game. :P

Rodya234
11-12-09, 05:05 PM
The xbox isn't completely free of lapses in frame rate, granted that it is more consistent on average versus PC. But a PC with enough graphics horsepower will make any TV based system look like an N64 in comparison :D

You haven't experienced truly great graphics detail until you've played Crysis at its highest settings @ 1920x1080 resolution.

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 05:39 PM
1920x1080 ???? LOLLLL

I play crisys at 2560x1600 with all settings maxed out on my 30in XHD3000 monitor powered by my core I7 PC I built last Christmas. The two 295's push out sick frame rates with little over clock.

That's truely great graphics. The first time I played it and someone threw a grenade I about fell out of my chair. Lol

makes the price of the PC feel more and more worth it everytime I think about it.

Stingroo
11-12-09, 05:52 PM
Doesn't do it for me. My $200 Xbox 360 looks good enough, I can't justify spending four-digit numbers on a gaming rig, THEN having to buy games? No thanks.

Until PC comes down to console-like prices, I, and I'm sure many MANY other people my age (generally the core market for video games) could care less. :P

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 06:10 PM
Thats because you and the vast majority of people who play games have not experienced anything better than 360 and PS3 graphics.

One day maybe in 5 years when they come out with a playstation or Xbox that can push 2560X1600 maybe youll look at how great it is, and then realize you could have been playing games like that 5 years ago.

Maybe then youll think its worth it.

Your talking about the a difference comparable to a Xbox 360 and a super nintendo

Stingroo
11-12-09, 07:34 PM
So what did you spend for your gaming rig, with monitor?

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 08:21 PM
A few people got me different parts for christmas and I bought the rest of them and put it together. If you add everything together at that time it was around $3,000 or so for the PC. The monitor is another $1,000 But the price of hardware is always going down. Right now you could probably do the PC for $2,500 but the monitor is still a grand.

At the time, and even some PC's now, if you bought a PC with the same harware as mine they were running upwards of 5-8K. I saw an ad in MaximumPC last month for one that had the same setup as mine but instead of 2 300G raptors it had 2 150s and it had 1333Mhz RAM instead of my 1600Mhz, and it was $6,500. So considering that, I figure I got a deal.

I may be wrong but Im pretty positive that the only monitors that will do 1600P are around 30". Playing at 1080 with all settings maxed out is cool, but on what a 23 in monitor? Its unreal at 1600P on a 30".

I do a lot of video editing too. For example I can convert 5 full length movies into a different format with the best quality in about an hour, where as before it would take me an hour a piece.

nikon
11-12-09, 08:32 PM
only game I play on my computer is command and conquer, have to have a mouse....counter strike is fun every now and then...but I still prefer xbox...3k is way to much for a computer.....

Stingroo
11-12-09, 08:37 PM
Yeah. I'd rather just play my $200 xbox on my 30 inch TV, and that cost me under $500 for everything, including games and accessories.

PC gaming is far from cost effective, which is the point I was trying to make.

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 09:21 PM
If cost effective is your main concern.

The point I was trying to make was PC gaming is far superior to console gaming.

nikon
11-12-09, 09:26 PM
If cost effective is your main concern.

The point I was trying to make was PC gaming is far superior to console gaming.

No doubt, a friend of mine has a badass gaming rig....games look much better...but I can sit on my couch and play games on my 60" sony :) can't do that with a computer...you prolly can, but I still prefer the xbox :)

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 09:27 PM
Hmmm. So you got a $200 xbox and you paid 500 for everything including games and accesories???

What kind of tv? There's no way you got a HDTV let alone a 1080p HDTV. And what accesories? Let's see xbox-$200, 2 games-$100-$130, accesories - $100+ And that's all before tax!

A 32 inch 720 flat screen runs about 350-400.

So fess up. How many games do you got 1, 2? You probably got almost a thousand dollars into playing your xbox at 720p.

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 09:28 PM
I can sit on my couch and play games on me 55" led. But they look way better on my 30" 1600p PC monitor.

