: VOLVOs are for Pussies ;)

BaTu
10-29-09, 11:28 AM
I had this pointed out to me years ago and never forgot it......

You don't want to drive behind one and can simply pull-out in front of Any one you see to avoid doing so (Volvo drivers drive with their foot hovering just above the brake pedal at ALL times)

They are completely devoid of everything a car should be. They have no personality, performance, or styling. The Only thing they have is that "Safety" thing they push.

Who would give it all up to feel safer? Pussies that's who ;) (hehehe) Drivers who are So Scared of the road and over perceive it's dangers that they drive scared all the time.

HERE's their latest rap..... They now have a HeartBeat Monitor to detect a "bad guy" who might be hiding in the back to attack you as you enter!

They should be called "Vulvas" :D

nikon
10-29-09, 11:46 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/Funny%20pics/wagons1.jpg

CIWS
10-29-09, 11:55 AM
http://www.ciws.net/images/beerwagon.jpg

R6DTS
10-29-09, 11:58 AM
You cant deny that they have one of the most comfortable seats out there though..at least on the S80. And the heardbeat monitor was introd on the 07 S80..It is kinda lame.

orconn
10-29-09, 01:35 PM
Gee, from my experience, the big GM SUVs so attractive to small women with one child seat and kid in the back were the car of choice for timid women drivers. Oblivious to rest of us on the road and foot poised over the brake peddle. Northern Virginia is the Sargasso Sea for this iteration of Escaldes and Yukons.

Gristle Boy
10-29-09, 01:54 PM
CRVs are the prob in my part 'o the world. :annoyed: They should paint 'em all flourescent orange.

EcSTSatic
10-29-09, 02:20 PM
I didn't know you could say the here! :canttalk:

These are one of my favorite cars
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Volvo1800s.JPG/800px-Volvo1800s.JPG

Jesda
10-29-09, 04:41 PM
I would love to have a 1990s 850 turbo wagon.

R6DTS
10-29-09, 04:50 PM
I would love to have a 1990s 850 turbo wagon.

Parents used to have a 96 turbo wagon, it was a great car. 40k miles and I dont think it ever had a problem.

Cobrahunter
10-29-09, 06:30 PM
we call them vuvus (voovoos) here because of the exhaust sound the wagons make

Aron9000
10-29-09, 11:25 PM
I want this turbo Volvo wagon. Yeah its a twin turbo Ls1(or some LS based variant) V8 under the hood:lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CI1PzhJ2fY

Here its outrunning a Yamaha R1 at 170+mph:bonkers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q&feature=related

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-29-09, 11:26 PM
A C30 would be a sweet little hatchback. Aren't Volvos typically real popular with a lot of upper middle class white collared people? Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, etc etc. People who want a fancy European car without the badge of a BMW or MB.

Aron9000
10-29-09, 11:31 PM
A C30 would be a sweet little hatchback. Aren't Volvos typically real popular with a lot of upper middle class white collared people? Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, etc etc. People who want a fancy European car without the badge of a BMW or MB.

That is very true, and sounds like the same market Buick used to attract(and they are trying to win back). Somebody who wants something nice, comfortable, safe, good looking, and UNDER the radar.

bierman.d
10-29-09, 11:42 PM
I like Volvo. Probably my favorite European lux.

dkozloski
10-29-09, 11:47 PM
I didn't know you could say the here! :canttalk:

These are one of my favorite cars
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Volvo1800s.JPG/800px-Volvo1800s.JPG
A P1800 looks OK but it's a lead sled. The only good feature was the overdrive that would let you split shifts.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-09, 12:02 AM
My god, that looks like a Nordic DB5.

thebigjimsho
10-30-09, 12:45 AM
I'm sorry, what was the point of this thread? Was someone drinking?

