: V Coupe or GTR or Z06??

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-21-09, 11:59 AM
Before the Coupe V's come out I wanted to make my decision so I can be ready to pull the trigger day one (after test drive of course).

A

They are all good cars and have similar performance:
- Z06, proven and can get good deals and modded (maggied) or stock makes for a really fun car.

- GTR Damn nice car but a bit more $$ than the rest.

- CTS-V Coupe Price is not known but should be in the same ball park as the rest.

My uses for the car picked, spirited daily driver, some track days, and modified (Z06 modified day one)

Thoughts? Concerns? Suggestions?

Razorecko
10-21-09, 12:04 PM
do you prefer a manual or an auto ?

musclesbmf
10-21-09, 01:24 PM
totally different cars....
I had a Z06 of which I traded on the V. Some days I regret it and other days I don't. I've been contemplating on getting another Z06, but want to wait to see the final Coupe design. If it looks good, I will "upgrade" to that. If it doesn't here comes another Z or maybe a Viper. Who knows, but I hope the Detroit Auto show displays the V coupe.

As for performace, the V cannot hang with either of the 2 cars you listed unless you mod it up pretty good.

Thanks,
Mark

NeedCTS-v
10-21-09, 02:11 PM
For me, I'd stay away from the GTR if only due to the maintenance issues I've heard about. It is not a cheap car to own.

Between the Z and the V it comes down to what you need. The Z wins in most performance categories but the V is in a different class when it comes to ammenities. Also, the coupe will have a rear seat although the room and comfort level are in question. You may actually prefer to ride in the back of a Z than a V coupe (at least you can stretch your legs).

I love my V but it is not the race car that the Z is.

If you do plan on modding, the V can be made to be very fast. A car with tune and semi-basic bolt ons (pully) just did 185 in the texas mile. Another similarly modified car just did 10s in the 1/4 at 129MPH. Both cars were making around 650 to the wheels. One was an auto the other was a manual.

Z06ified
10-21-09, 02:11 PM
If you're into modding, the Z06 is your best bet, as it is the easiest to mod, and has a TON of aftermarket parts available. You're only limited by the size of your wallet. The CTS-V's engine makes it relatively easy to mod too, but it's a much newer vehicle and doesn't have as much stuff available for it yet as the Z06 does. The GT-R is fun, but much more expensive and difficult to mod, and the maintenance and repair costs are MUCH higher than either the Z06 or V, and its warranty is damned near worthless (dyno it, it's void. Even THINK about taking it to a track or an auto-x, VOID).

neuronbob
10-21-09, 02:45 PM
^^^^^
I couldn't believe what I read above about the GT-R, so I looked around.
Jalopnik article on GT-R warranty denials-click (http://jalopnik.com/5201918/2010-gt+r-warranty-voided-for-denying-nissan-access-to-your-black-box-data)

If I were in your shoes, the GT-R would be off my list. Why buy a car if you can't drive it, dyno it, or do reasonable mods on it without destroying the warranty? What a load of crap.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-21-09, 03:13 PM
^^^

Agreed, I had no idea the GTR's warranty was an issue until this thread. That's exactly why I started it. To find out things that may not be widely known unless you travel in that specific circle.

Either car will get modified (GTR off the list).

I forgot to mention I will be keeping my Deanli and STS-V so the new car would be an addition.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-21-09, 03:29 PM
GT-R warranty exclusions;;;

Exclusions and Limitations to Manufacturers Warranty

Please read your GT-R Warranty Information Booklet carefully. The Nissan GT-R warranty provides you with extensive coverage when the vehicle is operated in accordance with the Owner's Manual. The warranty includes a number of other specific conditions, exclusions and limitations, which include (but are not limited to) exclusions due to failures resulting from:

Racing, competitive driving of any sort and/or any use on a track or airstrip, or otherwise not operating or maintaining the vehicle as set out in the Owner's Manual and Service and Maintenance Guide;

Operating the vehicle with the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) off, except when rocking vehicle when stuck in mud or snow;

Not adhering to the service and maintenance requirements set out in the Nissan GT-R Owner's Manual and the Service and Maintenance Guide, including failures resulting from the use of non-Genuine Nissan Parts or required or recommended fluids;

Improper repairs or services rendered at facilities other than Nissan Certified GT-R dealerships;

Failing to have the Performance Optimization Services completed in a timely manner;

Genuine Nissan Parts not intended for use on the GT-R, including NISMO parts not specifically designed and manufactured for application to the GT-R, or any non-Genuine Nissan Parts;

Replacing a GT-R special specification part with a non-GT-R special specification part (see GT-R Owner's Manual for the list of GT-R special specification parts);

Operating the GT-R on a dynamometer, except a dynamometer test performed to comply with applicable local law for emissions testing.

