: Have a look at this olds.

creeker
11-08-09, 12:12 AM
If you have some time to kill, go to vancouver canada on craigs list on
car listings and type in oldsmobile in search,theres a 78 olds. 98 coupe,
beautiful looking car, but I was surprised at how much it looks like a 79
cdv., is it possible some of the body parts would be the same or interchangeable?. ( the listing is about 4 or 5 from top).

orconn
11-08-09, 12:20 AM
There was a family resmeblance between the senior coupes of Olds and Buick and the Cadillac Deville of those years as they shared the same chassis. But I doubt that body parts of the three could be interchanged. If I had some long range "Out West" driving to do, I would still chose one of these vintage senior GM cars to do it in!

creeker
11-08-09, 12:25 AM
There was a family resmeblance between the senior coupes of Olds and Buick and the Cadillac Deville of those years as they shared the same chassis. But I doubt that body parts of the three could be interchanged. If I had some long range "Out West" driving to do, I would still chose one of these vintage senior GM cars to do it in!

I know what you mean, I sold my 80 cdv. about a year ago (some what regret it) it had the best ride of any caddy I've owned,.

Jonas McFeely
11-08-09, 04:58 AM
Because, you know, posting the damn URL was too hard...

Not to be dick, but seriously, what the shit? Why wouldn't you just copy and paste the URL and make it 100x easier for everyone...

Or am i an idiot?:cookoo: :rolleyes: :confused: :hmm::alchi:

eldorado99
11-08-09, 06:22 AM

Not to be dick, but seriously, what the shit? Why wouldn't you just copy and paste the URL and make it 100x easier for everyone...

You can do it too you know: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/1454460665.html

eyekandyboats.inc
11-08-09, 07:39 AM
:yup::yup:
people amaze me

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-08-09, 07:39 AM
It shares a lot of cues, but I don't think any panel is the same. Sharp looking car though. Did Buick make an Electra 225 coupe back then, or did they wait for the '80 facelift?

creeker
11-08-09, 01:04 PM

What are you getting so excited about,if you dont have the time dont look it up.

orconn
11-08-09, 04:17 PM
To answer Chad's question. Buick had both 2 door and 4 door versions of the C body from 1977 onward. These were badged Electra, Electra 225 and Park Avenue depending on trim level. Personnally I thought the Buick rendition of this chassis fell short styling-wise to both the Cadillac and Oldsmobile versions, i.e. Buick's version wasn't as clean and to the point as were the other two makes. My next door neighbor was a committed Oldsmobile 98 fancier and bought a white with dark blue vinyl roof 98 Regency coupe right after they came out in 1977. It was a nice clean design and carried his very tall family for three years till he traded it for a top of the line Mercury coupe, same color scheme (which he chose for three cars in a row).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-08-09, 04:57 PM
I always liked both the 77-84 Ninety Eight and Electra, but the Electras always did it for me more because they always had the 4 portholes in each fender, and were available with Buick's rally wheels, and then they had the full width tail lamps and the Park Avenues had what appeared to be the deepest, plushest seats this side of a bean bag.

77CDV
11-09-09, 11:33 PM
They're all the same under the skin, and would probably share inner body panels. The basic body shell is the same (backlight is a dead giveaway). The Buick and Olds are more similar to each other then either is to the Caddy. Very nice, comfortable, reliable, powerful, and classy cars. Of course, I'm a bit biased....:D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-10-09, 07:51 AM
Ironically enough, I saw two early '80s Electras yesterday. One was a pale yellow with a blue cloth interior, and the other was a light red.

Aron9000
11-11-09, 05:27 PM
I've always liked the two door Impala/Caprice from that era the best. The novelty rear glass was pretty cool.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cFHtqnSADps/SHeG97MGYMI/AAAAAAAAAeo/soPvB18Unr0/IMG_5629.JPG

97EldoCoupe
11-11-09, 05:48 PM
That is one gorgeous Olds and it has one of my favourite engines. If I had $2500 to spare and a few less Caddys....