orconn
10-30-09, 12:49 AM
I agree with dkoz while quite attractive and a decent middle class GT in its' day, it was certainly a lead sled among real GT cars of that era. Certainly a DB5 only in its' owner's dreams. My favorite rendition if the model was the "shooting brake" wagon back with fuel injection. I also, as I have said many times here, agree that Volvo has consistently had the best seats in the industry. In the late sixties and seventies the Volvo wagon (always dark green) was the quintessential upper middle class "mommy mobile;" we used to say, only half joking, that the Volvo wagons came with child seat as standard equipment. Since the mid-1950's there have been Volvos present in my immediate family. Certainly a good choice for someone who wants more than a Toyota but is hastened by the image of the Mercedes or a BMW .... little do they know that the things will cost almost as much to maintain!

dkozloski
10-30-09, 03:02 AM
I agree with dkoz while quite attractive and a decent middle class GT in its' day, it was certainly a lead sled among real GT cars of that era. Certainly a DB5 only in its' owner's dreams. My favorite rendition if the model was the "shooting brake" wagon back with fuel injection. I also, as I have said many times here, agree that Volvo has consistently had the best seats in the industry. In the late sixties and seventies the Volvo wagon (always dark green) was the quintessential upper middle class "mommy mobile;" we used to say, only half joking, that the Volvo wagons came with child seat as standard equipment. Since the mid-1950's there have been Volvos present in my immediate family. Certainly a good choice for someone who wants more than a Toyota but is hastened by the image of the Mercedes or a BMW .... little do they know that the things will cost almost as much to maintain!
A '62 Corvair Monza Spyder would blow the doors off a P1800 Volvo. Another guy and I used to race to work every day and he never did win.

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 05:56 AM
I had this pointed out to me years ago and never forgot it......

You don't want to drive behind one and can simply pull-out in front of Any one you see to avoid doing so (Volvo drivers drive with their foot hovering just above the brake pedal at ALL times)

They are completely devoid of everything a car should be. They have no personality, performance, or styling. The Only thing they have is that "Safety" thing they push.

Who would give it all up to feel safer? Pussies that's who ;) (hehehe) Drivers who are So Scared of the road and over perceive it's dangers that they drive scared all the time.

HERE's their latest rap..... They now have a HeartBeat Monitor to detect a "bad guy" who might be hiding in the back to attack you as you enter!

They should be called "Vulvas" :D

Yeah, a total puss Volvo that will blow the doors off of your STS both in a straight line and in the twisties... :thepan:

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules/ew_filemanager/07images/ptalk/roadtest/volvo/c30/No%208.jpg

And lets not forget the Volvo/Bertone 262C Turbo Coupe of the late 70's and early '80's(a personal favorite of mine): :drool:

http://volvoadventures.com/780vermant2.jpg

CIWS
10-30-09, 09:33 AM
Yeah, a total puss Volvo that will blow the doors off of your STS both in a straight line and in the twisties... :thepan:

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules/ew_filemanager/07images/ptalk/roadtest/volvo/c30/No%208.jpg

I'll take that bet. :yup:

R6DTS
10-30-09, 09:52 AM
^^

C30 Type R 0-60 6.2 sec.......Barely faster than my DEVILLE DTS. I highly doubt an STS-V would have a problem blowing the doors off the Volvo in this case.

BaTu
10-30-09, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry, what was the point of this thread? Was someone drinking?

The point is.... while Volvos have always been the "Ultimate Pussified Driving Machine" now, with the addition of the "HeartBeat Monitor", there is no way to maintain the pretense of anything else :D

No drinking, just read an article on this new, all important, Volvo option now available to it's testosterone depleted customers ;)

thebigjimsho
10-30-09, 10:47 AM
The point is.... while Volvos have always been the "Ultimate Pussified Driving Machine" now, with the addition of the "HeartBeat Monitor", there is no way to maintain the pretense of anything else :D

No drinking, just read an article on this new, all important, Volvo option now available to it's testosterone depleted customers ;)
Big talk from someone who drives a slushbox...