Additionally, some modifications will VOID your GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage. Read your warranty information booklet carefully for specific details of all terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.

Important: Additional Exclusion and Warranty Voiding

Damage to the powertrain, or any drivetrain component(s) that occurs when there is a record in the Vehicle System Data Recorder (VSDR) that the vehicle was driven with the VDC off during the period when the damage was incurred is excluded from coverage under this warranty.

Adding, replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering or disconnecting any computer, control unit, or electronic module or deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit, or electronic module, or denying access to any data or information stored in any computer, control unit, or electronic module VOIDS ALL COVERAGE under the 2010 Nissan GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Such actions are also "misuse" and "tampering" as those terms are used under "What Is Not Covered" in the warranty. See your Owners Manual for additional important information and related warnings...

WTF is the use of buying one of these cars? I guess Grandma could drive it and maintain the warranty. BUT why buy a "supercar" and not be allowed to drive it the way it was developed for?????

OFF THE LIST FOREVER

Florian
10-21-09, 04:21 PM
V coupe if your goal is DD, otherwise Z06

F

onebadcad
10-21-09, 05:34 PM
I have not verified it from a reliable source, but was told by a GT-R owner that there is currenlty a Class-Action Lawsuit against Nissan being pursued due to the Warranty Denials/Limitations.
I am with the crowd here, FAWK 'EM and their car, as if I wanted to run around town at 2,000rpms or lower, I would buy their Versa or another POS they sell.

Also, new 2009 C6Z with base/1LZ package can be had for under $60K if you are willing to spend some time dealing with Forum Internet Sales Managers.

Razorecko
10-21-09, 06:02 PM
^ you are correct about the lawsuit. It was settled between toyota and the owners. BUT, that was for all 2009 owners. In the 2010+ models they've updated their warranty guideline as you can see to cover all their bases. Every year they add a vent or a colored wheel, drop the performance (LC) reduction, and than add like $10k to the msrp. A joke.

onebadcad
10-21-09, 06:23 PM
^^^more than a joke, more like a crime!!!

vince del
10-21-09, 07:13 PM
All of you are light years ahead of me i just took ownership of my 2009 V two and half weeks ago.I cut off the two mid exhaust converters and replaced them with just pipe.My dealer in kentucky had no problem with that. When I mentioned changing the air intake he told if I touch that the warranty is over. How do you get by doing these mods. Thanks,Vince.

aceofblitz
10-21-09, 07:32 PM
I like how my dealerships service manager put it for me when bringing the car in with mods "Don't worry, even if we opened your hood to find an LS9 instead of an LSA, we got your back!" I don't believe the LS9 part, but it sure is reassuring to know I wont be in sh*t creek without a paddle for light mods or spirited driving.

nradcad
10-21-09, 08:04 PM
So, as far as the V vs. Z goes. The V is hardly a slouch to drive. If you desire more of a 'sport' luxury like myself, you'll love the V. Incredible drivability.
That suspension is just amazing. And it is very fast. We're talking just a few ticks slower to a 1/4 mile. I will however, buy a Z06 next. It will be my dedicated track monster. No doubt it's built for the track. The V is built for style, luxury and whooping some a$$ at the occasional stoplight. The inside of the vette, in my opinion, is not bad, but it's not great. The inside of the V is phenomenal well laid out and well done.

V-Eight
10-21-09, 09:45 PM
z06≥v>GTR

cmicasa
10-21-09, 10:42 PM
OK.. first let me say WTF were U even thinking putting that Japanese RICE on the menu??? :bonkers::helpless:

Second.. let me say.. I'm glad U took it off your list.;)

Third... Personally I would buy BOTH the Z06 and the CTC-V... but if U like having an open air car... the Corvette GS with a few mods would basically give U a Z06 with the ability to go topless.:cloud9:

pwrful
10-22-09, 12:56 AM
ill go for the cheapest one $$$

Stingray23
10-22-09, 01:01 AM
Z06
Heres mine
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/DinoBravo23/DSC05978.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-22-09, 10:58 AM
Z06
Heres mine
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/DinoBravo23/DSC05978.jpg
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

musclesbmf
10-22-09, 11:43 AM
well, since we're comparing Z's, here was mine... dang i miss it!!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/mrooster725/Z06%20red%20pinstripe/HPIM1011.jpg

