: Happy halloween!!!

blue07cts
10-31-09, 04:26 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday and see what everyone has planned?

itschrome
10-31-09, 05:14 PM
well i am currently trying on the misses dresses too see which one fits, then i'm of to her bands halloween show as a breaded lady. real original i know. but what ever.. Happy halloween every one!

bierman.d
10-31-09, 05:21 PM
Likewise!
I'll be going to a party tonight.. hopefully it'll be fun.
And I shave tonight for the last time until December.

No-shave Novembeard! :rockon:

Stingroo
10-31-09, 05:31 PM
Nothing for tonight. We put together a massive haunted house last night using campus. We used the ROTC building because it has a massive bathroom with a lot of shower stalls, etc.

Think like, Call of Duty World At War's Nazi Zombies, but with Americans instead.

V-Eight
10-31-09, 07:12 PM
Buddies birthday/halloween party, its gonna be ridiculous!

c5 rv
10-31-09, 08:07 PM
My daughter, son-in-law, and their 4 kids are over. They are out begging in our neighborhood since they live in the boonies. We've had 109 Trick-or-Treaters so far with another hour to go. It started out slowly. I think the delayed time change had people waiting until it got dark to go out.

orconn
10-31-09, 08:45 PM
I remember being at a meeting at my boss's house in one of the really exclusive neighborhoods in L.A., on Halloween. This house was over 12,000 square feet of beautiful constructed 1930's colonial. It was set on two acres of land on a corner lot. As darkness set in there was the chime of the door bell, and as I was the junior member of the group there for the meeting I got up and made the 100 foot walk to the central front door hall. As was befitting the house, the front door was over size too. As I opened the door I didn't see any one at first, and then in a shadow I saw a small boy, couldn't have been more than four years old, standing next to one of the potted trees on the front stair landing. He looked at me and I looked at him ........ and finally he held out his bag and said "Trick or Treat!" I gave him his choice of what was on the tray awaiting trick or treaters and he thanked me and off he went down thee 100 foot walkway leading from the public sidewalk to the mansions front door. As I looked after him I didn't see a parent in sight. To this day when I think of that Halloween night I think of the tremendous courage that little fellow had to walk up to a dimly lit mansion's porch (the front door lights were on) and ring the door bell for that huge front door to open and then to trick or treat! No other kids came to that house trick or treating that night and I can certainly can understand why.

The house has been used many a time since then (the early 1980's) in TV shows and motion pictures as a set for an East Coast mansion. Each time I see it in one these shows, I think of the brave little four year old boy and wonder which corporation he heads up now!

c5 rv
10-31-09, 09:18 PM
The final total for us was 160 beggars. Our grandkids went home with a big haul of candy, chips, and other snacks.

ga_etc
10-31-09, 09:25 PM
Had to work until 8 tonight. About to go to Wal-Mart and get something for my allergies and food.

Submariner409
10-31-09, 11:18 PM
..............about 4 handfuls of Brach's candy corn and you'll be good to go................:thumbsup:

Gary Wells
10-31-09, 11:34 PM
Happy Halloween, everybody.

Gary Wells
10-31-09, 11:36 PM
I remember being at a meeting at my boss's house in one of the really exclusive neighborhoods in L.A., on Halloween. This house was over 12,000 square feet of beautiful constructed 1930's colonial. It was set on two acres of land on a corner lot. As darkness set in there was the chime of the door bell, and as I was the junior member of the group there for the meeting I got up and made the 100 foot walk to the central front door hall. As was befitting the house, the front door was over size too. As I opened the door I didn't see any one at first, and then in a shadow I saw a small boy, couldn't have been more than four years old, standing next to one of the potted trees on the front stair landing. He looked at me and I looked at him ........ and finally he held out his bag and said "Trick or Treat!" I gave him his choice of what was on the tray awaiting trick or treaters and he thanked me and off he went down thee 100 foot walkway leading from the public sidewalk to the mansions front door. As I looked after him I didn't see a parent in sight. To this day when I think of that Halloween night I think of the tremendous courage that little fellow had to walk up to a dimly lit mansion's porch (the front door lights were on) and ring the door bell for that huge front door to open and then to trick or treat! No other kids came to that house trick or treating that night and I can certainly can understand why.

The house has been used many a time since then (the early 1980's) in TV shows and motion pictures as a set for an East Coast mansion. Each time I see it in one these shows, I think of the brave little four year old boy and wonder which corporation he heads up now!

If this was L.A. as in Los Angeles, Kali, the kid was probably packing. They start early out here.

ga_etc
11-01-09, 01:30 AM
..............about 4 handfuls of Brach's candy corn and you'll be good to go................:thumbsup:

If only it were that easy. Perfumes are what seems to be triggering my allergies these days. This time it was, of all things, a strongly scented vanilla candle that the manager had burning at work yesterday.

c5 rv
11-01-09, 08:03 AM
About to go to Wal-Mart and get something for my allergies and food.

Too bad all the effective allergy meds that contain sudafed are now behind the counter because of meth labs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-01-09, 10:28 AM
I met up with a girl I met through work and went to a great Jewish delicatessen for dinner.

V-Eight
11-01-09, 12:54 PM
I met up with a girl I met through work and went to a great Jewish delicatessen for dinner.

Metaphor?

bierman.d
11-01-09, 01:34 PM
Haha :thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
11-01-09, 02:27 PM
I went to a Yuengling keg at my buddy's house, also where the Sage Caddy is parked. He always throws a sick Halloween party, and this year was no different. Had a really great night. And to top it off, i got more acquainted with, got the number of, and gave a ride home to someone that ive had my eye on for a few weeks now. Got some Taco Bell around 4:30am and called it a night. Best Halloween in recent memory.

Anyone ever hear of/do a Pumpkin Bomb?

You take a pumpkin spice beer of your choice (I used Post Road Pumpkin Ale), and fill a pink glass up half-way. Take a shot glass and fill it half-way with Bailey's and the other half with a vanilla vodka (i used Smirnoff). Hold the pint glass with your left hand and shot glass with your right, hover the shot glass over the beer, drop it in, and drink immediately. Its like Halloween in your mouth. Quite tasty. They went over well at the party.

Similar to an Irish Car Bomb, but a bit tastier in my opinion. Try it out! ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-01-09, 03:14 PM
Metaphor?

Oy vey, that's some expensive sex!!

orconn
11-01-09, 03:41 PM
^^^^ I was gonna say, but then what do I know!