BaTu
10-30-09, 11:01 AM
Big talk from someone who drives a slushbox...

Yea, my STS is the total extent of my car collection.... ;) (no Vulvas though)

Does yours have the HeatBeat Monitor or will you be trading it in, just for that, on your new one ? :P

orconn
10-30-09, 01:01 PM
And all this anti-Volvo venom from the owner of a hopped up "Grand-daddymobile!"

gary88
10-30-09, 01:31 PM
Here's a way to drive a Volvo and still keep your man card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmOQRClpI0

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 03:27 PM
^^

C30 Type R 0-60 6.2 sec.......Barely faster than my DEVILLE DTS. I highly doubt an STS-V would have a problem blowing the doors off the Volvo in this case.

At what point did i say STS-V? BaTu has an '05 STS. That was who i was referencing. That was clear in my post, hence the quotation.

And comparing the DTS to a C30 Turbo is like comparing Aretha Franklin to Carrie Underwood.

nickc50310
10-30-09, 04:01 PM
One of my good friends drives an S30 or some such Volvo. He was a Staff SGT in the marines and did a tour in Iraq. I dont think hes a *****. LOL!

bierman.d
10-30-09, 04:23 PM
Just for the record, STS v8 RWD runs 0-60 in 5.9 seconds or less, with the 5spd :)

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 04:27 PM
Just for the record, STS v8 RWD runs 0-60 in 5.9 seconds or less, with the 5spd :)

Wait, you can get an STS with a 5 speed?

bierman.d
10-30-09, 04:32 PM
First couple years were 5spd, 2007+ (I think) came with a 6spd standard.

No manuals if that's what you were thinking.

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 04:55 PM
First couple years were 5spd, 2007+ (I think) came with a 6spd standard.

No manuals if that's what you were thinking.

What? Yes, of course thats what i was thinking. "5spd" means "5-speed manual", and i believe thats unanimous among anyone that drives a car. :confused:

Since when were automatic's referred to as anything but a 4/5/6-speed AUTO? Unless you count that dual-clutch automated manual bullshit, or even worse that "Tiptronic" crap. Theyre all slushbox's, no matter what prefix's or suffix's or fancy names you give/add to them.

Long-live the clutch! :want: :alchi:

thebigjimsho
10-30-09, 05:13 PM
Behe Performance Tuning has a Volvo. Of which noone here could drive it 10/10ths...

thebigjimsho
10-30-09, 05:16 PM
Yea, my STS is the total extent of my car collection.... ;) (no Vulvas though)

Does yours have the HeatBeat Monitor or will you be trading it in, just for that, on your new one ? :P
And I fail to see how the HeartBeat Monitor makes it a *****car...

Seriously, are you a drunk? You make no sense...

fleetwood76
10-30-09, 05:20 PM
The best use of a volvo in my humble opinion.

funny too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WSHS67zn4&feature=related

Jolle

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 05:29 PM
The best use of a volvo in my humble opinion.

funny too!

YouTube - Cat VS Volvo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WSHS67zn4&feature=related)

Jolle

Thats depressing :rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-09, 07:49 PM
There's a few Volvo's I'd rock. C30, new S40, and a few of the S80s are cool. That's about it though.

V-Eight
10-30-09, 08:03 PM
The back of the C30 looks like it took something big from behind....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-09, 08:13 PM
Right, it's got a few weird angles, but what modern car doesn't?

BaTu
10-30-09, 08:15 PM
And I fail to see how the HeartBeat Monitor makes it a *****car...

Well, see I think that's completely understandable from your perspective. But for the rest of us, the very idea that the danger you're actually in, statistically speaking, of being attacked by a person hiding in your car when you get in is pretty much insignificant.

