Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Launch

733 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Vrocks 
#1 ·
Have any of you that took your cars to the strip tried to launch with
TC in normal rather than 2 clicks into sport? It seems that excessive wheel spin is a problem and TC is designed to fix that. I would think that normally TC is in the background not doing anything waiting for out of range input to activate.

Assuming for the moment that it only kicks in when you are spinning might that not help the launch times?

Just wondering.

#2 ·
With a few exceptions (e.g. cars with dedicated "Launch Control" setups like on the GT-R), typical factory Traction Control settings are too intrusive to allow maximum acceleration. At least that's been the case for any car I've ever owned with traction control (including experience with my old STS-V)

#3 ·
If I leave it on, it's usually fine because it allows the tires to chirp through 1st and 2nd - so even if it was pulling power it doesn't matter.

It can hurt you if you're racing and you get too much wheel spin. In that case, it pulls power for a long time, longer than backing out of the throttle and getting back into it on your own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.