: Auto High Beam Question

PGA2B
11-12-09, 07:53 AM
Anyone know if the auto high beam delivers a true 12V to the circuit? The reason I ask is that it is not kicking my HID's I installed. But if I triger them manually with the switch they work fine. I will try to put relays in this weekend but just wanted to ask.

Mazz
11-19-09, 05:11 PM
not really sure about the true 12V but ummm before adding anything or fixing something that aint broken in the first place , r u sure that the small button on the rear view mirror on the front windshield is lit ? if not then it has been cancelled and u need to press the button on the rear view mirror again and make sure the green light is on. small details like this could be missed so im just making sure

u could cancel it by either pressing that small button or if the high beams were automatically on pull on the switch (again like switching it on manually) and it would go off after a small 1-2 sec delay.

after a few test drives in dark spots around the neighborhood and on the highway i found out this...

1. green light off - it wont work asides from u pulling on the switch manually ( just like u did to get it on )

2. green light on - high beam on with no light source in front of the car with driving above 30mph will turn it on automatically, driving slower than 30mph will turn it off.

3. while driving on a dark highway it will be on automatically but as soon as it senses a light source headed your way it will switch it off which is an amazing feature as how it wont bother oncoming traffic with your high beams at night

its all automatic and thats what i love about it

i just wish the normal beams would turn like the new 09+ cts-v's

anyways im on a hold till the new coupe shows up, i guess id settle with it for a longer while than my 08 sts-v

PGA2B
11-19-09, 06:37 PM
No offense but I would not have asked that question if I didn't have the auto high beam feature enabled. The high beam indicator is lit on the dash and the little green light on my mirror is lit too, but no high beams unless I trigger them manually.

Mazz
11-20-09, 11:06 AM
non taken ^_^ , just had to make sure

yea i guess it needs a little jump in the volts but make sure the guy looking at it knows his job very well , a friend of mine changed his 07 cts lights and had similar issues with his high beams but not with the auto thing and after spending shi loads of cash problem turned out to be a weak fuse

good luck with finding out the problem

PGA2B
11-21-09, 03:20 PM
non taken ^_^ , just had to make sure

yea i guess it needs a little jump in the volts but make sure the guy looking at it knows his job very well , a friend of mine changed his 07 cts lights and had similar issues with his high beams but not with the auto thing and after spending shi loads of cash problem turned out to be a weak fuse

good luck with finding out the problem
I'm doing them. I am a retired car audio/alarm installer. Just not familiar with the electrical on the headlights. I have had to put relays on HIDs before and I guess I will have to do it again.