Mark

concorso
10-22-09, 11:45 AM
OK.. first let me say WTF were U even thinking putting that Japanese RICE on the menu??? :bonkers::helpless:

Second.. let me say.. I'm glad U took it off your list.;)

Third... Personally I would buy BOTH the Z06 and the CTC-V... but if U like having an open air car... the Corvette GS with a few mods would basically give U a Z06 with the ability to go topless.:cloud9:
Rice? The GT-R is about as far from rice as you can get...it is one of the fastest around the 'ring, afterall.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-22-09, 02:43 PM
Here is a twist on things. If they do make the Z28, it looks like its exactly the same platform as the CTS-V Coupe. Same engine and transmission. They expect it to weigh in around 200 to 300 lbs lighter than the CTS-V Sedan. That is exactly what they said the Coupe should come in at. The Z28 is expected to be much lower in price.

I know its not a Caddy but I will be keeping my STS-V. Is a Z28 in the mix now????

Ugh!!!

V-Eight
10-22-09, 06:05 PM
Rice? The GT-R is about as far from rice as you can get...it is one of the fastest around the 'ring, afterall.

If you twin turbo anything it'll be fast.

neuronbob
10-22-09, 07:19 PM
But if you take your GT-R on the 'ring or any ring you lose your warranty. How retarded is that? It is certainly the extreme example of "pay to play", no?

concorso
10-22-09, 08:19 PM
If you twin turbo anything it'll be fast.
Point being? The GT-R is fast. Rice is not fast. Which would imply that...

Saying that the GT-R is fast because of the twin-turbos is like saying the ZR1 is fast because of the supercharger...theres a little more to it than that!

concorso
10-22-09, 08:23 PM
But if you take your GT-R on the 'ring or any ring you lose your warranty. How retarded is that? It is certainly the extreme example of "pay to play", no?It certainly is. Its moronic how Nissan is treating its customers. I wont lose any sleep over it tho... :) Id never want the car...

Razorecko
10-22-09, 09:49 PM
Here is a twist on things. If they do make the Z28, it looks like its exactly the same platform as the CTS-V Coupe. Same engine and transmission. They expect it to weigh in around 200 to 300 lbs lighter than the CTS-V Sedan. That is exactly what they said the Coupe should come in at. The Z28 is expected to be much lower in price.

I know its not a Caddy but I will be keeping my STS-V. Is a Z28 in the mix now????

Ugh!!!

If they make the z28 than we can celebrate. As then the aftermarket will blow up with parts we can use :lildevil: just like how the whole hemi deal was slow until the challenger came out...

V-Eight
10-23-09, 01:11 AM
Point being? The GT-R is fast. Rice is not fast. Which would imply that...

Saying that the GT-R is fast because of the twin-turbos is like saying the ZR1 is fast because of the supercharger...theres a little more to it than that!

Nope, because the z06 is only .2 slower on the 0-60 and its n/a

stars_fan
10-23-09, 04:59 AM
I have the same delima right now.

I've been dreaming about a Z06 for about a year now. I can already hear how badass that G7X4 cam will sound everytime I cold start it and running it to redline through the gears. I have all of my track mods picked out and I live right down the street from one of the best vette tuners.

Along comes the V Coupe and now I'm starting to rethink things. The only downside for me is that I will daily drive the V if I pick one up.

AuPanda
10-23-09, 09:24 AM
V-Coupe, Z06, GTR

One of these cars is different from the others
One of these cars is not the same...

The Cadillac excels in areas (comfort, livability) that the others just aren't geared towards. Having said that...

I've driven both the Z06 and a GTR at Buttonwillow. I would take the GTR in a heartbeat if money was no object.

Z06ified
10-23-09, 10:20 AM
I've driven both the Z06 and a GTR at Buttonwillow. I would take the GTR in a heartbeat if money was no object.

Why? :confused:

concorso
10-23-09, 01:33 PM
Nope, because the z06 is only .2 slower on the 0-60 and its n/aWhats your point? The GT-R isnt fast because the Z06 is almost as quick 0-60? 0-60 only matters on the internet...

concorso
10-23-09, 01:35 PM
V-Coupe, Z06, GTR

One of these cars is different from the others
One of these cars is not the same...

The Cadillac excels in areas (comfort, livability) that the others just aren't geared towards. Having said that...