BUT, to a total ***** it seems as important as driving such a boring car, as a Vulva is, and sacrificing all the great things a car Could, and SHOULD be :)

Now to you this all seems as reasonable as that "windshield hammer" you have on your visor (you know for extracting yourself from your Vulva when it plunges underwater....) Come to think of it WHY DOESN'T your Vulva have that built-in? ;)

Also I love my STS and make NO Excuses for it! I love the Styling, Comfort, and especially the technological things like the Head-Up-Display (with the Nav functions projected in front of me) and the Adaptive Cruise Control.

With the V8 and MagRide it has Just the right balance between performance & luxury.....

For pure performance though I do have other cars that would "eat that UGLY C30 P.O.S. for breakfast" :D (I'd be more specific, but I'd be accused of being either a lier or a "braggart")

For for all the Vulva drivers out there, you know who you are,,,, coming to a Total Stop at stop signs, Obeying every speed limit sign (twice a month I bet I go 140) and "tap the brake" everytime you go by an on coming car, THE JIG IS UP! Once we all know you feel the need for a HeartBeat Monitor to be safe in your car, the World knows you to be the ***** you really are :) hehhehe...

Stingroo
10-30-09, 08:24 PM
So let me get this straight... not going 140 on the highway, and you know... STOPPING at stop signs, makes one a female reproductive organ?

Every post you've made on this topic bleeds of bigotry and ignorance. Fail.

CIWS
10-30-09, 08:25 PM
Oh wait. To be fair, I have raced a "Volvo" and he beat me soundly at a charity racing event held at a local 1/8th mile track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8VIaaYW-pY

BaTu
10-30-09, 08:37 PM
So let me get this straight... not going 140 on the highway, and you know... STOPPING at stop signs, makes one a female reproductive organ?

I'm afraid I'd have to say... Yup!

I mean, if you come to a Total Stop at every Stop Sign, and forget the 140, if you never exceed the posted speed limit sign (as well as the other things I mentioned) you are, in fact, a P*SSY on the road and belong in a Volvo ;)

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 08:39 PM
Well, see I think that's completely understandable from your perspective. But for the rest of us, the very idea that the danger you're actually in, statistically speaking, of being attacked by a person hiding in your car when you get in is pretty much insignificant.

BUT, to a total ***** it seems as important as driving such a boring car, as a Vulva is, and sacrificing all the great things a car Could, and SHOULD be :)

Now to you this all seems as reasonable as that "windshield hammer" you have on your visor (you know for extracting yourself from your Vulva when it plunges underwater....) Come to think of it WHY DOESN'T your Vulva have that built-in? ;)

Also I love my STS and make NO Excuses for it! I love the Styling, Comfort, and especially the technological things like the Head-Up-Display (with the Nav functions projected in front of me) and the Adaptive Cruise Control.

With the V8 and MagRide it has Just the right balance between performance & luxury.....

For pure performance though I do have other cars that would "eat that UGLY C30 P.O.S. for breakfast" :D (I'd be more specific, but I'd be accused of being either a lier or a "braggart")

For for all the Vulva drivers out there, you know who you are,,,, coming to a Total Stop at stop signs, Obeying every speed limit sign (twice a month I bet I go 140) and "tap the brake" everytime you go by an on coming car, THE JIG IS UP! Once we all know you feel the need for a HeartBeat Monitor to be safe in your car, the World knows you to be the ***** you really are :) hehhehe...

People would believe you if you posted legit pictures of your "performance" cars. Thats a shit excuse. Though, im sure you have nothing to prove.

I admit that most Volvo drivers are uptight weenies, but you are a complete and utter idiot. Kill yourself.

Stingroo
10-30-09, 08:40 PM
^ Agreed sir.

And what reason do I have for exceeding the posted speed limit? I have cruise control for a fairly good reason I suspect.

orconn
10-30-09, 08:44 PM
oh, come on BaTu, run your automotive scuderia by us. Would like to know how you supplement the driving thrills a STS provides!

