: STS Demo Program has been deleted

rayainsw
08-03-04, 04:22 PM
"Updates for STS
Week of 8/2/2004
Effective 8/2/2004, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Interior section-(R6W) STS Demo Program has been deleted from the Online Order Guide. "

So - Who can tell me exactly what this means?

Thanks,
- Ray
Even more confused than usual . . .

miscreant
08-03-04, 05:04 PM
"Updates for STS
Week of 8/2/2004
Effective 8/2/2004, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Interior section-(R6W) STS Demo Program has been deleted from the Online Order Guide. "

So - Who can tell me exactly what this means?

Thanks,
- Ray
Even more confused than usual . . .
That just means that the order code R6W that indicated an STS demo order is no longer available since the Demo ordering closed about 4 weeks ago. It really doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean there won't be any demos, just no more ordered...

rayainsw
08-05-04, 02:21 PM
"the Demo ordering closed about 4 weeks ago."

OK - thanks - umm...
Does that mean any STS besides those already ordered will be for stock - and no allowance is made for keeping one (or more) for test drives and to accumulate some significant mileage on?

My experience has been that people paying $50+K for a new car do not want a lot of previous test drive miles on it . . .

Cheers,
- Ray
Hoping to drive a 'demo', with vigor, sometime this Fall . . .

miscreant
08-05-04, 07:51 PM
"the Demo ordering closed about 4 weeks ago."

OK - thanks - umm...
Does that mean any STS besides those already ordered will be for stock - and no allowance is made for keeping one (or more) for test drives and to accumulate some significant mileage on?

My experience has been that people paying $50+K for a new car do not want a lot of previous test drive miles on it . . .

Cheers,
- Ray
Hoping to drive a 'demo', with vigor, sometime this Fall . . .

Any STSs that are in the system that aren't the original demo allocation, will be stock or retail sold. We have about 28 STSs in the system, and our Demos are inbound (built this week)...