LAC_STS
11-12-09, 09:31 PM
I guess I'm against all of you guys because I console wise I prefer the ps3. But we do share the fact we love moder warfare 2. Lol

nikon
11-12-09, 09:34 PM
^^ hell ya...I just can't believe how quickly people have already leveled up...im still on 19....havent figured out which gun I like best yet....the best guns in the original one were the first guns given to you...dunno if they changed it or not.

iowasevillests
11-12-09, 11:11 PM
Satellite internet isn't fast enough? How? I run on a crappy University connection and I play fine, lol.

I live out in the country and my choices are dialup or satellite :( The speed itself isn't too bad but the lag is insane...average lag times in that 800 thru 1000 ms, compared to your standard broadband of lag with less than 100 ms. Its possible to play live but the lag is so bad that you're essentially dead meat on any first person shooter.

itschrome
11-12-09, 11:14 PM
I guess I'm against all of you guys because I console wise I prefer the ps3. But we do share the fact we love moder warfare 2. Lol

dont feel alone man. I am with you 100%. PC kicks console any day. I have long since been a PC gamer and plan to be in the future. I am currently not active thanks to careless placement of a beer, which resulted in the total death of my rig. :( long story. I have a 360 and hate it so f'in much!! I almost never play it. I plan on grabbing a ps3 soon. which is the clear choice between the two. i only have the xbox cause it was cheap. Now that the ps3 is only 299 it only a matter of time before i get one. Not sure when i'll have the $$$ for another gaming rig. But i also hate to say it, but I feel PC gaming is on its last leg. there just isn't the game development that there use to be and i cant justify the loot just to play a handful of game versus the available game catalogs of consoles. it make me sad to say this, but its true. I felt the end of PC gaming a few years back.

edit: ok except for starcraft two which looks sick, i will need to build for that.

Stingroo
11-13-09, 01:05 AM
Actually, no I have 21 games and counting.

I have a 30 inch Panasonic 1080i HDTV, and honestly, I can hardly see much of a difference between HD and regular gaming anyway, and since I live in a dorm, HD cable isn't offered to me. Again, I don't know about you, but I'm not making this into a pissing contest, I'm simply stating my opinion that a PC is an overpriced way to enjoy LESS gaming content than what a console gives you.

If you honestly and truly care about 403252342p resolution, congratulations to you, you can one up everyone you know and blow money in the process. As for me? I'm not rich enough for that, and I would rather spend my money on better things. For what you put into your PC, I could have a car. I have my TV, my 360, and a laptop that is plenty fast for what I use it for. Beyond that, I could care less about technology, and having the biggest or best this-that-or-the-other. Consumerism for the loss.

[/topic]

On topic though: Anyone with a 360 and MW2, we should try and get a massive game going. I'm officially in love with dual-wielding weapons. lol

V-Eight
11-13-09, 01:11 AM
Dual Glock = :cloud9:

Stingroo
11-13-09, 01:16 AM
I don't have those yet. I just got the P2200 (i think it is, not looking at it atm).

It's awesome. Too bad you can't aim with two weapons though. There should be some kind of option, it'd be insane. Just run down hallways left-to-right spraying everything... -drool-

V-Eight
11-13-09, 01:31 AM
I don't have it either, I just used it in SP for the achievement

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-13-09, 01:44 AM
My xbox is hooked up to a 58" HD TV. I can sit about 8 feet back in the recliner with my wireless controller in hand and relax while entertaining myself. Plus I can stream in thousands of NetFlix movies in HD.

Stingroo
11-13-09, 07:07 AM
The NetFlix thing with the 360 is a huge bonus here. Our dorm is like the official movie night spot on our floor. lol

ewill3rd
11-13-09, 08:11 AM
I built a computer that screams on every game I have for less than $900 and a new 23" monitor for like $200 (widescreen HDMI).
I have COD4 and have been playing Hawx with everything maxed out and I have never been happier.

