: Paranormal Activity

bierman.d
11-01-09, 01:28 PM
Who here has seen this movie? Thoughts?

I just saw it last night.. pretty freaky. Particularly the ending caught me off guard.

I rarely go to movies in theaters but it was a group party so I thought I'd go anyways (plus I've wanted to see this and we finally got it in town :banghead:). After sitting there with people talking during the quiet parts, laughing during non-funny parts and the constant pulling up of stupid bright cell phones; I remember why I don't like movie theaters.
Screaming is perfectly fine... but please, take the next hour and a half without texting or updating your facebook status with "ScArEd @ PaRANoRmLL TIVITY!!!!! LOL OMG FML"

But I digress.

I recommend the movie to those who haven't seen it yet.. I was actually on edge and scary movies don't typically do that for me.
I think it lives up to all of the hype.

ga_etc
11-01-09, 02:03 PM
I saw it a couple of weeks ago with a friend. I liked it, but I'm not sure it lived up to all the hype. It was freaky, but not really that scary to me. There was only a few times that I really jumped. Considering it only cost like $15,000 to make I have to give it props. I would recommend seeing it if you like those types of movies.

bierman.d
11-01-09, 10:59 PM
$15,000 that's impressive. I did not know that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-01-09, 11:02 PM
What's the difference between Paranormal Activity and that new alien movie coming out? Fourth Encounter?

ga_etc
11-02-09, 01:45 AM
Paranormal Activity is about a woman and her boyfriend being haunted by a demon. Fourth Kind is about people being abducted by aliens.

Stingroo
11-02-09, 02:05 AM
I don't really understand all the hype about that movie. I refuse to visit the movie theatre unless there's a really good reason to, so I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and get it with my Netflix.

Looks stupid though IMO.

the recluse
11-02-09, 10:00 PM
I don't really understand all the hype about that movie. I refuse to visit the movie theatre unless there's a really good reason to, so I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and get it with my Netflix.

Looks stupid though IMO.

98% of what Hollywood puts out is stupid. My kids where clamoring over the Transformers 2. I refused to take them to the theaters but rented it for home viewing . GLAD I didn't spend (read:WASTE) the money on seeing it the theater, IT SUCKED...

bierman.d
11-02-09, 10:33 PM
98% of what Hollywood puts out is stupid.

Not a big movie person, are ya?

bierman.d
11-02-09, 10:39 PM
Looks stupid though IMO.

I can see how it would to some. I'm more of a pseudoscience-fiction guy myself when it comes to horror movies. Murder stories are almost always boring to me.

I like the shooting method though (movie shot through a couple's "video camera") like that of Cloverfield and the Blair Witch Project. It gives the movie a whole different feeling.
I just hope it isn't overdone in the near future.
If everyone does it, it'll get old really fast.

Stingroo
11-02-09, 10:44 PM
Hey, Transformers 2 wasn't SUPPOSED to be a good, thought provoking movie. You're supposed to turn your brain off for 2 hours and enjoy the lights and explosions. I did. :)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-02-09, 10:45 PM
^ I hate that. I had to turn off Cloverfield because the shaky camera was making me woozy.

bierman.d
11-02-09, 11:44 PM
I guess the love of Cadillacs is all I have in common with most of you :duck:

the recluse
11-03-09, 10:41 PM
Not a big movie person, are ya?

Yeah, I like movies, but GOOD movies are hard to come by anymore. No one really writes a story with thought and plot, just CGI and useless explosions. Most movies today remind me of old "chop saki" flicks:

Some Guy: "I don't like your family's Kung Fu"
Other Guy: "I don't like you"
Both Guys: "Let's fight!"

Transformers 2 was just one off the top of my head that was a recent cluster**** of a movie. How do you cover up the final fight from the first one that supposedly happened in downtown L.A.? Why was the robot RC truck dry humping Megan Fox's leg? Why was one "of the oldest Transformers ever" a 1970's spy plane? If the transformers had been to earth before, then they should have known about the cube in the first one and where it was at. I could go on for an hour about the story holes and plot discrepancies... not to mention the fugly (read:homely and UGH) chick with the metal tongue, :cookoo: :ack: :wtf2:

The amount of stupid drivel that Hollywood writes is mind boggling....the fact that people support SOME of it is worse...(some, cause it's not ALL bad).

V-Eight
11-14-09, 02:19 AM
Just saw it tonight, the ending was the only part that 'suprised' me. As soon as I saw that smile, I turned to my friend and said "Shits going down". It was pretty funny too because as the credits pop up, some girl is like "Yeah right!" Also, during one part I made a funny noise, and people thought it was part of the movie lol.