: I'm totally lost and need your help.

Army_MP_From_MO
11-01-09, 11:40 AM
My wife and I were crusing down the road and I'm using my turn signals like a good citizen and she asks, "How long have your turn signals not worked?". Of course, being a man, I said "WTF are you talking about?" and then start trying to test them out. Sure enough my turn signals aren't working. Getting back home I find the hazards won't work either. Check the fuses they look ok. So I run down and grab a flasher relay and pop it in and still nothing.

Any thoughts?

R-Caddy
11-01-09, 01:28 PM
Check all the fuses and associated relays. Is anything else not working?

Army_MP_From_MO
11-02-09, 12:16 AM
No. Took her out tonight and checked everything. Nothing else has stopped working. I replaced the flasher fuse and that didn't fix it. I wonder if they grabbed the right flasher relay. It was a bit larger. I checked online and everywhere sells a two prong. The one I took out had three and the new one did too. I did notice that when I used the turn signal the corner lights came on. I would think if the turn signal switch went out the corner lights wouldn't come on.

JRomano
11-02-09, 01:03 AM
I would think if the turn signal switch went out the corner lights wouldn't come on.

as a side note, i notice when i very slowly push the signal stalk, the corner light will come on and the "flasher click" noise will occur, but the green arrows in the cluster and the blinkers will not activate until i push the stalk a little bit farther...

CateraMV6
11-02-09, 02:21 AM
I would think 2 items... Flasher relay or Stalk...

I just ordered the Owners Manuals so I will dig in there to see how to test for your condition but you will have to wait a bit.

I know the car has a ton of relays so maybe there is a secondary relay that performs some of the blinker functions.

Also I thought the hazard lights were on a separate circuit as you can turn those on with the key out of the ignition...

Army_MP_From_MO
11-02-09, 06:59 PM
Power comes from the battery to the fuse, fuse to the turn signal switch, the switch to the relay, relay to the signals, right? I replaced the fuse and checked it, car on, car off. No power through it at all with the turn signals or hazards switched on.

What the hell am I missing?

CateraMV6
11-02-09, 09:14 PM
Check for continuity between battery and switch and then from switch to the light itself... something is cut or disconnected somewhere... could be just a connector.

I had a tail light go out on me... and the socket was loose then it heated up and melted the plastic...

djohns6074
12-29-09, 12:31 AM
check your hazard switch cause after the fuse the power goes there first

Kodan
12-30-09, 04:02 PM
Did take a peek at the schematics, the flasher unit gets its power through the hazard switch so if the hazard switch is malfunction the turn lights will not work.
If you take the flasher unit out you can check if there is +12V on pin 6 (49) with the ignition on and hazard switch off.
There also should be +12V on pin 6 (49) with ignition off and hazard switch on.

If there is no +12V replace the hazard switch.

Peter

Army_MP_From_MO
12-30-09, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I've got to pry some cash from the wife and I'll give it a shot.