: W4M tuner - tune selection question

jwall09
11-01-09, 01:41 AM
I know the performance tune is safe for daily use, and i know the race tune is not. What about the Max Performance? can that be used daily without risk of damage?

inurok
11-01-09, 02:21 PM
I know the performance tune is safe for daily use, and i know the race tune is not. What about the Max Performance? can that be used daily without risk of damage?

I use max performance tune daily with no problems. I have never tried race tune yet.

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-02-09, 12:52 PM
I have never used anything but the race tune as mt DD. If you are slaming gears and drive rough then don't use it unless you track it. I roll into the gas pedal then floor it once the car is moving if I drive aggressively. I don't down shift ever and rarely do I run through every gear at WOT.

PGA2B
11-02-09, 01:33 PM
I have never used anything but the race tune as mt DD. If you are slaming gears and drive rough then don't use it unless you track it. I roll into the gas pedal then floor it once the car is moving if I drive aggressively. I don't down shift ever and rarely do I run through every gear at WOT.

Are you using W4M or HP Tunner as your tunning software?:hmm:

LITTLEELVISDAN
11-03-09, 05:58 PM
Actually have both. But for ease of use and peace of mind I use the W4M handheld.

jwall09
11-04-09, 01:23 PM

I have loaded all 3. Performance feels a little more responsive but i almost dont notice anything. Max Performance i do notice and race i notice the most of course. When i spoke to Jess i asked which tunes i could use as a DD and he said all but RACE. I dont feel anything that would make me feel i could harm the car with race tune, why do you think hes saying this? Max and RACE both down shift pretty hard if you stomp on it (down shifts 2 gears ussually, and does it hard), but if you drive like normal it doesnt seem like it would harm.