: trivial, annoying window problem

nok
10-26-09, 11:57 PM
Jeez I hate to go to the dealer and whine about this: when my driver's side window is anything but all the way down and I tell the voice recognition system to "close all windows" the window almost closes and then goes back down halfway. I tried "relearning" (per the owner's manual) it many times but it still misbehaves. The express up feature with the switch works fine on this window, just not the voice recognition thing. Any thoughts before I go to GM?
Thanks,
Nok

Redxped1
10-27-09, 01:00 AM
wait you can close the windows useing the voice recognition?

Florian
10-27-09, 01:23 AM
yes, as well as open them all, too.

F

meekna
10-27-09, 07:33 AM
Wow, didn't know all that.. what else can I tell it to do, drive me home?

adamhw
10-27-09, 09:46 AM
I've had similar problems, more often on back windows when trying to close all of them. Almost always left with one open. It works better for me with voice, but that seems more painful to do sometimes.
This was a problem on two of my cars. I never asked the dealer about it, although I do remember reading similar posts in the past, I don't remember the results.

Berger 93
10-27-09, 11:30 AM
I got tired of . . . "Pardon?" . . . . Recently got onto a kick of playing with voice recog . . . but usually wind up yelling at myself . . .

try2k
11-07-09, 08:53 AM
I have the save problem as BERGER 93. Pardon, Pardon....Command not recognized. Gave upp on it a long time ago. The changing of radio stations seems to work a whole lot better with voice though. I wish they would use the same system as the ON-STAR, that system' voice command seems to work much better.

silverws6ta
11-07-09, 12:07 PM
I have the save problem as BERGER 93. Pardon, Pardon....Command not recognized. Gave upp on it a long time ago. The changing of radio stations seems to work a whole lot better with voice though. I wish they would use the same system as the ON-STAR, that system' voice command seems to work much better.

Have you had your firmware updated in your navigation unit? I have posted the full TSB for this a couple times in the past.

Here is the process for checking your version:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/95721-nav-screen-diagnostic-mode-instructions.html

This is the latest:

- Navigation system software version = 0FC1

- Audio system software version = 010C

Berger 93
11-09-09, 06:06 PM
I gave up asking dealerships about TSB's . . . The dear in headlights look was just too annoying . . . what???? . . . even more annoying than the car saying "Pardon?" . . . I can't tell you how much money I would PAY to have a QUALITY dealership near my house . . .

Redxped1
11-09-09, 06:45 PM
I gave up asking dealerships about TSB's . . . The dear in headlights look was just too annoying . . . what???? . . . even more annoying than the car saying "Pardon?" . . . I can't tell you how much money I would PAY to have a QUALITY dealership near my house . . .

same here the dealer i liked going to that act had no problems with they lost cadillac

Bee iLL
11-11-09, 03:36 PM

I've had the same experience with Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg. Have you tried taking it to Naperville Cadillac? I think Bob said he has good luck with them. I also had a pleasant experience with Heritage Cadillac, but I think that was mainly due to the fact I purchased my STS-V from them. What dealerships have you tried?

Berger 93
11-12-09, 12:34 PM
What dealerships have you tried?

Patrick . . and won't ever go back . . . even to consider buying a car.

Bought mine from Northbrook but that is a haul to get to . . .

Currently all my service gets done at Gary Lang, in McHenry. I know someone that works there, and she takes care of all my cars. . . . Now the bigger question is will she give me my V back . . .? :lol:

MacMuse
11-12-09, 04:13 PM
I've had the same experience with Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg. Have you tried taking it to Naperville Cadillac? I think Bob said he has good luck with them. I also had a pleasant experience with Heritage Cadillac, but I think that was mainly due to the fact I purchased my STS-V from them. What dealerships have you tried?

Dang - no love from Patrick? I considered visiting them after a couple bad early experiences at Heritage. My last two trips to Heritage were OK, and I finally got a decent loaner (DTS) after a previous visit resulted in a Cobalt loaner!

I'm about to enter the CPO portion of my coverage as I'm at 47K+ miles.

bobs-sts-v
11-13-09, 12:32 PM
Only place I will go is Naperville. In just last week to have the winter tires swapped on, and I complained about the appearance of one of the OEM rims. For some reason it turned black?! Other 3 are perfectly fine. New one on order, covered under warranty, no questions asked. Never had a problem with these guys, and I don't expect to. They really seem to know what they are doing - they should - they sell quite a few V's.

Bob

Heath
11-16-09, 08:56 PM
My voice command has NEVER understood anything I or anyone else says to it. IT is by FAR the poorest excuse for a voice system ever. On another note the one in my Platinum F-150 works FLAWLESSLY. IT understands every name in my phonebook and ask whick number to dial, work, home, cell, etc..

meekna
11-17-09, 07:49 AM
I've noticed that if you wait for the beep after the system speaks, the understanding rate it drastically improved, it can't talk and listen.

Heath
11-17-09, 10:16 AM
I always wait for the beep. What is the exact command you use for the windows? I remember seeing a command list in the nav menu one time, I just dont remember how to get there again, and I dont have a nav user manual.

meekna
11-18-09, 07:42 AM
"windows up" or "windows down"