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 08:49 PM
:food-snacking:

Stingroo
10-30-09, 09:01 PM
Hahaha. Epic smiley.

billc83
10-30-09, 09:33 PM
Man, this thread is serious.

orconn
10-30-09, 09:44 PM
BaTu, please tell us about these "other cars" that are in your scuderia! We are all waiting with bated breath so please post some pictures. So far all we've heard is what sounds like adolescent (no offense to our teenage members) bravado and nonsense.

creeker
10-30-09, 09:56 PM
Man, this thread is serious.

Yeh,I agree,everyone loves their caddies,but I always felt the members
were always open minded enough to realize cadillac isn't the only car in this world.

Stingroo
10-30-09, 10:31 PM
Oh, I for sure realize that. I think I can honestly name a car from nearly every manufacturer that I like. At least one.

Jonas McFeely
10-30-09, 10:48 PM
Oh, I for sure realize that. I think I can honestly name a car from nearly every manufacturer that I like. At least one.

Agreed! Damn, if i didnt have Halloween festivities to tend to, i think i'd make a list. Hmm, we'll see what condition im in in 6 hours...

ejguillot
10-30-09, 10:52 PM
Not all Volvos are for pussies. This one (modded heavily, 530 HP) takes skill and brass balls to fully use!

SbHEPbS9ZeU

The car is in SERIOUS need of better traction. 8.0 1/8 mile @ 155kph (97mph), traction limited.

And it's RWD.... fun!

thebigjimsho
10-30-09, 11:17 PM
Crystal meth, ladies and gentlemen...

dkozloski
10-30-09, 11:26 PM
The only Volvo feature worth mentioning is the little windowshade like deal that pulls up in front of the radiator when you pull on the bath tub chain that comes out of the instrument panel on a P544. It helps to keep the engine temps up when it's -40F.

Stingroo
10-30-09, 11:30 PM
That's pretty clever.

Also -- and I really don't know if they were the first to do this, but they were the first car I had ever seen with them -- the wiper blades on the headlights are pretty awesome too.

V-Eight
10-30-09, 11:51 PM
Not all Volvos are for pussies. This one (modded heavily, 530 HP) takes skill and brass balls to fully use!

SbHEPbS9ZeU

The car is in SERIOUS need of better traction. 8.0 1/8 mile @ 155kph (97mph), traction limited.

And it's RWD.... fun!

That's a great car lol

Aron9000
10-31-09, 01:17 AM
The heartbeat monitor would be a great feature for the mobster trying to avoid becoming like Carlo Rizzi(the guy strangled in the car at the end of the Godfather).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-31-09, 01:35 AM
Its meant to appease worrysome middle aged women. If you don't want it, don't order it.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-09, 03:07 AM
The only Volvo feature worth mentioning is the little windowshade like deal that pulls up in front of the radiator when you pull on the bath tub chain that comes out of the instrument panel on a P544. It helps to keep the engine temps up when it's -40F.

I just wrap a piece of cardboard in duct tape and bungee it to the grille. Works great. Anyone that has tried to keep a diesel truck warm in the winter knows the true value of a proper radiator cover. The average temp around here is still around 45-50 but we have already had to grille covers on both our diesel trucks.

As for the 140 comment, whoop de friggin do. Get caught doing that around here and you lose your license instantly for life.

Stingroo
10-31-09, 03:30 AM
Really? For life? Holy crap. That would suck so badly.

bierman.d
10-31-09, 05:01 AM
What? Yes, of course thats what i was thinking. "5spd" means "5-speed manual", and i believe thats unanimous among anyone that drives a car. :confused:

Since when were automatic's referred to as anything but a 4/5/6-speed AUTO? Unless you count that dual-clutch automated manual bullshit, or even worse that "Tiptronic" crap. Theyre all slushbox's, no matter what prefix's or suffix's or fancy names you give/add to them.

