LS1Mike
10-22-09, 06:51 PM
Good-bye Lebaron hello Regal.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ctd/1430335444.html
65,420 miles.
Fully loaded minus sun roof.
$5000.00 out the door.
Runs flawless. Mike is happy.
Just go it today. I will pick it up tomorrow.

ryannel2003
10-22-09, 07:25 PM
Nice! These are really great cars. Can't wait to see more pictures :D

V-Eight
10-22-09, 07:31 PM
Very nize

orconn
10-22-09, 07:39 PM
What can I say, 1 billion Chinese can't bew wrong!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-22-09, 08:34 PM
Someone rang?

I love it! They look great in the white/grey color combo. If it were me, I'd add the newer style chrome wheels or standard 6 spoke wheels (like mine) and the optional spoiler as well. I'd add the spoiler to mine, but money's tight and they've been discontinued by GM, so they're increasingly hard to find. On another note, it's equipped like mine....almost fully loaded aside from the moonroof and heated seats. Do you have the Monsoon system?

It'll be interesting to see what you do as far as mods go. I'm waiting to follow in your footsteps.
Come to think of it, I don't think mine has moved since Monday. It's time to run. :)

chacenbra
10-22-09, 08:52 PM
Very nice car!

I have a 2000 Buick Century "Millenium Edition" It has chrome DTS (I think) wheels that look great! If your looking for a wheel mod, I would definatly look into it.

billc83
10-22-09, 09:39 PM
I fear this will soon be the Buick forum.

Congrats on the purchase, Mike!

RightTurn
10-22-09, 10:03 PM
Very nice, Mike. :yup:

bierman.d
10-22-09, 11:36 PM
Nice find! $5,000 is a steal.
Sleeper car :)

Jonas McFeely
10-23-09, 12:08 AM
Slap a set of these bad boys on it. I always wanted to put these on my old '96 Lumina.

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/specimg/4553%20c817F4.jpg

gdwriter
10-23-09, 12:48 AM
Excellent choice, Mike. I drove Chad's when I was in Minneapolis, and when you put the transmission in Sport mode (or whatever it's called), the response is fantastic. It should make for an excellent daily driver.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-23-09, 02:05 AM
Dang, you got a steal of a deal. Congrats.

LS1Mike
10-23-09, 02:48 AM
Thanks all!
It runs so nice. I pick it up tomorrow, Won't have pictures until next week as I am going out of town.
Now the Trans Am will stay parked for most of the time. I have always loved the Buick GS and the Grand Prix GTP. They are usually a lot of car for the money.

Not sure if I will do anything to it. It is nice to have an unmolested car.:D
However, in my garage is a set of headers, a smaller pulley and a CAI.
Time will tell.

What suprised me was there was no wind noise and it was much quieter than my GTP was. The brakes as with any GS/GTP need the LS1 upgrade which maybe the only thing I do to it.
As for as Comfort, well it makes the WS6 feel like a choppy uncomfortable turd.

I shed one lone tear for the Lebaron 1 year, 3 months and 14,000 miles.
It is a nice clean good running car. The gave 1200 bucks for it!!! Nice.

LS1Mike
10-23-09, 07:55 PM
Got it home. The deal didn't change 5000 bucks and the Lebaron. Runs very smooth. As I was driving home I realized it is the quietest car I have ever owned. Probably in the Top three of the quiets cars I have ever been in. I am going to change the oil, have the transmission serviced, install a tranny cooler and have the tires balanced. One of them is missing a weight.
Something the Buick has the the GTP didn't is a boost gauge. It is pretty cool. It also has the Monsoon which for a stock system does just fine in this car.

I am staying stock for right now. It is just nice to have a smooth riding, comfortable car for daily driving duties. Even my wife likes this one.
With 65,000 miles I shouldn't have any problem seeing 200,000.

bierman.d
10-23-09, 08:06 PM
Haha I love your comparison of the TrAm to a "choppy, unconfortable turd." LOL I now know we can relate to each other.

Jesda
10-23-09, 08:12 PM
That's a fine looking car, I must say.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-24-09, 01:35 AM
While I don't remember much of a difference in noise between the GS and GTP (not really something I paid attention to), I do remember the GTP riding a bit firmer than the GS, especially over small expansion joints and potholes. Also, the GS has much better seats. They're soft and deep, whereas the GTP's seats are firm and shallow.

What made you go with the GS over a similar GTP? Just something new..?

LS1Mike
10-26-09, 11:02 AM
Chad,
This happened to be the best deal going and really it dosen't feel much different then my GTP did. Buick uses sound damping when attaching suspension parts to the car that is why it is quieter. Plus it matches the Trans Am...:halo:

I put 480 miles on it this weekend and it ran flawless. 28.9 mpg. I changed the oil and flushed the coolant system, It was starting to get some dexcool build up. I got most of the crud out. I will do it again in a year. The cap was bad allowing for low coolant and air in the system.
This week I will do the transmission fluid and add the transmission cooler. The Fluid is clean, but I like to know when all the fluids have been done.

I managed to break the radiator drain plug so I have to wait for one to come in in 2 days. It is a 1/2 turn type plug. It is not threaded. I turned it too far and broke the retaining pin off of it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-26-09, 08:20 PM
28.9 MPG is very good. The best I ever got was 28.3.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
10-26-09, 08:47 PM
Damn. I thought getting 23 out of the Lincoln was good.