: Oldsmobile jump vid

Rolex
10-27-09, 03:01 PM
If this guy had a set of Dixie airhorns and yelled YEE HAW out the window this would have been a 10.

I give it 9.5/10 :D:D

3zKSs2vH01Q

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-27-09, 04:01 PM
That is freakin awesome!

Sevillian273
10-27-09, 04:22 PM
Yes!!!!

gdwriter
10-27-09, 04:28 PM
Actually, I think it's an early 80s Buick LeSabre. Bill Hickman would be proud.

00 Deville
10-27-09, 04:28 PM
Reminds me of the time I got air going over the railroad tracks in an Old's Delta 88 with the Rocket 350. I was 15 and invincible... that does look like an old Lesabre.

gdwriter
10-27-09, 04:32 PM
I think I may have gotten air once with the '64 Impala I grew up with going way too fast over a big dip. It was likely only inches, and I don't think the suspension even bottomed out.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-27-09, 05:13 PM
We got close to a foot of air in my friend's '84 Fiero going over some really bad railroad tracks. I damn near shat my pants. Its not the type of car you want to be suspended in above the ground.

V-Eight
10-27-09, 05:51 PM
I got some air in my truck by accident one time. I was heading down a gravel road at about 90-100 and there was a dip that didn't look that big....turns out it was, and I was up in the air for a while lol. Luckily its got stiff enough suspension and a big enough wheel gap that no damage was done.

Stingroo
10-27-09, 05:57 PM
I caught air in my mom's Astro going over this set of railroad tracks that was paved on one side, and dirt on the other. It felt like ages in the air, but in reality the front couldn't have been more than a foot or so off for only a second or two.

NOTE: It was NOT, I repeat NOT the reason that the van needed an alignment soon after. :o

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-09, 06:26 PM
Man I wish I could do something like that. I could probably pull it off in the Regal, but I like that car too much to show it such pain, and the Astro is too slow...and heavy.

the recluse
10-27-09, 07:25 PM
I had a '91 Chevy Corsica that I beat to mess whilst clearing my property.

When I had the grade on my property raised, I brought in 4 loads of fill dirt. (you know where this is going right?)

I tapered one of the mounds to about a 30 to 35 degree angle, unfortunately because of the placement of the fill dirt and the length of driveway I could only get to about 45 before I launched it. I went at least 4 car lengths and a good 12 feet in the air before landing nose first and setting off the air bags (those things hurt; cut my lips a gave me a wicked chemical burn).

In my haste to get out of said car, I left the motor running and the doors automatically lock when you leave...had to get a golf club to get back in...fun days...fun car...:sneaky:

Stingroo
10-27-09, 07:28 PM
Nice one. lol Fill dirt is your friend!

the recluse
10-27-09, 08:30 PM
Yeah, here's the car before we sent it to the junk yard.

It didn't want to go, it had bad brakes (leaky ABS) and a blown head gasket, but refused to die. I got it hung up on a tree root and couldn't move it. The nose of the tow truck that came to get it was a good 18 inches off the ground before the root broke and freed the car...funny as anything :D

Jonas McFeely
10-27-09, 10:52 PM
I knew this guy when i was around 14 that had an Eclipse GS-T Spyder. I had gotten fairly "acquainted" with his sister and for some reason, he thought that was just A-OK. One morning he picked me and my buddy up just to go drive around and skip school.

Im not sure at what point in the day this happened, but we got on one of the many lonely two lane roads in rural Winter Springs. This road in particular had those big, long speed "humps". We hit one doing about 60mph and got the nose off the ground a good foot or two. I thought he destroyed the front end, but no, it was just fine.

Ahh yes, to be 14 again...

Hey Chad, i say a Regal GSE today at a Sam's Club. I had never seen one before. Whats the difference between the GSE and the GS?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-09, 11:39 PM
Hey Chad, i say a Regal GSE today at a Sam's Club. I had never seen one before. Whats the difference between the GSE and the GS?

If I'm not mistaken, the GSE was sort of a "higher" GS. It was only available for a year or two (00-02?) and had all of the options that the GS had, plus heated leather seats and sunroof, standard. Maybe a rear spoiler too, I can't remember. Did that one have a rear spoiler? Most of the GSE's I've seen are black with the dark grey lower body. Was that how that one was painted?

They did an LSE as well too, and that was the same except no supercharger.

ga_etc
10-28-09, 12:49 AM
The first time I went to St. Petersberg on vacation I rented at car. That car turned out to be a 2008 Kia Rhondo V6. Ugly little ****er but it only had 1600 miles on it when I picked it up. Had it for a week and drove the piss out of it. There is a hill in St. Pete that is just outside of downtown that the locals call "thrill hill". The speed limit is 35 mph. I topped it doing about 45 mph. When you top the hill the road disappears. All four tires left the pavement. Not a whole lot of air but still fun as hell and had two people in the car, lol.

Aron9000
10-28-09, 01:12 AM
I can't tell you how many times we took my buddy's 1985ish lifted Suburban(it had a worked over 454 under the hood too) over the railroad tracks. You went up a steep hill going towards these tracks, so it was almost like a plataue drop off going the one direction. That heavy ass truck would become completely airborne for a few seconds, I swear it got like a foot of air. What made it more fun is that we were all 16/17 at the time and you could fit 7 dudes in there.

Stingroo
10-28-09, 07:46 AM
I think this thread should be called "Car Jumping Stories - Featuring Olds. Vid." lol

Jonas McFeely
10-28-09, 03:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the GSE was sort of a "higher" GS. It was only available for a year or two (00-02?) and had all of the options that the GS had, plus heated leather seats and sunroof, standard. Maybe a rear spoiler too, I can't remember. Did that one have a rear spoiler? Most of the GSE's I've seen are black with the dark grey lower body. Was that how that one was painted?

