: Caddy Music

MMNineInchNails
07-10-03, 11:49 PM
What's one or some of your favorite songs to play in your caddy?

A few of mine are:

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
Marilyn Manson - Diary of a Dope Fiend
Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Nine Inch Nails - The Great Collapse (great song to cruise to)
Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up
Prodigy - Firestarter

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-11-03, 01:09 AM
I agree about prodigy basically anthing by them is great, i like perfect drug by NIN but for the most part i dont like that kind of music
my fav. bands right now are
Yellowcard
Sugarcult
Sage Francis
Blink 182
Something Corporate
Dispatch

Thats about it! Anyone like any of these?

MMNineInchNails
07-11-03, 01:11 AM
The Perfect Drug is a great song.

elwesso
07-11-03, 01:32 AM
Big pimpin!!

Oh yeah, thats right, I dont have a caddy :(

MMNineInchNails
07-11-03, 03:42 AM
tear :'( you can still list your favorite songs/bands.

shaggygrosser
07-11-03, 10:46 AM
I've got a few mix CDs in my CTS's stereo, but they're pretty much comprised of these bands:

Audioslave (my new fav band since seeing them at Lollapalooza 2 days ago)
Andrew W.K.
Tenacious D
Orbital
Aphex Twin
The White Stripes
Tool
Radiohead
Ludacris
50Cent
The Distillers

The list goes on & on, but this is a start.

btw, I love NIN & MM, great music to rawk out to. :madtalkin

shaggygrosser
07-11-03, 10:52 AM
I agree about prodigy basically anthing by them is great, i like perfect drug by NIN but for the most part i dont like that kind of music
my fav. bands right now are
Yellowcard
Sugarcult
Sage Francis
Blink 182
Something Corporate
Dispatch

Thats about it! Anyone like any of these?

I've got Something Corporate & Blink 182 on my winamp playlist at work, but I haven't heard the rest of those bands... yet! I'll check them out once I get home.

Elvis
07-11-03, 10:53 AM
If I had a big Caddy, I'd be listening to Sinatra backed up by Count Basie.

MMNineInchNails
07-11-03, 01:32 PM
LOL. Nah, it's better to see peoples reactions. When we would cruise around in my friend's '62 lincoln, we'd blast manson and the car was all black and lights were very dim. It looked so evil at night. but anyways, we'd get all these weird looks like people were afraid. lol. Oh, I forgot to mension his car was running straight exhaust then. LOL. It was soooo ****ing loud.

shaggygrosser
07-11-03, 05:29 PM
LOL. Nah, it's better to see peoples reactions. When we would cruise around in my friend's '62 lincoln, we'd blast manson and the car was all black and lights were very dim. It looked so evil at night. but anyways, we'd get all these weird looks like people were afraid. lol. Oh, I forgot to mension his car was running straight exhaust then. LOL. It was soooo ****ing loud.

Look anything like this? :

HotRodSaint
07-11-03, 06:23 PM
Johnny Cash and Bill Monroe.

But then, I'm cruisin' in East Tennessee right now.

It'd be Johnny Cash and Social Distortion if I were in LA.

AKPsiMC03
07-11-03, 07:28 PM
Anything meatloaf or billy joel.

or something classic on FM.

Infamous Lac
07-11-03, 09:22 PM
Anything where on the hook they mention something about Cadillacs.

SLS97
07-11-03, 09:32 PM
I like Annie Lennox, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton and Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks.

elwesso
07-11-03, 10:42 PM
I will play anything thats loud, except country!!! I have a thing against country!!!

My primary list includes:

Linkin park
Coldplay
Audioslave
50cent
Jay-Z

Thats just my top 5, i have 250 songs on 14 cds......

