: Amp/Sub and JL Audio Cleansweep Install help in CTS

Bluehaze07
11-01-09, 12:54 PM
I have a 500/2 (1000w Sony Xplode) Amp and a 10" 350RMS (1200w Max) Infinity Kappa Sub and a JL Audio Cleansweep. I am considering installing this but i have no experience in wiring or audio install. Is there a guide and or references that someone can point me to. HELLPPPP!!! :D I still have to get the Amp install kit.

Bluehaze07
11-02-09, 10:06 PM
Can anyone help?

Angry Matt
11-02-09, 10:36 PM
For the amp, you want to run a power wire from the positive on the battery back to the trunk (assuming that's where you'll mount the amp). Put a fuse within 12" of the battery, and hook it up after you've run the wire all the way back. Find a grommet in the firewall where there are other things run through from the factory, if you can and fish the wire through there, don't go through the fender. I usually ground my stereos to the seat belt bolt under the back seat. You want to make sure to get a good solid ground, that's as important, if not more than the power source. The remote wire needs to have a source that turns on only when the radio is on, power antenna leads work well as this does not need to be a large wire. If you don't already have one, go to the hardware store and get a 12v light tester, looks like a screwdriver with a wire coming out of it. They're just a few bucks and will come in handy for years to come. As for the cleansweep, I've never used one and I have no idea what you're factory radio looks like, so my help is limited..

Dev-ille
11-04-09, 06:22 PM
We could walk you through the amp install without too much of a problem, but if you have no 12v audio installation experience, then I think the Clean Sweep may be a little too much for you (if you even need it at all). I'm not trying to say anything negative about you, but if you've never done anything like this, then it can be a little complicated.

If your intention is to only add bass to your current system (This is my assumption based on your original post) then can I ask why you want to install the Clean Sweep? Which model Clean Sweep is it that you have? Do you understand what it does? Are you planning on expanding to more amplifiers in the future?

Your answers will help me try and steer you in the right direction, and it may be easier than you think.

JT

Bluehaze07
11-10-09, 11:48 PM
We could walk you through the amp install without too much of a problem, but if you have no 12v audio installation experience, then I think the Clean Sweep may be a little too much for you (if you even need it at all). I'm not trying to say anything negative about you, but if you've never done anything like this, then it can be a little complicated.

If your intention is to only add bass to your current system (This is my assumption based on your original post) then can I ask why you want to install the Clean Sweep? Which model Clean Sweep is it that you have? Do you understand what it does? Are you planning on expanding to more amplifiers in the future?

Your answers will help me try and steer you in the right direction, and it may be easier than you think.

JT

Haven't been on here for a bit.

1. I am trying to add bass and an aux input to my current system.
2. I get the basics of what the cleansweep does. Takes stock eq out of the signal and adds an AUX.
3. I am planning on putting in the nav next year and maybe replacing the door speakers.
4. Thanks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also have 2 jl audio xr crossovers.

Bluehaze07
11-14-09, 09:16 PM
Waiting for a guy from a local shop to call me back. I am gonna trying to get him to install the system for me.

I have ordered a monster cable 4 gauge amp wiring kit. gonna pick up some speaker wire from auto-zone or something. I guess I will go to Best buy if he doesn't call me back. I want to do this next week.

:banghead::banghead:

Bluehaze07
11-28-09, 07:15 PM
Hey,

I have found a link that has a guide. It is detailed and has Pics. Link for anyone trying to do the same thing: http://sites.google.com/site/rarcangel84/

05CaddyTruck
01-12-10, 12:33 PM
Hey Bro,
At a minimum all you have to do is go to like a Best Buyand they can install your subs, amp, and clean sweep for under $200.00. Granted if you go to a high-end stereo install shop its going to costs ($$$$) unless you know someone that works there. Go luck, post pics of install when done...

DL