: Help with 97 Catera and Aftermarket Stereo

97cateradriver
11-08-09, 07:11 PM
I just purchased a 1997 Catera with the Bose system and I love this car but the only issue is that it only has a AM/FM Cassette player. I have a new Kenwood KDC MP738U stereo that I had purchased right before I totaled my last car. I want to put this stereo in the Catera now so I can listen to CDs and my iPod.

My questions are what am I going to need for the install? Just the dash kit and the GMOS-06? Also the back of the Kenwood only has 2 RCA jacks, will that be an issue because the GMOS-06 seems to have 4 RCA plugs?

Any help ASAP would be great! I'd love to ordered the equipment I need and get to work right away! Thank you!

R-Caddy
11-09-09, 01:23 PM
First, welcome to the board.
I would be easy messing with BOSE, unless you intend to change the speakers as well. You know those BOSE sepakers are 2 Ohm. I would try to get the factory CD changer. Are you sure it's not back there in the trunk ? You would think that if it has BOSE the changer would have come with it... Otherwise, I love my BOSE and wouldn't change it for any Kenwood, Sony etc...
Good luck and keep us posted. I am sure somebody else here is trying to do the same thing.
Aras

Matera97
11-09-09, 10:07 PM
Geeze all you guys that have the Bose are hard up. I'm actually quite thankful for the Delco, I can add two speakers to the rear trunk lid, as well as a sub. The plans are in the works, and will update when installed.

R-Caddy
11-11-09, 01:00 AM
You see, Bose already has the 2 speakers in the rear panel PLUS an amp...

Matera97
11-11-09, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but running at 2ohm. Sub-whoofer install for a Bose is a lot more tedious than the non, just an after market head unit and running the wires for me.