Stoneage_Caddy
07-12-03, 01:03 AM
got a few MP3 cds i made for the deville

one with most of the "halo" NIN albums "piggy" seems most approprate, but closer is my favorite

nother with some old country "uneasy rider" by charlie dainles seem approprate on this one

then a brittish rock cd , "queens fat bottom girl " sounds real good

then i got my pissed off mix , gwar,deicide,cannibal corpse , pantera ,naplam death, suicidel tendacys, "nessesary evil" by naplam death and "institutionalized" by ST is best here

MMNineInchNails
07-12-03, 02:07 AM
Look anything like this? :

No, that's a 1969 lincoln he's driving, and we didn't act like we were gangstas. lol

MMNineInchNails
07-12-03, 02:09 AM

one with most of the "halo" NIN albums "piggy" seems most approprate, but closer is my favorite

nother with some old country "uneasy rider" by charlie dainles seem approprate on this one

then i got my pissed off mix , gwar,deicide,cannibal corpse , pantera ,naplam death, suicidel tendacys, "nessesary evil" by naplam death and "institutionalized" by ST is best here

Nine Inch Nails called named every cd a certain halo number to keep it orginized in your collection. 1, being the first, 17.2 being the last.

Elvis
07-12-03, 03:55 PM
HAHAHA! Wes don't like country!

I love it! Not the new stuff, which is synthesized bubble gum crossover Shania crap. Gimme some JONES! Gimme some BOCEPHUS! Gimme some WILLIE! Gimme some HAGGARD! LOL!

I'm in a Dwight Yoakam phase this week.

Night Wolf
07-12-03, 10:36 PM

Hey, I was wondering, where did you get your avator from?

Just wondering becuase it looks alot like the picture I took of my engine......not that I mind, it is ok if you want to use it, I was just wondering.

Hmmm, only place I have that posted is at my cardomain site, and it is also my avator at the GAOC (Grand Am Owners Club)

About the music...... my car is not on the road yet, and when i am driving my moms car ('89 Brougham) it is either classic rock on the FM or the radio is off.

JerseyGirl
07-12-03, 10:40 PM
Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody and anything else that they sing! :worship: :worship:
George Thorogood
Madonna
Billy Joel
Bon Jovi
Almost anything from the 80's.
I like the Beatles! Any song they sing ROCKS!
The Bee Gee's are awesome too! Night Fever has the best beat to cruise too! :banana:

banstyle
07-12-03, 10:50 PM
Oh man. It's all about the tunes!

So in regular rotation on my Caddie, I got:
Loads upon Loads of Drum and Bass (techno)
Almost as much House (more techno)
Alice in Chains
Necromantix
Tiger Army
Reverand Horton Heat (JIMBO!!!!!!!! YEAH!)
Sponge
Stabbing Westward
KMFDM / MDFMK
Front 242 (YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! PUNISH YOUR MACHINE!)
Front Line Assembly
Nine Inch Nails (nothing beats PHM, Broken, Fixed)
Led Zepplin
Rachmoninoff (for when I feel like really rocking out..)
George Clinton + PFunk
Lothlorien (nothing like black metal in a black Caddy)
At Dawn they Sleep
In Flames

Thats all I can think of for now. (-:

Elvis, you should check out Horton or Tiger Army. I love rockabilly and psychobilly- It might be too hard for your tastes, but you gotta find out somehow! :wink:

MM, check out Nekromantix - it's death-a-billy... very hard stuff, but so much fun.

elwesso
07-12-03, 11:58 PM
If someone pointed a gun to my head and said listen to country, Id say pull the trigger!!! :histeric:

banstyle
07-13-03, 12:50 AM
If someone pointed a gun to my head and said listen to country, Id say pull the trigger!!! :histeric:

I couldn't agree more! Just don't confuse rockabilly with country- rockabilly kicks ass!!! Country sucks! :) :nyanya:

Elvis
07-13-03, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the tip, banstyle.

I gotta be the only white boy in the world who likes both George Jones AND George Clinton. :thumbsup:

MMNineInchNails
07-13-03, 01:25 AM
Oh man. It's all about the tunes!