Long-live the clutch! :want: :alchi:

Well, it's not unanimous by my account. "5spd" to me is a quicker way of expressing 5 forward-going ratios, whether they be selected by the driver or computer. I left out the "auto" because I assumed most people here were aware that the STS is not available in manual.

I agree the tiptronic stuff is junk though. I've yet to drive a car in which gear changes happen within half a second of driver input. Oh well... working the clutch is half the fun anyways.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-09, 02:33 PM
Really? For life? Holy crap. That would suck so badly.

Yep, I went to school with a kid that got clocked doing 90 in a 25 and they seized his car and revoked his driving privileges instantly. He had an '01 WS6 with about $10k worth of performance mods. When the cops seized it they even ripped off the door panels looking for NOS bottles.

Stingroo
10-31-09, 03:03 PM
Nitrous is illegal there too? Damn. Note to self, don't go to Illionois. >_>

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-09, 03:05 PM
Its not illegal, but its more evidence that they can use in court to ensure you never drive again. But yeah, IL sucks.

V-Eight
10-31-09, 03:09 PM
Nitrous is illegal there too? Damn. Note to self, don't go to Illionois. >_>

Its only illegal to have it hooked up in Canada (you can have the hoses, just no bottle connected while on the streets), not sure what its like down there.

orconn
10-31-09, 03:21 PM
Good news for the sofflaws!! When I was in driver's ed class for Traffic/Speeding ticketed violators there were about 10 thoer law breakers in the class. I was there for 82 mph in a 65 mph zone on US 95. When I had to tell what I had done to get my ticket I was almost laughed out of the room! My fellow lawbreakers went on to describe "85 in a 25" "65 in a school zone" etc. To my knowledge they all kept there Driver's license and went on their way to new heights of irresponsible driving. Technically 10 MPH over the speed limit in Virginia is "Reckless Driving" and a misdemeanor ...... which keeps the legal profession in walking around money!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-09, 03:45 PM
Damn, only 10 over is reckless? In IL you gotta be doing 40 over or if you get the car airborne. Heck, you have to be doing at least 15 over before a ticket is mandatory. I have lots of warnings for doing 5-10 over. What can I say, its easy to speed in the Lincoln. :)

Jonas McFeely
10-31-09, 04:05 PM
Yep, I went to school with a kid that got clocked doing 90 in a 25 and they seized his car and revoked his driving privileges instantly. He had an '01 WS6 with about $10k worth of performance mods. When the cops seized it they even ripped off the door panels looking for NOS bottles.

Ehh, i dont believe that for a second. Maybe Florida laws are lax, but i highly doubt you get your license taken away forever. I was in court a few weeks ago fighting a ticket, and a guy got clocked doing 117 in a 40. He got a $1,000 fine and had to do 24 hours worth of driving classes.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-31-09, 04:47 PM
IL is very strict. If you get more than one ticket before you turn 21 you lose your license until you are 25. I know because I am already on strike 1, strike 2 and you're out.

concorso
10-31-09, 10:04 PM

For for all the Vulva drivers out there, you know who you are,,,, coming to a Total Stop at stop signs, Obeying every speed limit sign (twice a month I bet I go 140) and "tap the brake" everytime you go by an on coming car, THE JIG IS UP! Once we all know you feel the need for a HeartBeat Monitor to be safe in your car, the World knows you to be the ***** you really are :) hehhehe...You really are an idiot. Wow. Is Mike_Nice back?
Lier or braggart? Naw...Ignorant **** is a better description. I feel bad that a Cadillac has to be owned by you...

90Brougham350
10-31-09, 10:05 PM
They are completely devoid of everything a car should be. They have no personality, performance, or styling.

I agree totally, Toyotas really are worthless cars......oh wait, this was a thread about Volvo?

Brian

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
11-01-09, 01:43 AM
Lol Brian, you need to make flybys more often. :)

Stingroo
11-01-09, 02:40 AM
Agreed. Haha.