: Charity

majax
08-02-04, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know of a good charity I can give like 20 dollars cash to. Cause I already had one lined up and they sent me the envelope to mail back but i didnt get stamps in time to meet the mail in date.

Elvis
08-02-04, 05:41 PM
You could paypal it to me.

ben72227
08-02-04, 06:03 PM
Hmmm....Red Cross, Salvation Army, Goodwill....Thats all i can think of...

Msilva954
08-02-04, 07:05 PM
The Human Fund.

daacon
08-02-04, 07:21 PM
The Human Fund.

hahah Costanza'ism I like it !!!!

How about me ? I am human (most times)

Ralph
08-02-04, 07:28 PM
I recommend instead of a charity, going up to a poor person and saying you will buy them a hamburger, coffee, etc. If they say no, they don't really need it. One time a panhandler asked me for some spare change for a coffee. I said, I'll go with you and buy you a coffee. He walked away. :rolleyes2

The reason I say to give the money directly to a needy person is because large charity organizations, as good as their purpose may be, waste a lot of money (40% or more ie. United Way) on administration fees, salaries, lawyers, etc. Your dollar can go further by direct involvement IMO. I guess you can't claim it on income tax then?

majax
08-02-04, 07:39 PM
I dont tell the state about my income so I dont have to pay anyways im 15. The only problem is there are no poor people on the streets in my wonderful town of 21,000. Of course maybe there are some starving college students at the UI (University of Idaho).

Brett
08-02-04, 09:34 PM
im with ralph, thats why i like giving clothes to salvation army or goodwill, at least you know its gonna go to somebody...instead of lining the pockets of the corporate officers of so called not-for-profits.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-02-04, 10:20 PM
i never give to charity ..havent for years

Seems i always have a fireind that needs it more than someone who wouldnt appricate it ....

Just last week a buddie of mine had a baby , he dont make much money (same as my 5.15 per hour) so i got a crapload of baby clothes diapers and all that kinda stuff ,helped him change his oil and tried to fix the A/C in his second car , but a bad compressor stopped me..maybe if i come across i cheap unit for a 94 "s" truck ill do it

Msilva954
08-02-04, 10:36 PM
hahah Costanza'ism I like it !!!!

How about me ? I am human (most times)

:shhh: :shhh: Dont Give it away :shhh: :shhh:

Ill let you in on it. :coolgleam

majax
08-03-04, 03:23 AM
i never give to charity ..havent for years

Seems i always have a friend that needs it more than someone who wouldnt appricate it ....

Just last week a buddie of mine had a baby , he dont make much money (same as my 5.15 per hour) so i got a crapload of baby clothes diapers and all that kinda stuff ,helped him change his oil and tried to fix the A/C in his second car , but a bad compressor stopped me..maybe if i come across i cheap unit for a 94 "s" truck ill do it

That is better than any charity.

Ralph
08-03-04, 03:41 AM
im with ralph, thats why i like giving clothes to salvation army or goodwill, at least you know its gonna go to somebody...instead of lining the pockets of the corporate officers of so called not-for-profits.

Brett!! A new SRX! What color?! Is it every bit as good as the Lexus. (say yes)

Elvis
08-03-04, 10:49 AM
I've seen too many people who probably DIDN'T need help raiding those Goodwill trailers they put in shopping mall parking lots. Really pisses me off. Make sure your stuff gets checked in by a certified employee.