The biggest problem I have with the GT-R is that its so uninspiring in every way. Its an incredible car, theres no question there, but it certainly doesnt raise the hair on the back of my neck.

AuPanda
10-23-09, 03:03 PM
Why? :confused:

I found it was easier and more enjoyable to drive at the track. When raced on the full track at Buttonwillow and the big track at WillowSprings it is hard for most cars to keep up with the Z06 with it's great hp/lbs ratio, but the time through the twisties was consistently better (at Button willow, never drove the GTR at WillowSprings) in the GTR....and a whole lot easier.

I also am admittedly a tech geek.

Z06ified
10-23-09, 03:09 PM
OK, thanks. I have heard one consistent message with the GT-R: it is definitely easier to drive fast around a track than the Z06. It can make mediocre drivers look like super heroes. I can respect that, but part of me feels that a car shouldn't compensate too much for a lack of driving skill. That's just me though.

I would like to own a GT-R for like 3 months or something - long enough to experience and learn the car and what it can do, but dump it before it needs major maintenance and repairs. :D

nynd
10-23-09, 03:16 PM
OK, thanks. I have heard one consistent message with the GT-R: it is definitely easier to drive fast around a track than the Z06. It can make mediocre drivers look like super heroes. I can respect that, but part of me feels that a car shouldn't compensate too much for a lack of driving skill. That's just me though.

I would like to own a GT-R for like 3 months or something - long enough to experience and learn the car and what it can do, but dump it before it needs major maintenance and repairs. :D

I think you have the same idea alot of these ebayers who are selling them with low mileage. It definitely gets tougher to sell once people find out the maintenance end of it. At least, thats what drove me away from it as well. I didn't like the fact of having to pay $120/liter for tranny fluid (and it needs like 7 liters). And then, if the car was ever launched, there could be issues with the tranny itself (due to a poor 1st gear design) and at $24K for a new tranny, with Nissan possibly voiding warranty if they found out it was launched... doesn't make for a restful night. So... stayed DOMESTIC.

V-Eight
10-23-09, 05:12 PM
Whats your point? The GT-R isnt fast because the Z06 is almost as quick 0-60?

No I'm saying the ZR1 isn't fast just because its forced induction.

4DOORZR1
10-24-09, 07:17 PM
I use my C5Z for the track and my V for street.... on the track a Vette rules, everything else will be a compromise.
So if you can swing both then you have it all...if I had to choose and tracking wasn't that important I'd go with the V.
If you get hooked on tracking then a Vette is a must!

CIWS
10-25-09, 10:18 AM
But if you take your GT-R on the 'ring or any ring you lose your warranty. How retarded is that? It is certainly the extreme example of "pay to play", no?

If you take your CTS-V to the track(s) and break something it is also not covered under warranty, that's termed "abuse". The only difference is the GT-R's location is tracked via it's GPS so it's harder to lie to your service advisor about what happened. GM just hasn't quite built that tech into their performance cars...yet.

A GT-R is also on my short list for next year along with the V coupe, however what's concerning me most about it vs the other cars on the list is it maintenance costs. As a D.D. it will be getting miles put on it vs someone's weekend driver. More miles equal more maintenance.

jvp
10-25-09, 12:58 PM
If you take your CTS-V to the track(s) and break something it is also not covered under warranty, that's termed "abuse".

That depends entirely on 3 things:

1. Were you racing or just doing an HPDE? If the former, they're probably going to deny the coverage. Latter? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss warranty coverage.

2. Any modifications to your car?

3. What kind of service department do you have at your dealer? I know the guys at Lindsay, for instance, will help as much as they can under warranty. Even for HPDE-driven cars.

jas

CIWS
10-25-09, 01:26 PM
That depends entirely on 3 things:

1. Were you racing or just doing an HPDE? If the former, they're probably going to deny the coverage. Latter? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss warranty coverage.

The warranty calls it "misuse" a nice broad general term to give the manufacturer an easy out when a car sold for street use is driven elsewhere.

2. Any modifications to your car?

Modifications not installed by a GM authorized rep are not covered.

3. What kind of service department do you have at your dealer? I know the guys at Lindsay, for instance, will help as much as they can under warranty. Even for HPDE-driven cars.

Lindsay is an exception to the rule when it comes to dealerships, and it does all come down to how each dealership treats their customer. But the vast majority do not look the other way in the case of an obvious warranty violation, especially the larger/costly the repair.

jvp
10-25-09, 01:57 PM
The warranty calls it "misuse" a nice broad general term to give the manufacturer an easy out when a car sold for street use is driven elsewhere.

