: I Love It When . . .

C0RSA1R
11-02-09, 10:05 PM
I love it when . . .

. . . I take a right turn off a 30mph side street onto an open 55mph road.

. . . the green 'Left Turn' arrow lights up, and the accelerator seems to move on its own, and before you know it you've kissed the apex of the turn like it was an Italian supermodel, and then you notice your speedometer for the first time and whoop out loud.

. . . I press the DIC button while driving and it flashes "Monitored Systems OK". I get a kick out of that every time, it'll never get old.

. . . I'm two cars behind, the guy in the lead is slowing inexplicably, so the guy in front of me flips a coin and switches lanes. Then the guy who was in the lead gets into the Left-turn lane and I have nothing but clear pavement ahead.

. . . the light turns yellow and the reptile part of your brain says, "Faster!"

. . . I walk up to my car and see the badges for the first time that morning.

. . . someone I just met sees my car for the first time. All Caddys are sweet for sure, but that Eldo look is just right.

That's all. Feel free to add. I just needed to vent, and it came out all positive this time. :thumbsup:

the recluse
11-02-09, 10:09 PM
I love it when . . .

. . . I press the DIC button while driving and it flashes "Monitored Systems OK". I get a kick out of that every time, it'll never get old. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a rarity in itself...:thepan:

Jonas McFeely
11-02-09, 11:16 PM
I love it when . . .

. . . I take a right turn off a 30mph side street onto an open 55mph road.

. . . the green 'Left Turn' arrow lights up, and the accelerator seems to move on its own, and before you know it you've kissed the apex of the turn like it was an Italian supermodel, and then you notice your speedometer for the first time and whoop out loud.

. . . I press the DIC button while driving and it flashes "Monitored Systems OK". I get a kick out of that every time, it'll never get old.

. . . I'm two cars behind, the guy in the lead is slowing inexplicably, so the guy in front of me flips a coin and switches lanes. Then the guy who was in the lead gets into the Left-turn lane and I have nothing but clear pavement ahead.

. . . the light turns yellow and the reptile part of your brain says, "Faster!"

. . . I walk up to my car and see the badges for the first time that morning.

. . . someone I just met sees my car for the first time. All Caddys are sweet for sure, but that Eldo look is just right.

That's all. Feel free to add. I just needed to vent, and it came out all positive this time. :thumbsup:

I feel you everything but the DIC.

Ahhhh yes, the beauty of driving... :highfive:

ga_etc
11-03-09, 02:34 AM
I'm right there with ya CORSA1R. There's nothing better than a long on-ramp leading to an empty interstate.

Aron9000
11-03-09, 03:23 AM
1. The left lane is empty and I can set the cruise at 85mph and crank up the stereo.

2. People tend to get out of the way and don't tailgate me when I drive the Cadillac. I don't know if its my sometimes aggressive driving style or the car that tends to intimidate.

Jonas McFeely
11-03-09, 04:43 AM
I love it when:

Its chilly outside and i can leave my windows down.

Its chilly outside and i notice my car being far more responsive because of it.

I hear the sucking of air through the intake and watch the revs climb.

I hit a perfect launch taking off from a stoplight.

I hit the 1st to 2nd shift at full throttle so perfectly and silky smooth it puts a smile on my face.

The guy in front of me gets in the left turn lane immediately and without slamming on the brakes in the fast lane and then cutting over halfway down the left turn lane.

ga_etc
11-03-09, 05:32 AM
I used to love nothing more than to being driving my Grandfather's '88 Brougham on a comfortable summer night with all four windows down, the radio up, and just cruising along. It wasn't very powerful, but it didn't need to be, it just rode so good.

the recluse
11-03-09, 09:21 PM
I love it when:

I drive over the hobo and he actually clears the drivetrain and I don't have to go back and clean him off my car...

People get out of my way when I drive on the sidewalk (I like to pretend it's an HOV lane)...

The smell of the body from last nights "job" finally clears out of the trunk...

Stingroo
11-03-09, 09:24 PM
LOL HOV lane. That's classic.

gary88
11-03-09, 09:49 PM
I love the rare instances around here when people realize how the left lane works.

sven914
11-03-09, 10:38 PM
I love it when:

I drive over the hobo and he actually clears the drivetrain and I don't have to go back and clean him off my car...

That is the best, isn't? :yup: Almost as good as the first cut into a fresh peice of paper.

I also love it when I park where I can see Barbara Ann (my Cadillac) from the building's windows, and I can pick her out of a packed parking lot and just stand there and watch her from far away.

Or when I'm on the highway and passing people... actually passing people. And I drive past and stare at the people in the other car.

Or when I open the doors after a long summer weekend, and am hit hit with that smell of hot, sun baked leather. It's on the same level as the smell of the interior, when the heat gets turned on for the first time in 6 months.

But I think what I love the most is when I, occasionally, get struck with realization that I drive a Cadillac. It usually happens when I'm walking up to her or a way from her, and I see the tailfins, or the Cadillac shield, or the four parking spots I'm taking up, or the oil slick left in the four parking spots, and I realize that I drive a Cadillac. It's a very subtle happiness, but a happiness that is all my own.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-03-09, 10:43 PM
With the Astro, I love how it eats snow, slush and heavy rain. The thing isn't fazed in the least by any sort of heavy precipitation. On the other hand, it can't pass a gas station to save it's life.

With the Regal, I love how little throttle it takes to accelerate and readily pass anything. Under WOT, it's downright quick too, but it looks so meek and understated.

iowasevillests
11-04-09, 02:51 PM
I love the rare instances around here when people realize how the left lane works.

