: Cut my finger off....again....

the recluse
11-02-09, 09:13 PM
Cut the tip of my finger off... for the 5th time. Occupational hazard I guess...

Right now I'm 2/3 rds into a 5th of Smirnoff and FEELING FINE... no PAin...weee :thumbsup::p:banana::farting::wacky::woohoo::bounc y:

Kev
11-02-09, 09:17 PM
:tard:

wow ....

Ranger
11-02-09, 09:35 PM
You need to be more careful. What the hell do you do?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-02-09, 09:45 PM
It'll grow back.

gary88
11-02-09, 09:46 PM
Wait wut? :tard:

V-Eight
11-02-09, 10:48 PM
In a table saw?

C0RSA1R
11-02-09, 11:30 PM
Walk it off. Put some Tussin on it.

greencadillacmatt
11-03-09, 12:08 AM
Just A Mere Flesh Wound...

But seriously man, :wtf:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-03-09, 12:22 AM
http://hdforums.com/forum/attachments/softail-models/27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-radius-big-sucker-fuelpak-help-this-thread-is-useless-without-pichers.jpg

Rolex
11-03-09, 06:37 PM
Counting cards in Vegas again? :pwn:

Pics or it didn't happen!

:postpics:

the recluse
11-03-09, 06:56 PM
I'll post some here in a minute...

I'm a cabinetmaker by trade. Last year about this time I had a fluke accident that broke my finger; year or two before that zipped a large portion of my thumb off my right hand, coupla years before that zipped another large portion of my thumb off of my left hand...I've smashed them, drilled them, and cut them, but fortunately I still have all of them...

the recluse
11-03-09, 07:32 PM
Here's some pictures...

First one is the current affair the second is when I broke my ring finger last year...

c5 rv
11-03-09, 08:16 PM
One of my co-workers said she cut her toe this weekend while slicing vegetables in her kitchen ... barefoot ... and dropped the knife. I suggested steel-toed work shoes in the future.

00 Deville
11-03-09, 08:17 PM
I'm a cabinetmaker by trade. Last year about this time I had a fluke accident that broke my finger; year or two before that zipped a large portion of my thumb off my right hand, coupla years before that zipped another large portion of my thumb off of my left hand...I've smashed them, drilled them, and cut them, but fortunately I still have all of them...

You need to change your screen name to "Starfish"... you keep cutting them off and they grow back.

DILLIGAF
11-03-09, 09:00 PM
Yuck,and you need a new line of work!

Destroyer
11-03-09, 10:47 PM
Cut the tip of my finger off... for the 5th time. This has to be funny..............even to you at this point!:D

Kev
11-03-09, 11:36 PM
My great grandmother had a boyfriend who was a butcher. He retired at the tender young age of 90. He was very proud of the fact that he had all fingers whole and intact.

I'm a sheet metal worker with over 31 years in the trade. While I've had my share of stitches, I too have all digits whole and intact.

I'd suggest a change of careers, possibly an office position but then, you'd probably soon be posting about
the hazards of paper cuts ......

Kev
11-03-09, 11:46 PM
Just a thought ... your weren't, by chance, the inspiration for the screen writer of "Saw" ???

CIWS
11-04-09, 07:27 AM
Sounds like you need to get a SawStop to start working with. :yup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnQwVZOrUU

billc83
11-04-09, 09:34 AM
^ Good to know your wiener is safe while working with the SawStop!

Submariner409
11-04-09, 12:09 PM
recluse, many years ago my Dad removed both joints of the first and second fingers of his right hand while working a piece of molding on a jointer planer. It wasn't pretty. You're fortunate.

c5 rv
11-04-09, 12:29 PM
^ Good to know your wiener is safe while working with the SawStop!

Good one!

The Tony Show
11-04-09, 12:42 PM
Could have been worse, I suppose. I won't post the link here because it's disgusting, but do a search for "gixxer forum chain fingers" only if you have a strong stomach.

V-Eight
11-04-09, 05:57 PM
^ Holy shit.

First comment: "Holy shit. You are one dumb ****er!" lol

the recluse
11-04-09, 06:07 PM
recluse, many years ago my Dad removed both joints of the first and second fingers of his right hand while working a piece of molding on a jointer planer. It wasn't pretty. You're fortunate.

I have had moulding pieces blow up out a shaper before, and stick through a sheet of 3/4" plywood. I have had pieces blow up and damn near impale me.

A lot of the time it's when you lose concentration, for instance, a few months ago I had someone walk up to the door of the shop I work (we keep it locked because of the neighborhood) and and try to get my attention by screaming and yelling while I was on the table saw. He almost got a stick up side his head. Some of my other incidents were when someone was stalking my wife and when my sister was murdered.

This time someone had broken into my house a few weeks ago and I'm trying to put a case together because the cops are useless in this town and my wife's a nervous wreck. Hit us for some $15,000 in jewelry and other items. The guy who broke into the house is a known felon who lives around the corner and thumbs his nose in the face of law enforcement; has told others in the neighborhood he's wants to come back for the TV and computers.

My line of work you can't drift off...:thehand:, but sometimes life just loves to play with you....:nono:

ga_etc
11-04-09, 06:20 PM
Could have been worse, I suppose. I won't post the link here because it's disgusting, but do a search for "gixxer forum chain fingers" only if you have a strong stomach.

That is some rough stuff right there. You would think that everyone knows that moving chain + rag + hand = BAD IDEA!

codewize
11-04-09, 11:38 PM
You need some of those steel mesh gloves that the butchers wear.

V-Eight
11-04-09, 11:59 PM
^That'd probably get caught in a table saw....

codewize
11-05-09, 12:08 PM
Right, sounded good at first.
^That'd probably get caught in a table saw....

joee5
11-05-09, 04:12 PM
Rub some dirt on it and it'll be fine.

Jonas McFeely
11-05-09, 04:13 PM
Rub some dirt on it and it'll be fine.

I used to rub dirt on ant and mosquito bites. Always seemed to make it feel better.

Submariner409
11-05-09, 04:32 PM
................you ought to watch the Navy training film on the guy who didn't wear safety goggles and took a 2" long wire wheel fiber through his eyeball - the surgeon saved his eye, and you get to watch the whole thing. Urp !!