Again, I think you're being a bit too dismissive, too quickly. I know for the Z06s at least, Chevy will cover the car under warranty as long as it wasn't abused by the driver at the track. That means if the engine goes splat, they'll check to make sure the engine wasn't zinged or anything like that. Generally speaking, they'll fix the issues (the exception is the dick-head dealer that won't).

Driving the car quickly at the track does not constitute abuse. Missing a shift and zinging the motor, would. But that would apply to the road as well as the track.

jas

Razorecko
10-25-09, 06:31 PM
The fact is anyone can "beat" on a car until it pops and than claim warranty. The general consensus by owners and manufacturers is that with a high performance vehicle the limitations are usually set a bit higher because the car was "designed" to perform at a higher limit than your average car. GM understands this with the corvette. Nissan wants you to drive your GTR like a grandma because if you don't they'll black box the data, say you were racing, and void your warranty. It was the same b.s. when Nissan used the original 0-60 #'s from the GTR using LC. But if an owner used lc and lunch'd the slushbox than they got denied warranty ? - That is not how you treat an owner of your "high model" vehicle. Period. No excuse.

V-Eight
10-26-09, 09:37 AM
The fact is anyone can "beat" on a car until it pops and than claim warranty. The general consensus by owners and manufacturers is that with a high performance vehicle the limitations are usually set a bit higher because the car was "designed" to perform at a higher limit than your average car. GM understands this with the corvette. Nissan wants you to drive your GTR like a grandma because if you don't they'll black box the data, say you were racing, and void your warranty. It was the same b.s. when Nissan used the original 0-60 #'s from the GTR using LC. But if an owner used lc and lunch'd the slushbox than they got denied warranty ? - That is not how you treat an owner of your "high model" vehicle. Period. No excuse.

^ Well said, that basically sums it up.

Z06ified
10-26-09, 10:10 AM
I use my C5Z for the track and my V for street.... on the track a Vette rules, everything else will be a compromise.
So if you can swing both then you have it all...if I had to choose and tracking wasn't that important I'd go with the V.
If you get hooked on tracking then a Vette is a must!

Yeah, I feel fortunate that I can keep my C5Z and the 2010 V I have on order. I bought my C5Z new in '02, and I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The way I see it, I've already gotten $48k worth of fun out of it. Any remaining useful life or residual value in the car is gravy at this point. I plan to keep it after I get my new V, and take it to the track and auto-X more often than I have in the past. If I break something, I'll just fix it and upgrade it. But so far, the car has proven difficult to break! :D

concorso
10-27-09, 09:00 AM
No I'm saying the ZR1 isn't fast just because its forced induction.And the GT-R isnt fast just because its got twin turbos. Go drive one, its an incredible machine. If you can ignore all the fanboyism that has all but died now, you can actually appreciate the machine. Sure, Nissan, doesn't stand behind it, but that doesn't change that its an incredible machine. It was almost as fast as the ZR1 around the 'ring...you don't accomplish that by simply throwin' turbos on it...

cts-v2009
10-27-09, 10:49 AM
Zo6 is way faster than both ( GTR and CTS-V )

Z06ified
10-27-09, 11:38 AM

While I'm an obvious fan of the Z06 (I own a C5 Z06), it's only slightly faster than a GT-R, and most of the difference is north of 100 MPH. Definitely not way faster, and 0-60, the Z06 will lose unless it's got slicks and John Force driving.

concorso
10-27-09, 03:09 PM
While I'm an obvious fan of the Z06 (I own a C5 Z06), it's only slightly faster than a GT-R, and most of the difference is north of 100 MPH. Definitely not way faster, and 0-60, the Z06 will lose unless it's got slicks and John Force driving.
The driver mod is much more important with the Z06! Tho, I suspect, alot of guys here would prefer to be a bit slower rowing their owns gears, instead of playing point and shoot.

V-Eight
10-27-09, 06:56 PM
And the GT-R isnt fast just because its got twin turbos. G

Take the turbos off then we'll talk :P. I'm not saying it isn't incredible, I'm just saying that I prefer the vette.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-27-09, 07:07 PM
If we take price into account I think that will give me the answer. The GT-R is the most expensive of the three and most $$ to maintain so that leaves that one out of the running. The Z06 is a good price and slightly the best performance. The V Coupe is luxury with good performance but we have no idea as to the MSRP when launched.

Now, I can find Z06's new for invoice all day long. I am guessing the V Coupe will MSRP around the same as a Z06 MSRP, BUT the V Coupe will still go for MSRP when launched. SO the Z06 still looks like the performance winner and price winner. Sure it doesn't have a back seat or the luxury of the Caddy. I guess you can GUSSY UP a Vette right?

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-27-09, 07:15 PM
Take the turbos off then we'll talk :P. I'm not saying it isn't incredible, I'm just saying that I prefer the vette.The GT-R has launch controll.......:worship:

UMMM! OH yeah!!

But you can't use it.....:bonkers:

Are the awesome 0-60 and quarter mile runs of the GTR achieved by using launch control?? If so how much slower is the GTR without launch control? Im guessing quite a bit slower than the Z

V-Eight
10-27-09, 07:54 PM
The GT-R has launch controll.......:worship:

UMMM! OH yeah!!

But you can't use it.....:bonkers:

Exactly, and the 2010 Vettes have it now too, and you can actually use it :) Although I'm sure its not as good as the GTRs

Are the awesome 0-60 and quarter mile runs of the GTR achieved by using launch control??

From what I've heard

nradcad
10-27-09, 09:46 PM

I agree the Z06 is faster than the V as it should be. It doesn't weight much. way faster? I dunno. That's a stretch. Few ticks at 60 and a 1/4 mile? That's not way.

V-Eight
10-27-09, 10:56 PM
Its about a car length ahead for most things ^

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-28-09, 01:18 AM
Exactly, and the 2010 Vettes have it now too, and you can actually use it :) Although I'm sure its not as good as the GTRs

From what I've heard

If the GT-R used a feature (launch control) to get those numbers and Nissan is saying I can't use that feature to try and back up those numbers then the numbers them selves are NULL AND VIOD. Test the car with the features that don't void the warrenty......:thumbsup:

nradcad
10-28-09, 08:26 AM
Its about a car length ahead for most things ^

Ya, that's nuts! Only a car length!

JBsZ06
10-28-09, 08:54 AM
for a daily driver...true luxury very capable sport coupe with real world capability to put 2 people in the backseat...etc..

Order up a CTS V coupe..

For wild @ss sports two seater? Z06

for wild techno wonder with 2 + 2 capability...(really minimal part time rear seating) if you can stand to look at it..the GTR is a great choice..

I'm not sure I could look at the GTR and say I like it.. Just not sure its styling is attractive...striking? yes.. good? not so sure..

Obviously I'm biased towards GM products..

With the pricing available on the Z06 over at the various corvette forums..

I'd probably pick up a lightly preowned C6 Z06 if I were buying today..(45 grand or so is too low to ignore)

Brand new ones at 61 grand.. is tough too..

GTR is closer to 80 grand I believe ...

CTS V coupe should cost about 60...

Whats your price range? What are you needs and desires?

All great choices..

Gotham CTS-V
10-29-09, 04:25 PM
I owned a Z06 and was close to getting a GT-R.

Nissan's salesmen and price gouging left a stale taste in my mouth and I wouldn't go back to them.

The Z06 is the best performance car you can buy for the money. Not many cars have the lb/hp that the Z06 has. The car drove flawless to me and was very easily a daily driver. It was also blazing fast. Nothing could touch it on the highway. And it responded VERY nicely to mods.

The CTS-V is much more grown up and practical. I let my girl drive it all the time and its just like riding in a regular Caddy. It's a real jeckyl and hyde car. With the Z06, I felt like like it just wanted to go fast. With this car, I can drive it slowly and feel content.

All 3 are great cars. I hate Nissan now so I give the GT-R a thumbs down. I appreciate their engineering, from the wind tunnel to the nurburgring...but Nissan can kiss my ass.

Z06 is the ultimate sports car. Nothing beats it. And I've had my share of fun in 997 Turbos, Gallardos, SL AMG's, M's, etc.

CTS-V does just about everything right. It has the soul of a Corvette with the body of a Caddy. The coupe will just make it look a little sportier.

concorso
10-29-09, 06:59 PM
If the GT-R used a feature (launch control) to get those numbers and Nissan is saying I can't use that feature to try and back up those numbers then the numbers them selves are NULL AND VIOD. Test the car with the features that don't void the warrenty......:thumbsup:The launch control is gone for 2010, but it will still do 0-60 in 3.5 and an 11.5 1/4 mile...not bad for 500 hp and 3900 lbs... And while Nissan removed the LC, they raised the rev limit when brake-torquing, to 3500 rpms.