+1 on that

I love it when I pull up to a stoplight with the windows rolled down and the car of HS or college kids next to me look at the shiny 17" chromes and start to drool, then realize its a Caddy and laugh. I promptly smoke them to the next stoplight and grin as they pull up :highfive:

chacenbra
11-04-09, 05:08 PM
I love it when....

... People think that my caddy is my moms car and I get to say "nope shes mine".

... The look on a ricers face when they pull up to the next stop light after gettin smoked by a 4 door lux sedan.

... I get into my car on a cold morning and feel the stiff leather depress under my weight.

... I walk into NAPA or the local Cadillac dealer and they already know the year make and model of my car.

:yup: :cloud9:

tr's-cts
11-04-09, 06:32 PM
I love it when....

......people pretend they're not looking...:cool:

the recluse
11-04-09, 06:37 PM
I love it when....
.. I walk into NAPA or the local Cadillac dealer and they already know the year make and model of my car.

Nothing says "always needs repair" like your local parts guy knowing you by name...

chacenbra
11-04-09, 07:15 PM
Nahh, The car really hasnt needed that much.. I did have to do the head gaskets but other than that nothing.

The parts guys just really dig my car, there are not that many caddys around here so they always wanna see it when I do come in.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-09, 07:34 PM
I love blowing off unsuspecting kids at stoplights in the GS.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-04-09, 10:12 PM
Nothing says "always needs repair" like your local parts guy knowing you by name...

My local Napa guys not only know me by name, they know my phone number and I get a rather large discount. I give them lots of business from fixing random people's cars.

the recluse
11-04-09, 10:37 PM
My local Napa guys not only know me by name, they know my phone number and I get a rather large discount. I give them lots of business from fixing random people's cars.

The employees at my local Advanced Auto know me by name also as well as the makes and models of all my cars, and yeah, I get a discount on some things also...

...but I've had to spend a lot on repairs before I got there....:alchi:

Submariner409
11-04-09, 10:43 PM
.................when my live-in friend of 30 years slinks over, curls up on the sofa and says "C'mere, boy. I'm gonna make you a star.........."

eXile
11-05-09, 12:55 AM
... when 3000GT's, 350Z's, 300Z's, Cobalt's, Accord's, Civic's, hell. Ricers in general attempt to race me. Its always fun to slap it in 1st then 'fake manual' my way up through the gears. Nothing like pretending to have a manual 300 horsepower car w/out a clutch. LOL! :D

V-Eight
11-05-09, 01:01 AM
^What have you done to your car? I'm pretty sure a 350z can take down a stock STS

Jonas McFeely
11-05-09, 01:05 AM
... when 3000GT's, 350Z's, 300Z's, Cobalt's, Accord's, Civic's, hell. Ricers in general attempt to race me. Its always fun to slap it in 1st then 'fake manual' my way up through the gears. Nothing like pretending to have a manual 300 horsepower car w/out a clutch. LOL! :D

If youve ever beaten a 350Z, he wasnt racing you. An N/A 300ZX with a manual would likely beat you. A Cobalt SS would smoke you. An Accord V6 6-speed would likely beat you. I'll give you the 3000GT, because i doubt it was a VR-4, and Civic's are jokes...unless theyre swapped...or turbo'd.

And manually shifting an automatic when it doesnt even have a "Tiptronic" function is just retarded.

Sorry about the flame, but uhh, well, whatever. :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, you could smoke my '93 Altima.:thumbsup:

V-Eight
11-05-09, 01:31 AM
Cobalt SS 0-60 - 5.5
350z - 5.6
Accord V6 Coupe - 5.9

gary88
11-05-09, 01:36 AM
'98 STS is listed as 6.8 here

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60_Quarter_Mile_Times/C_0-60times.html

MacMuse
11-05-09, 12:43 PM
...... I complete a three hour drive feeling more refreshed and relaxed than when I started.

Submariner409
11-05-09, 04:11 PM
................and more Cadillac graphs. On any given day an Accord V-6 will beat you by a full second.

Click on the graph to expand it.................

V-Eight, You've never dropped a 4T80E into "1" and stuck your foot in the firewall and gone to top speed limiter fuel cutoff without touching the stick, have you ???

V-Eight
11-05-09, 07:23 PM
................and more Cadillac graphs. On any given day an Accord V-6 will beat you by a full second.

Click on the graph to expand it.................

V-Eight, You've never dropped a 4T80E into "1" and stuck your foot in the firewall and gone to top speed limiter fuel cutoff without touching the stick, have you ???

eh??

the recluse
11-05-09, 07:54 PM
...... I complete a three hour drive feeling more refreshed and relaxed than when I started.

I love that feeling, except it's usually on my motorcycle not in my Caddy.

eXile
11-05-09, 09:44 PM
Wow sorry guys, a friend of mine crashed at my place last night after a party. He was a lil outta character from some certain 'other' things. ( :alchi: ) I was surfing the site and fell asleep and he was still going strong due to the Monster I bought him on the way home. (Stupid of me lol)

Anyways, he said I'd find something funny he posted on this site. Guess I found it... A-hole.

No I know a STS cant beat almost all of those cars however I still wouldnt mind giving em a shot.

uhhh things i like?

-my heated seat seems to heat up faster than any of my other friends/parents cars :thumbsup:
-the northstar sound :bouncy:
-the fact that I 'have' to do WOT daily runs :shhh:

Sorry for being stupid and leaving my browser open in front of a alchi guys! :thepan:

Aron9000
11-07-09, 02:12 AM
I love setting the cruise in my Cadillac at 86mph and still getting 23.5mpg. Pretty damn remarkable for an engine known to drink gas(350TBI) in a big car shaped like a brick.