I hate having to upgrade but then again I don't build rigs for the sole purpose of gaming.
I use my PC to manage all my bank accounts, bills and investments and it is my primary means of communication with my friends, family, and you guys.
I watch movies on it with netflix, and manage 12 years worth of digital photographs. Not to mention all the other stuff I do on a daily basis.
I have to have a PC, better to spend a few extra bucks and gear it up for gaming than to pay for a console that locks you in to one piece of hardware.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a console system, but I don't have the EXTRA money to toss at it.
To each his own, I actually have 7 computers at the house and one more here at work and I need to build one more with this motherboard I got but I am saving up.
I think I can build a nice one for about $600 since it is a 775 and the prices are dropping.
I would love to check out this game, but I don't have much time right now.

CIWS
11-13-09, 08:19 AM
I bought the PS3 version because the PC version is having issues with the 64 bit versions of windows, which I run, and I'm tired of buying PC games that load up and have more issues to deal with. I don't like paying 50-70.00 to have more headaches, I can get those for free. Yes you can game at higher resolutions via the PC if you want to pay for it, but that's no longer where I throw my money away, now it's more with cars.

Any real gamer now is running AMD/ATI based cards on an Eyefinity setup. Single monitors, no matter how big are so passe. ;)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/OntarioTL/P1010244.jpg

nikon
11-13-09, 09:55 AM
^^ Ya, that is pretty badass.....I have one monitor...I tried two for a while, kept forgetting I had stuff on the other screen....you setup looks like it belongs in an arcade!

CIWS
11-13-09, 11:12 AM
^^ Ya, that is pretty badass.....I have one monitor...I tried two for a while, kept forgetting I had stuff on the other screen....you setup looks like it belongs in an arcade!

Not my setup, I honestly don't game enough to warrant Eyefinity, yet. As the hardware becomes more common and prices come down this next year, it might be worth it at that point for me. Here it is in action (in Asia).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLz4kpNkUzY

EDIT - For those PC version users experiencing problems here's some possible workarounds / fixes.

http://www.unigamesity.com/how-to-fix-modern-warfare-2-problemsfreezings/

LAC_STS
11-13-09, 12:03 PM
Stingroo-

calm down man I was just saying that you obviously didn't pay $500 for all that. And you pretty much said you got more than $1000 by your response. Which was my point. Over $1000 for xbox!

And I'm not gonna jump on the AMD/Nvidia argument right now.

CIWS
11-13-09, 12:46 PM
And I'm not gonna jump on the AMD/Nvidia argument right now.

What argument ? Nvidia currently doesn't offer anything like Eyefinity. If it's a hit for AMD you know they'll come up with their own solution next year. If Eyefinity is what the gamer is after they only have one choice AMD.

LAC_STS
11-13-09, 01:48 PM
Agrument? I agree there isnt reaqlly an argument. Eyefinity or not look at the top scores in the world for all the mark software (vantage, 06, etc.) or any non biased GPU rendering bechmark software. Nvidia comes out with the fastest and best of something and then AMD comes through with the criticism and the we can do it cheaper. If AMD's products were even slightly better than Nvidias they wouldt have to sell them for so much cheaper to keep selling them. If you could remember before the 4870/4850 there was no competition. AMD just came up with a way to make "compareable" chips and sell them cheaper to sell anything and keep theyre head a float.

I have heard of a few on the Eyefinity bandwagon but by far not Every gamer not even half. I can push four 1080 displays no prob. Or I could push two 1600P displays. No Eyefinity needed. Personally I would prefer the two 1600P displays. I was going to get another 30" and run them both but with windows 7 out now and many mulit touch monitors coming out I am waiting for the right mulit touch one. I use my PC for more than gaming.

CIWS
11-13-09, 02:22 PM
Agrument? I agree there isnt reaqlly an argument. Eyefinity or not look at the top scores in the world for all the mark software (vantage, 06, etc.) or any non biased GPU rendering bechmark software. Nvidia comes out with the fastest and best of something and then AMD comes through with the criticism and the we can do it cheaper. If AMD's products were even slightly better than Nvidias they wouldt have to sell them for so much cheaper to keep selling them. If you could remember before the 4870/4850 there was no competition. AMD just came up with a way to make "comparable" chips and sell them cheaper to sell anything and keep theyre head a float.

