: ATTN: Those in NY who oppose the new plate fee

codewize
10-30-09, 10:16 AM
If you're apposed to the new mandated plate fee you should fill out this petition.

As Posted by the Albany County Clerk

Good Afternoon,

I have set up an on-line petition for people to voice their opposition to the $25 license plate mandate. I'd ask that you support this effort (if you are opposed) by completing a short form petition and send this message to all in your address book. Our constituents are really upset about this fee.

The site was complete yesterday afternoon, advertised in the TU today and already has over 500 signatures.

Thanks.
Kathy Marchione
site: www.nonewlicenseplates.com (http://www.nonewlicenseplates.com/)

OffThaHorseCEO
10-30-09, 11:45 AM
So you didn't have license plate fees before, and now you do?

dkozloski
10-30-09, 12:01 PM
I pay nothing for registration renewal and license plates.

orconn
10-30-09, 12:08 PM

Congratulations! But the rest of us don't have a zillion barrels of oil in the back forty ........ not to mention moose on Main Street and winters that really suck!

RightTurn
10-30-09, 02:04 PM

Ya, but the dogsled doesn't work down here in the lower 48. :coffee:

dkozloski
10-30-09, 02:22 PM
Ya, but the dogsled doesn't work down here in the lower 48. :coffee:
Sure it does. You just slip on some wheels and you're good to go.

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 05:18 PM
They just doubled our registration and tag fees here in Florida on September 1st. I used to Pay about $70 a year, now its about $130. Bastards.:rolleyes:

Stingroo
10-30-09, 08:12 PM
^ Don't remind me. lol

the recluse
10-30-09, 10:07 PM
They just doubled our registration and tag fees here in Florida on September 1st. I used to Pay about $70 a year, now its about $130. Bastards.:rolleyes:

This is one effed up state...if they ever go to a state tax, I'm moving out. I got mine renewed before the raise (you could renew for two years before the price increase).

Jacksonville hit its residence with "Stormwater and Solid Waste" fees, just another way for these f***ers to screw you out of your money. This city and this state flush more money by lining the pockets of special interest groups :banghead: ... I need to quit before I rant myself to death... :mad2:

Did I mention I hate this place?

dkozloski
10-30-09, 10:31 PM
The first time you let the lawmaking bastards get away with taxing anything, you've started down the slippery slope of taxing everything. Join the tea party movement, vote out as many of the bastards you can, and hang the rest.

Stingroo
10-30-09, 11:31 PM
If we hanged all the corrupt politicians in FL, there'd be no one left.

Hmm... I'm in. lol

codewize
10-31-09, 11:11 AM
No, what's happening is that the state is mandating that everyone get "new" license plates BUT they're going to charge us $25 for them on the next registration. Then to make it worse, if you want the same plate number it's an additional $20.

I have 4 cars and at $45 per car added to the reg I'm a little upset.

BTW I also found out that most County Clerks in the state have their own petition. So you can probably visit your local DMV or County Clerk to get involved.

So you didn't have license plate fees before, and now you do?

OffThaHorseCEO
10-31-09, 01:31 PM
No, what's happening is that the state is mandating that everyone get "new" license plates BUT they're going to charge us $25 for them on the next registration. Then to make it worse, if you want the same plate number it's an additional $20.

I have 4 cars and at $45 per car added to the reg I'm a little upset.

BTW I also found out that most County Clerks in the state have their own petition. So you can probably visit your local DMV or County Clerk to get involved.

o that sucks. whats the usual renewal period, if there is one. also, lets say you just got a new plate 3 months ago, are you exempt or screwed?

codewize
10-31-09, 04:14 PM
The usual period is 2 years. The program goes into effect I think in April so anyone who comes due after April pays the fee. Anyone who just renewed or renews prior to April is good for 2 years.

So everyone will renew on their usual date.

I think it's April, don't quote me on that.

o that sucks. whats the usual renewal period, if there is one. also, lets say you just got a new plate 3 months ago, are you exempt or screwed?

slk230mb
10-31-09, 05:15 PM
The usual period is 2 years. The program goes into effect I think in April so anyone who comes due after April pays the fee. Anyone who just renewed or renews prior to April is good for 2 years.

So everyone will renew on their usual date.

I think it's April, don't quote me on that.

Didn't they do this to us when they switched the design of the plates?

codewize
11-01-09, 04:17 PM
I could be wrong but I don't believe there's ever been a fee when changing plate design.

DrFunky
11-10-09, 03:35 PM
This is hot garbage! These new concept plates look like the same damn ones they had in 1975! The ones we have currently are fine and they look better too! The ones we have now even include upstate new york in the freakin title! Now they wanna take that away from us and make us pay!!!!???

Hell no!!!

dkozloski
11-10-09, 05:06 PM
You elected the bastards. You made your own bed. Now you have to sleep in it. The time to act is before the election, not after it. All that's required to lose your freedom is for good men to do nothing.

DrFunky
11-11-09, 12:02 AM
You elected the bastards. You made your own bed. Now you have to sleep in it. The time to act is before the election, not after it. All that's required to lose your freedom is for good men to do nothing.

no one elected patterson, he was put into the position after spitzer got literally caught with his pants down. hell patterson even admitted he didnt wanna be governor...

gdwriter
11-11-09, 01:34 AM
Those new plates are fugly. Adding insult to injury (I liked the Statue of Liberty design).

slk230mb
11-11-09, 09:25 AM
This won't stand out on a white car or anything :rolleyes:

http://media2.myfoxny.com//photo/2009/11/10/EmpireGoldPlate_20091110211123_320_240.JPG

gdwriter
11-11-09, 12:12 PM
The 70s called. They want their license plate back.

DrFunky
11-11-09, 12:56 PM
Those new plates are fugly. Adding insult to injury (I liked the Statue of Liberty design).

I was born in the 80's so I came up on that design, but I like the one we have now because Im from the Falls and it gives us recognition. Thats why Im buying custom plates on Friday. :cool:

codewize
11-11-09, 06:14 PM
No one elected Patterson as governor. He was appointed after our governor had a little problem. Everyone, including Obama wants him out.

dkozloski
11-11-09, 06:22 PM
No one elected Patterson as governor. He was appointed after our governor had a little problem. Everyone, including Obama wants him out.
He doesn't have anything to do with the license plates and fees. That all comes from the bunch of crazy bastards you call your legislature. They're as crazy as the Japanese and spend all their time on Kabuki theater. They're a joke and a bad one.

Kev
11-11-09, 06:27 PM
Awe, c'mon fellas, they're just trying to keep all the convicts busy .... :rolleyes:

codewize
11-11-09, 08:18 PM
Everyone I talk to seems to think it was his idea?

He doesn't have anything to do with the license plates and fees. That all comes from the bunch of crazy bastards you call your legislature. They're as crazy as the Japanese and spend all their time on Kabuki theater. They're a joke and a bad one.

dkozloski
11-11-09, 10:40 PM
Everyone I talk to seems to think it was his idea?
Somehow the idea has to make it into law and all he can do is suggest to the legislature what he wants and then sign the bill if it passes. He's an easy target but the lawmakers really deserve the blame.

DrFunky
11-11-09, 11:21 PM
Awe, c'mon fellas, they're just trying to keep all the convicts busy .... :rolleyes:

I LOL'd

Jesda
11-12-09, 04:42 AM
I wish there was a movement in opposition to the new plates Missouri got. The font almost looks like Comic Sans.