: Hello From New Member

Grump
11-05-09, 04:35 PM
Just traded my 84 Porsche 944 for a 99 Catera. I thought I was getting rid of those over engineered knuckle busters. Surprise! The first page of the owners manual said designed and manufactured in Germany. This morning I opened the hood and could not find the plugs. Great, another manual I'll need to buy and probably special tools also. But, I'm retired so what else do I have to do. I've owned over the years most of the Porsche line plus Jags, Vettes, Camaros, Chevelles, even an 84 Cad way back. I'm looking forward to the knowledge there is to be had on the various fourms. Just where in the hell are those plugs?

RightTurn
11-05-09, 04:41 PM
Howdy and :welcome: Post your question on the Catera board; click here... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/

Grump
11-05-09, 04:45 PM
I really didn't expect an answer to my question. Sort of tongue and cheek. I'll pick up a Haynes tomorrow. Thanks...

RightTurn
11-05-09, 04:49 PM
OK then. :D Around here you never know.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-05-09, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the forums and good luck with the Catera. I stick to simpler things. :)

orconn
11-05-09, 05:19 PM
My wife had a leased 2000 Catera, not a bad car. But they seem to be very hard on their second and particularly there third owners. Welcome to the Forum, read up on your new car in the Catera section ask for advice on technical manuals ........ Haynes gets a lot of bad press around here!

Submariner409
11-05-09, 05:36 PM
Hi, Grump, and Welcome Aboard.

Do yourself a BIG favor, forget the useless Haynes, and go online to eBay or www.helminc.com and get a real GM Factory Service Manual. Or subscribe your car to www.alldatadiy.com.

If the engine is a Northstar, the plugs are down in wells (semi-hemi combustion chamber) in the centerline of the head.

Grump
11-05-09, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the advice. Local Auto Zone or Advance Auto do not have a manual nor can they get one.

creeker
11-05-09, 07:47 PM
Just traded my 84 Porsche 944 for a 99 Catera. I thought I was getting rid of those over engineered knuckle busters. Surprise! The first page of the owners manual said designed and manufactured in Germany. This morning I opened the hood and could not find the plugs. Great, another manual I'll need to buy and probably special tools also. But, I'm retired so what else do I have to do. I've owned over the years most of the Porsche line plus Jags, Vettes, Camaros, Chevelles, even an 84 Cad way back. I'm looking forward to the knowledge there is to be had on the various fourms. Just where in the hell are those plugs?

I faintly remember seeing something about catera being made by opel?.

the recluse
11-05-09, 07:57 PM
Just traded my 84 Porsche 944 for a 99 Catera.

Oh, I'm sorry....:tard:

Vesicant
11-05-09, 08:01 PM
I faintly remember seeing something about catera being made by opel?.

Yes, Opel/Vauxhall Omega is its counterpart. The V platform was engineered as the previous GTO as well. Dont forget most of the Holden lineup from the late 90s.

billc83
11-05-09, 09:03 PM
Greetings and salutations.

Ranger
11-05-09, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the advice. Local Auto Zone or Advance Auto do not have a manual nor can they get one.

:welcome:
You cannot buy the FSM locally. You can get a new one here http://www.helminc.com, but they are expensive, though worth every penny. That's why Sub suggested Ebay.