: V series Challenge

cjwolverine
10-28-09, 08:40 PM
I just had to let you guys know I had my first preview laps at Monticello with some guy named John Heinricy. (sarcasm) I haven't even driven yet and I'm beside myself. The track was soaking wet and we were screaming. I have driven the car fast a handfull of times, but only in a straight line. I'm no fool, I know my level of expertise (zero). I expected to be all over the wet track and this car was amazing on the wet track. I can't wait for the dry track and 55 degrees tomorrow.

The most impressive part for me was a little unplanned slide we went into and John corrected and straightened that sucker out like he was signing his name, effortless! We didn't miss a beat and I was holding on for life.

Caddy runs a first class event. Wish me luck

Chris

neuronbob
10-28-09, 09:26 PM
May I say again, you are a lucky bastage. :)

Do us proud tomorrow! :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg
10-28-09, 09:33 PM
Glad to hear that the track still has good grip when wet. When I was there last Nov for the Driving Lab I was really impressed with the grip in a light rain.
You're right. Cadillac puts on a nice event.
Good luck, but more importantly . . . just have fun.

cjwolverine
10-29-09, 12:25 AM
After flying around that track today, if I went home right now, It would all be worth it. I'm pretty certain, I won't come close to these speeds again, tomorrow or any day in the future. It was such a treat to just hang with all of these designers, techs, engineers, drivers etc. today.

I really am a lucky bastage. I feel like I won the lottery. My buddy, Dave who is a car guy engineer who educated me the entire 9 1/2 hour ride from Michigan to NY says this event is priceless. It made us think, what would you pay to buy this car and hang for 2 days straight with nothing but car guy junkies who developed this car? These guys are as passionate as I've ever seen. Everyone at GM envies their positions in the performance division. Whoops I forgot, the performance division was dissolved. :)

Chris

dvandentop
10-29-09, 12:33 AM
damn sounds like an amazing event!

Nutz
10-29-09, 10:24 AM
I will be switching from to updates on this event all day. Here, and...

Here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3919435&id=95690769922#/cadillac
Up-to-the-minute updates
:drool:

I sure hope you have an in-car video Chris (or at least a friend with a good camera).

RWFJR
10-29-09, 11:36 AM
Excellent!!! Make us proud!

Nutz
10-29-09, 05:07 PM
Looks like Mr. Heinricy has once again answered the competition with a 2:46:56. One hell of a retirement party sir. Congrats!

Now they are doing fun laps. That's cuz it still has brakes.