The video card business has been a back and forth game between Nvidia and ATI (AMD) for almost a decade now. One of them is on top for a year or so, then the other comes to market with product and takes it back again. This is nothing different. As far as pricing, that's competition in a capitalistic market, both companies have played it, and both have been on the high side or the low side. Futuremark software (3dMark, Vantage) has been proven to not be an accurate benchmark or reflection of real world gaming performance. A particular card can have a great 3DMark score, then be bested by the competition's card in an actual game. Plus both companies have been caught "cheating" in drivers in order to optimize scores in 3dMark or actual games that are being widely used as testing benchmarks like Quake 3 was for years. So I guess I don't understand why you would choose an argument that's already been shown to be untrustworthy. It's just a number, as I've said elsewhere it's like running your car on a dyno. That number is good as a baseline to see if your performance it roughly where it should be and then can be used by the owner later on in case they make any changes to see how those changes have had an effect on it.

I have heard of a few on the Eyefinity bandwagon but by far not Every gamer not even half.

That's because it's new, much less not exactly a "cheap" option to go with for your average gamer, just give it some time. Kinda like those Intel i7 CPUs, a great CPU but you cannot judge their performance in gaming based on the fact half the gamers out there are not running them yet.

Stingroo
11-13-09, 04:25 PM
Two words, my friend:

Used games.

;)

And, I just priced out everything I have, and what I paid for it, and with the TV, it comes to $785 before tax.

But the TV wasn't taxed, as I got it off craigslist, and the 360 wasn't either, since I bought it from my cousin, so we can remove $225 from the equation for that, bringing my total to $560 before taxes, and since I live in Florida, that's 6.5%, meaning my grand total comes to....

$596.40

I'd say I made out rather nicely for all the entertainment I get. :P

LAC_STS
11-13-09, 11:15 PM
Oh OK si your original post saying all for $500 should have said " and I got everything second hand for under $800".

Thats cool you got such a deal on everything.

LAC_STS
11-13-09, 11:21 PM
I wouldnt judge a processors real world benchmarks in games on how many gamers are using one. I would judge it the numbers and ratings almost every PC magazine and online review sites have givin the procc in testing and the gamers and my own personal testing.

V-Eight
11-14-09, 12:56 AM
Sooo, my fu*king mic broke today and the tip got stuck inside the controller. Bulllshit!

Stingroo
11-14-09, 09:18 AM
Try using like, a magnet or something?

That suuuuucks. :(

CIWS
11-14-09, 09:57 AM
I wouldnt judge a processors real world benchmarks in games on how many gamers are using one. I would judge it the numbers and ratings almost every PC magazine and online review sites have givin the procc in testing and the gamers and my own personal testing.

Then why bring up the argument on "how many people are using them" if you don't pay attention to it ?

The point was both tech are new so right now the majority of gamers are not using them. It had nothing to do with magazine reviews or benchmarks.

V-Eight
11-14-09, 10:40 AM
Try using like, a magnet or something?

That suuuuucks. :(

I don't think a magnet will work because its the very tip, so its a good inch in there.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-14-09, 10:48 AM
Not being a huge gamer, I didn't recognize the awesomeness of MW2 until I played it last night at a friend's place. It's a very sweet game, love the airstrike option when doing the two player missions.

LAC_STS
11-14-09, 11:55 AM
I never said anything to how good the eyefinity was. I said about not that many people using them becase the one person said "all" the serious gamers are using it, when the truth is most cant afford it. I know some people who went AMD with theyre I7 build and I only heard of one person who did the eyefinity. There are a lot of people on the Rampage II, P6, and Evga I7 forums too.

We werent talking about the quality of it we were talking about AMD/Nvidia, and console gaming/PC gaming.

And about the magazines reviews and benhmarks I said was how I would weight how well something performed. Instead of how many people use it.

Between different forums, and people I know, by Christmas time last year I knew a lot of people who were buying I7, but thats not why I got it. I read the many cant believe how fast and how much we overclocked this reviews that came out before the release. Then after the release I read on the forums. Thats how I knew to go I7 so early in a product launch.

