: High mileage oils

Dadillac
10-21-09, 07:35 PM
My N*, like many others, uses and loses oil. My oil leaks are minor and come from the half case and the oil pan. Never dropping oil on the driveway (well maybe a little). Just wondering if anyone has gone to using the various high mileage oils that are on the market. I do not use synthetic and will not use it, Plain old dino oil is good for me. Has using this type of oil lessened these types of leaks. Adding oil is a nuisance that I wish i didn't have to do. If the high mileage oil will curtail that some I would like to give it a try. Thanks

Don

Submariner409
10-21-09, 08:16 PM
Nothing wrong with trying a "High Mileage", "Truck/SUV" or some sort of equivalent blend - and BTW, synthetic will leak no faster or less than conventional oils - matter of fact, some blends have higher additive package loads that conventionals..........

I run Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic, my engine is as dry as a bone on the outside, and I get 4,000+ miles to the quart, highway and WOT included.

Ranger
10-21-09, 10:26 PM
I thought they fixed that halfcase leak problem by '02.

JohnnyO
11-03-09, 12:50 PM
High mileage oils allegedly condition the seals but have no effect on gaskets.
I use Max Life in my mother's '99 Eldorado even though it does not have high mileage because the oil consumption is noticeably less with it.