So in regular rotation on my Caddie, I got:
Loads upon Loads of Drum and Bass (techno)
Almost as much House (more techno)
Alice in Chains
Necromantix
Tiger Army
Reverand Horton Heat (JIMBO!!!!!!!! YEAH!)
Sponge
Stabbing Westward
KMFDM / MDFMK
Front 242 (YEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! PUNISH YOUR MACHINE!)
Front Line Assembly
Nine Inch Nails (nothing beats PHM, Broken, Fixed)
Led Zepplin
Rachmoninoff (for when I feel like really rocking out..)
George Clinton + PFunk
Lothlorien (nothing like black metal in a black Caddy)
At Dawn they Sleep
In Flames

Thats all I can think of for now. (-:

Elvis, you should check out Horton or Tiger Army. I love rockabilly and psychobilly- It might be too hard for your tastes, but you gotta find out somehow! :wink:

MM, check out Nekromantix - it's death-a-billy... very hard stuff, but so much fun.

what are some good songs by Nekromantix. Sometimes I end up downloading the worst of someones songs and end up hating the band. giveme a good song or two

banstyle
07-13-03, 07:10 PM
what are some good songs by Nekromantix. Sometimes I end up downloading the worst of someones songs and end up hating the band. giveme a good song or two

Ok, so check out this:
"Who Killed the Cheerleader" (http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/160/kim_nekroman.html)

Here's (http://www.nekromantix.com) their website too.. little discog so you can see what to pick up. Good stuff, I tell ya.

NOTE: The links above could be offensive to some, but it's offensively good music! :devil:

That's it for now. :D

shaggygrosser
07-14-03, 11:15 AM

yup :cheers:
country gets no play in my car either.

I'd make one exception though... Johnny Cash

AirJigga25
07-14-03, 12:40 PM
This is all mostly old school hip hop for cruisin in the caddy, mostly westside stuff...

Cadiman - Do Doja
Do or Die - Po Pimp
My Coupedeville" - ALT and Slow Pain
"Lowrider" - War
"Firme Hyna" - Proper Dos
"Sunday Afternoon" - Lighter Shade of Brown
"High Sidin" - Hollow Tip
"Player in You" - G Fellas
"Make It Crack Then" - Messy Marv
"West Up" - Maad Circle
"All About my Fetti" - Young Lay, Ray Luv & Mac Mall
"Somethin For the Ridas" - Frost
"Brought Up in a Small Neighborhood" - Lil Rob
"Hot Sunny Day" - Celly Cell
"Coastin" - Cali Life Style
"Chillin On the Westside" - Boo Yaa Tribe
"Smokin Me Out" - Warren G

Elvis
07-14-03, 03:25 PM
If that's "Old School" I don't even want to think of what you'd call the school I went to...

Allante North *
07-14-03, 08:20 PM
I'm mostly old school Classic Rock, but the CD player in the Caddy sucks(Delcrap) so I'm thinking of a multi disc changer. When my wife isn't in the car I like to Bang My Head to :banghead: Mothers Finest "Another Mother Further" (download it, you will love it)and Kid Rock. I like some old heavy metal AC/DC and Jimmy Hendrix. Almost anything by Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin with some Yes and Queen thrown in for fun. Lynerd Skynerd, Allman Brothers, Little Feet, and John Prine are ear candy as well. and for the easy listening I like Steely Dan and the Little River Band.

Most of the new alternative stuff is Ok, I like Puddle of Mud and Stained but I guess its to hard for me to keep up with most of the newer stuff.

I am with you Wes on the Country thing. No one ever told me they think my tractor is sexy.

Most Rap is CRAP when the are to damn lazy to write new music so the steal lyrics and tunes from old stuff. They can take a flying run up my big ole white butt! :annoyed:

JerseyGirl
07-14-03, 10:57 PM
I am with you Wes on the Country thing. No one ever told me they think my tractor is sexy.

Then you are riding the wrong tratcor! hehehe

elwesso
07-15-03, 12:49 AM
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

I dont anyone calling my tractor sexy!!! Its not right!!!

Every so often, i like to throw in some older music... Like queen, and tears for fears...... They have songs you can really crank!!!

shaggygrosser
07-15-03, 11:06 AM
Almost anything by Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin

:thumbsup:

I was raised on Pink Floyd since birth.

Elvis
07-15-03, 03:42 PM
My tractor IS sexy, dammit.

and Lynrd Skynrd doesn't use vowels.