CIWS
11-15-09, 08:37 AM
Are you overclocking your i7, and if so what are you seeing from it ?

BTW, I went to an Eyefinity event that was held here yesterday. One of the setups they were showing was their "cheap" solution. A 150.00 video card with three monitors in landscape on a 500.00 Quadcore PC running a racing game. So in total that's less than 1000.00 for the entire setup with three displays. Not too bad.

Of course they also had the major badazz setup that was Eyefinity running on three projectors and displayed on a 30ft piece of cloth. (the screen material cost 70.00) and they played some MW2 on it. Talk about major gaming, it looked cool as hell. Of course three projectors will cost about 2000.00 alone, but you could have a gaming rig that could be played on the wall of your house for about 3200.00 ? Plus think of the movie watching :D
I'll look at the pics and video I shot and see I got anything worth posting.

LAC_STS
11-15-09, 11:19 AM
I have a 965 and I can get it through prime 95 for 24 hours right past 4.1 with a ultra-120 air cooler. I know I could get more out of it but I just haven't wanted to spend the time testing it out. Many many people on the various X58 forums are running past 4.0 on air 24/7. It's a whole different ball game compared to overclocking with the FSB.

I have most of the parts for a two loop liquid cooling setup. I mainly wanted to go water because of the 295's. The bottom one gets so hot because there is absolutly no space between the two.

People have got the cheapest 920 up to 4.0 stable but I have saw a couple guys on the rampage II forum who got they're 965 up past 4.5. There was a guy who posted a 5.5 but it was on N2O.

Basically the I7s are different but very fun to over clock. You can get great results with the 920 but with the 965 you will have lower temps and not have to stress the rest of the system as much.

Even though the 920 can be pushed to 4.0. There are enough venifits to the 965 that I don't regret spending the extra money on it.

Check out the rampage II forum. There are a lot of very smart and nice people on there.

CadillacGurl
11-15-09, 11:27 AM
For being a girl, I have played Modern Warfare 2 about 17 times now haha. I've played the some of the courses in special ops in multiplayer mode. The only sad thing is that you have to kill german shepherds by shooting them or breaking their necks :( I haven't played in single mode but both my bf and his best friend have beat the game in veteran mode. Also it's pretty amusing to watch my bf and his best friend play since they coordinate everything. They'll start cussing each other out if they fail. :lol:

CIWS
11-15-09, 01:11 PM
Here's some video that was shot there yesterday. On the big screen they're playing MW2.

YouTube- The Eyefinity Challange - Dallas, Texas

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-15-09, 01:23 PM
For being a girl, I have played Modern Warfare 2 about 17 times now haha. I've played the some of the courses in special ops in multiplayer mode. The only sad thing is that you have to kill german shepherds by shooting them or breaking their necks :( I haven't played in single mode but both my bf and his best friend have beat the game in veteran mode. Also it's pretty amusing to watch my bf and his best friend play since they coordinate everything. They'll start cussing each other out if they fail. :lol:

Damnit, maybe I should buy MW2 today instead of Red Faction Guerilla. Everyone has said so many good things about MW2, the only negative is that it doesn't take very long to beat the missions, but the multiplayer mode can go forever.

V-Eight
11-15-09, 01:33 PM
^ Its all about the MP anyway.

Stingroo
11-15-09, 02:29 PM
Buy. It.

What system do you have?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-15-09, 02:50 PM
Xbox 360

V-Eight
11-15-09, 03:20 PM
Awesome, then you can join the group

Stingroo
11-15-09, 03:22 PM
Sweeeeeet. Me, you, V-Eight, today-tomorrow. For sure.

V-Eight
11-15-09, 03:40 PM
Got an exam tomorrow so if I am on tonight, it'll be brief.

eldorado99
11-15-09, 04:09 PM
I'd join you guys but I'm on the PS3 damnit.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-15-09, 07:46 PM
Bought it, will play it after dinner tonight.

Stingroo
11-16-09, 08:46 AM
Saweeeeeeeeet. Our gamertags are plastered all over the forum somewhere. Find usssssss!