: 2004 dhs starting problem

99blackknight
10-25-09, 02:24 PM
I have a 2004 dhs that at first just cranked and cranked til it finally started but now it just clicks doesn't do anything was getting ready to do the fuel pressure regulator but seems I have bigger probs now does anyone know where the starter is located?do you think its that and not the switch? Any help would be appreciated

chacenbra
10-25-09, 03:20 PM
Its located under the plenum.

Remove the beauty cover, and you will see the black intake section that rests between the heads & valve covers (this is the plenum), I believe its 6 or 8 bolts to remove this and you will see the starter sitting down in the "valley" of the motor.

99blackknight
10-25-09, 03:47 PM
I went out there and put the battery charger for like twenty minutes and it started right up hopefully its just the battery will get it checked out tomorrow

99blackknight
10-25-09, 03:54 PM
I will take in to the dealer to check that fuel pressure issue we already replaced the fuel pump this car is cherry 50k mile barely so don't want to get rid of it

Ranger
10-25-09, 04:39 PM
Its located under the plenum.

Remove the beauty cover, and you will see the black intake section that rests between the heads & valve covers (this is the plenum), I believe its 6 or 8 bolts to remove this and you will see the starter sitting down in the "valley" of the motor.
On most cars that is the plenum. On the 2000+ Northstar the "plenum" is the rubber coupler between the TB and the intake manifold, which is what you are describing.

chacenbra
10-25-09, 11:31 PM
Thanks alot for that Ranger you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge. Ive learned so much from reading your posts, and for this I genuinely thank you.