They did an LSE as well too, and that was the same except no supercharger.

This one was a dark forest green with a gray/silver lower body. Had the black GSE on the rear and a "Supercharged" emblem on the trunk. Had the chrome "turbine" wheels. No spoiler. Older woman driving it. Very, very nice condition. I was going to snap a picture, but by the time i was in my car, she had driven off.

Im starting to really like these Regal GS's. I guess its in my blood. My dad had '65 GS 401 and a '73 Stage 1 GS. My grandfather exclusively drove Buick's up until the late 70's.

Oh, and i saw a burgundy RHD Wrangler on my way back to work today. Rick would have shit his pants.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-09, 06:41 PM
This one was a dark forest green with a gray/silver lower body. Had the black GSE on the rear and a "Supercharged" emblem on the trunk. Had the chrome "turbine" wheels. No spoiler. Older woman driving it. Very, very nice condition. I was going to snap a picture, but by the time i was in my car, she had driven off.

Im starting to really like these Regal GS's. I guess its in my blood. My dad had '65 GS 401 and a '73 Stage 1 GS. My grandfather exclusively drove Buick's up until the late 70's.

Ironically enough, I saw two of those GSE's today. One was white, the other was black.

Oh, and i saw a burgundy RHD Wrangler on my way back to work today. Rick would have shit his pants.

I saw a RHD '79 Land Cruiser today. Go figure.

"G$"
10-28-09, 09:46 PM
Reminds me of the time I got air going over the railroad tracks in an Old's Delta 88 with the Rocket 350. I was 15 and invincible... that does look like an old Lesabre.

I used to know a kid who died and killed his passenger jumping railroad tracks back in 1999.

V-Eight
10-28-09, 10:54 PM
Did he go of them sideways and roll or something?

bierman.d
10-29-09, 01:04 AM
Holy hell that was fast!

All you guys have these cool airborne stories... makes me want to do some of my own!
After all, I am particularly good at doing things I see others do :icecream:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-29-09, 01:21 AM
^ :histeric:

Stingroo
10-29-09, 01:24 AM
Oh my god. I'm pretty sure I just lost my appetite for breakfast tomorrow... and it's French toast day too! :(

bierman.d
10-29-09, 01:36 AM
Sorry man.. if it makes you feel any better, I only did it once.

Enjoy your French Toast!

Aron9000
10-29-09, 03:35 AM
Sorry man.. if it makes you feel any better, I only did it once.

Enjoy your French Toast!

:suspense::histeric::suspense::histeric::suspense: :histeric:

"G$"
10-29-09, 07:18 AM
Did he go of them sideways and roll or something?

He just went pretty high up in the air because the trajectory was too steep off the train tracks he jumped and came down on the cars nose and I think missed the road to the left because he didn't keep the steering wheel straight. He was the year before me class of 97 highschool and the kid he killed as behind me class of 99.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill though. That's an awesome video, but risky and people shouldn't go out trying it.

Night Wolf
11-01-09, 08:33 PM
Back in NY when I was 16/17, I jumped all 3 of my first cars - '93 Coupe DeVille, '79 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance and '89 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Royale. All on the same stretch of road.

Most noteably, my first wheelin trip with the Jeep back in March. I kept bottoming out on the xfer case skid plate, 1st gear, 4-low was so low, that as soon as the tires broke free, the RPM would redline and I was stuck, finally one last try before I was going to be pulled out, I decided to throw it in 2nd gear, 4-low and floor it(which tops out at 15mph). I waas just trying to "bump" it over the ledge, but all I saw inside was blue sky, heard a loud "WOOOOAAAHHHHHHH" from everyone standing outside, then only saw the ground as I came down. All stock, on the worn out 45k All-Terrains that came with the Jeep. You can see where the skid was digging into the ground. This is how I got the nickname "Jump" with GATR. (Note: dirt packed in/falling from skid plate)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Jeep/misc-1/Bumpit.jpg

That same thing happened a few times. Those stock Wrangler GS-A tires had no off-road traction, and the sidewalls would flex so much when aired down, the Jeep lost alot of ground clearance (which made the belly plate hang up more)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Wheelin/River%20Rock%205-09/5-30-09067.jpg

No shittting of the pants here. RHD TJ's could be bought in the US, they were mostly sold/bought as postal vehicles in rural areas. It was kinda creepy tho, I was driving up to ATL one time, I was in the middle lane and I saw a TJ coming up on the right lane, so I looked.... but didn't see anyone driving.... I didn't actually understand until I got a chance to pull up on the passenger side. Not only was it a RHD TJ cruzin 80-85mph, but by a grey haired old lady that should be in a Cadillac, I thought it was cause for some epic camera phone pics. She didn't return the Jeep wave tho :(

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Jeep/misc-1/IMG00005-oldladyRHDTJ.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Jeep/misc-1/IMG00004-oldladyRHDTJ.jpg

tman2093
11-02-09, 02:53 AM
I got air at age 16 or 17 in a 94 Buick Park Ave going over some train tracks ont he way to school. The girls who were behind me told me it was awesome, but I was scared sh**less.

V-Eight
11-02-09, 11:18 PM
Here's a version with one of your criteria.

YC557z-dE60 hotlinked by Rolex

Rolex
11-03-09, 03:34 PM
Here's a version with one of your criteria.

YC557z-dE60 hotlinked by Rolex

Still missing the yee haw but I like your style. :cool2: