: Mary Kay Cadillacs

majax
08-02-04, 06:37 AM
what was the Mary Kay cadillacs all about they had that pink color and what not when did they stop doin that? Also when did they start? I think i saw 1 mary kay Deville a few years ago.

Sandy
08-02-04, 01:31 PM
Basically very quickly & brief, (I owned one - a 1988). Mary Kay Pink, is actually Cadillac's 1956 & 1957 paint color "Mountain Laurel". Mary Kay Ash of Mary Kay Cosmetics of Dallas, Tx founded the company and in 1978 began giving her highest achievers in cosmetic sales a Coupe DeVille painted in that color, which her company bought the rights to. NOBODY welse can have/use that color, similiar to UPS Brown. From 1978 to the present 2004 the highest achievers receive Sedan DeVilles every other year, as long as they meet their sales objectives. District manages got Eldorados or Sevilles and Regional directors got Allantes. Around 550-650 a year are given out. They are leased and when they go back to leasing companies, part of the "deal" is that they get re-painted, normally white, to cover the pink. A white sedan deville with light grey interior is frequently a former speciman. IF you see one 3 years old, or older, and it's pink, the person bought it from M.K. for personal use, such as a 2nd car. Right now they are driving 2003 & 2004 sedan de villes and Sevillles. Those with 2003s will be getting 2005s come December.
They have to work excedingly hard and be 100% dedicated and luckey to achieve the lofty levels to obtain & keep those cars. They are aslo in Canada, I beleive. When she was alive, I received personal letters from her and pictures of her pink mansion and her 1993 Sixty Special ( :) ) - One other thing. Mary Kay had said that OTHER companies give you a trophy, Mary Kay Cosmetics gives you a trophy-on-wheels for all the world to see, rather than take home and put on a shelf to gather dust.

Ralph
08-02-04, 04:35 PM
I did see one here Sandy, last week while getting groceries. It was parked but didn't go for a closer look. It was about a 2002 or 3 Deville. It even had a Mary Kay front liscense plate. A nice color, but I think mine is about as pink as I want to go.

sidenote: while looking at car dealerships yeaterday, people at the BMW dealership came up to me and asked about my color. They commented and were very courteous, especially for BMW customers. :p :hmm:

Msilva954
08-02-04, 08:11 PM
Its funny, how the other day the parents and I were talking about the Mary Kay cadillacs........you happen to see alot of them in the South Florida area.......yet once in a while its an old man driving it, with his old wife in the back seat.

Sandy
08-02-04, 08:33 PM
It's possible, yet difficult. You need to meet a M.K. sales rep (as I did) and tell he or she that you'd like to buy their car, off lease. They will wanna make enough on you to retire in Hawaii (beware). They will then purchase their trophy-on-wheels at lease end, and then put it in their name & title it, and then sell it to you, at a husky mark-up. Then you get it & put it in your name. I had a beautiful 1988 Sedan deVille. I took it an added Vogue WWs Appliance Wire Wheels and chrome wheel arch mouldings, and a leather wrapped steering wheel from a 1989 (same wheel, but then leather wrapped), and it was a ultra low mileage car (14,000) after two years) and was MINT. Gift to wife for 6th wedding anniversary ! :worship:

majax
08-02-04, 08:45 PM
yet once in a while its an old man driving it, with his old wife in the back seat.

:helpless: thats sad. :rolleyes2

Sandy
08-02-04, 09:13 PM
Here's a photo of my wife's 6th Anniversry gift, a 2-year old Mary Kay DeVille, as said, I added the Appliance wire wheels (genuine) and Vogues.

http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/4/43979/179078/paddy-vi.jpg
http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/4/43979/179078/sandycaddy-vi.jpg

Msilva954
08-02-04, 11:41 PM
:helpless: thats sad. :rolleyes2

Tell me about it.......

Sandy that is quite some car you had there.....I cant get enough of Vogues...(Did I mention I just got 2 brand new ones for$150) those wires are mighty nice too........when you drove it I bet you felt like a Pimp......and you liked it too. :shhh: I wont tell.

Ralph
08-03-04, 12:04 AM
Here's a photo of my wife's 6th Anniversry gift, a 2-year old Mary Kay DeVille, as said, I added the Appliance wire wheels (genuine) and Vogues.

http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/4/43979/179078/paddy-vi.jpg
http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/4/43979/179078/sandycaddy-vi.jpg

Nice car, but it looks yellow on my monitor.

Sandy
08-03-04, 12:20 AM
Ralph, adjust your color!! :helpless:

No, I didn't feel like a pimp (however THAT feels) ~ but I did have one funny experience. Pulled up to a red light. Next to me were 3 kids (male) in a Civic (a la 1992) and they glanced over, then turned away & then looked back real quickly. Then they began pointing at the car and laughing!

Here's the punch line..
The two guys in the front seat had bright orange hair and the guy in the back had blue hair with a bright green (lime) streak down the middle....and they were laughing at me!! DUH. That picture was taken the weej we got it. The following week, I put on the 4 wide chrome wheel archs like on your car. No pics of that :rolleyes2 Interior was maroon cloth. Just about zero options, as all M.K. cars get just about nothing. Base car, base equipment.

1toycad
08-05-04, 01:47 PM

They look salmon on both my work and home monitors :confused:

Msilva954
08-05-04, 10:11 PM
My moniter is 7 yrs old and it looks right to me............you guys have yours set too bright.

ben72227
08-06-04, 01:40 AM

It looks salmon colored on my monitor as well. Ralph, your monitor must be out of wack.

1toycad
08-06-04, 01:54 PM
My moniter is 7 yrs old and it looks right to me............you guys have yours set too bright.

Your monitor is too old...get a new one. :lildevil:

Just kidding man. :coolgleam

My work monitor is a CRT, my home one is a Sony LCD. I looked at the pics in other monitors and the still looked salmon too.

No big deal, though. I think we all got the point. Besides, the MK "pink" was not a hot pink kind of pink anyway, so it may show up a little "salmoney" on monitors.

My local dealer had a pink Caddy a few years back. He said it was from a cancelled special order. I asked him why would anyone buy a pink Caddy and he said it is because that's what Elvis used to buy for his mama so people have a strange affection for the pink Caddies.

I think the dealer was just pulling my legs.

Me, I prefer pink flamingos...

Sandy
08-06-04, 03:50 PM
Me? I love pink cars!! (Light Pink, Please! - - Not HOT Pink). It's IN YA FACE! Hey...Mine's PINK! I bought my wife that Pink DeVille for our 6th Anniversary. One of the A-Hole neighbors said to her, WHY PINK? Wife said, "We like it" - Neighbor said: Pink?? Wife said: ...and WHAT color Cadillac did your hubby buy you?? :lildevil:

I also had a Pink Lincoln!!! We'd park 'em both in the driveway, side-by-side and slow down traffic on our street. It was fun fun fun. Now? Now I am old, and have a silver-green Town Car. Have fun when young! :bouncy:

Msilva954
08-06-04, 03:58 PM
Any magenta cars out there???? ahah.

Wish I had the money this young to go out and buy Pink Cadillacs at my will......hahahah...lol

Wicho
08-12-04, 05:47 PM
The other day I was at the local shopping center when I see a 97-99 deville in pink. It wasn't a hot pink but a blueish fading pink color. I was thinking it could be a pearl white but have never seen a caddy that color. I actually went out of my way and followed that car on foot to see it a little better but the car was leaving. Anyone know what color what is ?

Sandy
08-12-04, 07:04 PM
Mary Kay Pink (Mountain Laurel) from 1956 & 1957 Cadillac, is very, very light pink, and has alot of off white or pastel beige in it. In the evening, in actually looks MORE pink than in natural sunlight. On this site, go to Cadillac Pictures and then to ALLANTE. About the 3rd or 4th pic down is an Allante Car Show. The front car, on the left is the color. In that pic, it's true to life.
Msilvia, when I was 16, my transportation was SHOES and bus tickets. On a special date or event, a year later (in NJ we get driver's license at 17) I got to take Mom's Imperial. You are waaay ahead of me at 16. I was waiting for the 32-crosstown ! I'll give you my '93 Sixty Special *AND* my 4,000 mile new '03 Town Car **IF** you can make me 16 again, but be aware....you'll then become my age of 57. Deal ??

Msilva954
08-12-04, 11:33 PM
Sandy they just had the news down here filming in Key west for the Hurricane........they have a cab company down there with Mary Kay Pink Mercury Grand Marquis.

majax
08-13-04, 01:58 AM
I'll give you my '93 Sixty Special *AND* my 4,000 mile new '03 Town Car **IF** you can make me 16 again, but be aware....you'll then become my age of 57. Deal ??

you okay about 57 I'm sure it aint that bad, cheer up. I have only seen One mary kay cadillac in my life and it was out by the mall it was a '96 Deville. And I think it had a mary kay emblem on it.

I know this is off topic but im really curious, Sandy, last month I saw pretty much my dream DeVille(even though I like em all) it was a '92 or '93 DeVille Touring Sedan and it was BLACK WITH THE GOLD PACKAGE!!AHHHHH:D. How rare is that car and shot there are like 23,000 in my town?

majax
08-13-04, 01:59 AM
I'll give you my '93 Sixty Special *AND* my 4,000 mile new '03 Town Car **IF** you can make me 16 again, but be aware....you'll then become my age of 57. Deal ??

you okay about 57 I'm sure it aint that bad, cheer up. I have only seen One mary kay cadillac in my life and it was out by the mall it was a '96 Deville. And I think it had a mary kay emblem on it.

I know this is off topic but im really curious, Sandy, last month I saw pretty much my dream DeVille(even though I like em all) it was a '92 or '93 DeVille Touring Sedan and it was BLACK WITH THE GOLD PACKAGE!!AHHHHH:D. How rare is that car and shot there are like 23,000 people in my town?

JohnnyO
08-13-04, 11:18 AM
Off topic, but I'm told that the only way to get a white Harley is if you're a cop or a Shriner.

Msilva954
08-13-04, 11:37 AM
There is a seinfeld episode with a 70's Mary Kay eldorado in it...............its the episode with the prostitution parking lot....where Kramer becomes a pimp.

Sandy
08-13-04, 03:15 PM
I saw that show on TV, and it's not a Mary Kay car. The very first year for the Mary Kay cars was 1979, when 80 cars were ordered. They were all Coupe deVilles, with white landau roofs and white leather. Just because a Cadillac is "pink" does NOT a Mary Kay car make it
There have been a few rumors of a couple hands-full of 1978 2-door sedan base model Mustang IIs made for company, white white vinyl interior & roof. But, I have never been able to prove or dis-prove this. Prior to that possibility, NO Mary Kay cars !! Mary Kay Pink (Mountain Laurel) bears DuPont/Ditzler Paint Code 70748 on 1988 & prior Caddies and 73365 on 1989 & newer Caddies.

Sandy
08-13-04, 03:25 PM
MaJax, here you go:-

The Touring Sedan bowed in MID-1991 (Feb.) and they made 1,500 pre-spec examples, of which 360 were Sable Black.

1992 was its first FULL model-year. 1,888 were completed. 368 were Sable Black. It accounted for 1.42% of total "C" body production.

Back one last time, for 1993 (with air bag) 1,033 were made. 172 in Sable Black. It accounted for 16.7% of total "C"-Body production that year.

Any Gold Ornamentation package was dealer installed. That package was a N.A. (Not Available) Item in combination with the Touring Sedan model.

Msilva954
08-13-04, 04:24 PM
Sandy, I know you know your Mary Kays but the show specificly said its a Mary Kay car.................Could it have been a Coupe Deville...........

I believe it was a repaint and they just said it was a mary kay car.......cuz you know what your talking about.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-14-04, 12:26 PM
we have some odd duck Mary K cars out here , none are pink ....

Next door there is a mary k 2004 Grand Prix , all pontiac's badgeing was stripped from a standard grey outside and inside grand prix se . In the place of the stock badgeing is script in hot pink with mary k logos

Also up the street is a 2000 Grand Am SE , very stock with added round black emblems with gold script saying "mary k edition"

Msilva954
08-14-04, 01:05 PM
http://www.paynesvillearea.com/News/HeadlinesArticles/archives/060403/art/liesercarpic.jpg

Sandy
08-14-04, 01:32 PM
You are 100% correct!!!!!!!!
Beginning with 2000, for reasons I am not sure of, Mark Kay is giving more cars.

Level I = a bright red Grand Am (2004) 4-Dr. with black oval-shaped front fender badge, black background, gold script, chrome edging, says Mary Kay Edition.
Level II = Silver Metallic Grand Prixs. Front fender has ugly too big decal in HOT pink that says Mary Kay SIGNATURE SERIES, and some really dumb looking pink sticker or decal in the center of the taillamps that's pink & siver. Very small, size of a paper book of matches. I have seen 4 of these, and on all 4 that rear sticker between the taillamps was allready suffering from curlled edge syndrome. I did see 2004 pink deVilles, but I am wondering if they'll be any 2005s. Seems to me like GM is now refusing to special paint their cars.