: Eggs overeasy. Finally figured it out.

Jesda
10-20-09, 02:33 AM
After scouring the internet, watching the food network, and trying several times without success, I FINALLY figured out how to cook eggs over easy.

How I did it:
Butter the pan at medium-high heat.
Gently add two eggs.
Lift the pan a bit so the eggs are all on one side, hold it there a few seconds while it cooks.
Set the pan back down, lower the heat a little bit to medium.
Once the bottom seems firm enough to move around the pan, get ready to flip.
Move eggs to edge of pan.
Lift pan and quickly flick it forward with some force to allow the eggs to hit the curved edge of the non-stick pan and fly upward.
Quickly catch the eggs with the pan.
If flipped correctly, the eggs will be cooking upside down. Leave them there for 10-15 seconds, then flip again.

Serve.

Jesda
10-20-09, 02:37 AM
Oh yeah, pics:
http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_100_5277.jpg

Aron9000
10-20-09, 02:58 AM
No eggs for me!!!! But that sausage looks mighty tempting

I've found that eggs cooked like that give me terrible burps, indegestion, heartburn. I'm talking about burps for 12+hours where I will still taste that damn egg, and I'll feel kind of sick and not want to eat anything else. And this is coming from a man who can kill a fifth of vodka in about 6 hours and feel fine the next day.

Rolex
10-20-09, 12:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_egg

I prefer my eggs over medium. I can't tell from your pic if your egg whites are still loose. With an over medium egg the whites are firm and the yolk is runny. Runny yolk makes for a good medium to dip toast into. :drool:

dkozloski
10-20-09, 12:45 PM
You need to fry a rib-eye steak medium-rare first and then fry the eggs in the grease left in the pan. Combine the steak, the eggs, and golden hash browns for the ultimate breakfast experience.

hueterm
10-20-09, 04:03 PM
I like the yolk runny, but the clear goo left from the egg white on a sunny side up egg skeeves me out...

Florian
10-20-09, 04:41 PM
eggs = loose stool.

No thank you.

F

Aron9000
10-20-09, 04:53 PM
eggs = loose stool.

No thank you.

F

amen!!!

Stingroo
10-20-09, 06:15 PM
Eggs = win, I must say.

V-Eight
10-20-09, 06:36 PM
I like the yolk runny, but the clear goo left from the egg white on a sunny side up egg skeeves me out...

That's called not being cooked properly lol. I used to work in a restaurant :D

Submariner409
10-20-09, 06:40 PM
All up & down I-95, south of Maryland: Waffle House. Eggs over easy, sausage, grits, wheat toast, OJ, coffee.

ewill3rd
10-20-09, 07:00 PM
I don't like them over easy, and your method is pretty complicated... :lol:
I can make them anyway you want them but I have been cooking since I was 5.

I make scrambled eggs with a touch of milk and sprinkle on some cheese for my kids almost every day and they devour them.
I save a tad for myself.
Vladimir likes toast and bananas more than he does the eggs though.

DILLIGAF
10-20-09, 09:34 PM
Eggs over easy can't be properly done without BACON GREASE,you got lucky friend.

Stingroo
10-20-09, 09:53 PM
Amen to that!

That's how I've always cooked them. However, if you don't have any bacon readily available, I find vegetable oil to be a good substitute (even if it doesn't have the bacony goodness. :() I find it impossible to do with butter or margarine.

However, sadly, since I've been at college I haven't had a fried egg. It makes me very, very sad. BUT!! On the way home for Thanksgiving, I'm stopping at my grandmother's house in central FL to get some farm-fresh eggs from her.

Oh, the wait is long. :(

DILLIGAF
10-20-09, 10:23 PM
Amen to that!

That's how I've always cooked them. However, if you don't have any bacon readily available, I find vegetable oil to be a good substitute (even if it doesn't have the bacony goodness. :() I find it impossible to do with butter or margarine.

However, sadly, since I've been at college I haven't had a fried egg. It makes me very, very sad. BUT!! On the way home for Thanksgiving, I'm stopping at my grandmother's house in central FL to get some farm-fresh eggs from her.

Oh, the wait is long. :(

Clarify your butter if you want to fry an egg,it will raise the burning butter point.

Rolex
10-20-09, 10:37 PM
You could cook bacon in a frying pan and follow that with almost anything to make it edible. That's maybe the finest way to fry an egg.

Down south left over bacon grease is a good beginning to many meals. Bacon grease lends a ton of flavor to veggies. Left over bacon grease is the greatest starter to milk gravy IMO. :drool:

gary88
10-20-09, 10:46 PM
I cook scrambled eggs in a little bacon grease sometimes. Add some pepper and it's :drool:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-20-09, 11:14 PM
eggs = loose stool.

No thank you.

F

agreed! The only way I eat eggs is if they're scrambled and mixed with bacon, and even then I seldomly eat egg.

Rolex
10-20-09, 11:25 PM
I prefer the flavor of whole eggs. The yolk adds a lot of richness and smoothness to the egg. In the interest of my health I eat egg beaters every morning, which is nothing but egg whites with some yellow coloring added to them to fool your brain into thinking you're eating whole eggs. Very few calories, no cholesterol, and a ton of protein.

C&C
10-21-09, 07:25 AM
If you want that sunny-side up egg (and don't want to mess with flipping it or want that ooey gooey on top), might I suggest that after cracking your egg(s), seasoning to taste that you cover the egg with a cover with a frying pan lid (this will still pan fry the bottom and steam cook the top.

V-Eight
10-21-09, 10:13 AM
^ Basting, it works really well if you add a few drops of water to the top of the eggs.

Submariner409
10-21-09, 11:10 AM
Save a small covered can of bacon grease in the refrigerator - it's perfect for greasing the metal 9 x 9 pan for Jiffy cornbread............

Stingroo
10-21-09, 12:17 PM
mmm... cornbread...

Damn, you guys are making me hungry and I JUST finished breakfast like a half an hour ago.

Crap. xD

dkozloski
10-21-09, 12:34 PM
Save a small covered can of bacon grease in the refrigerator - it's perfect for greasing the metal 9 x 9 pan for Jiffy cornbread............
Cornbread is baked in a cast iron skillet in the oven.

RightTurn
10-21-09, 12:40 PM
If you want that sunny-side up egg (and don't want to mess with flipping it or want that ooey gooey on top), might I suggest that after cracking your egg(s), seasoning to taste that you cover the egg with a cover with a frying pan lid (this will still pan fry the bottom and steam cook the top.

Eggs-actly.:thumbsup: Then when you remove the lid, take the spatula and "flip" a bit of the bacon grease across the top of the eggs just before plating. YUM.

The Tony Show
10-21-09, 12:49 PM
You could cook bacon in a frying pan and follow that with almost anything to make it edible. That's maybe the finest way to fry an egg.

Down south left over bacon grease is a good beginning to many meals. Bacon grease lends a ton of flavor to veggies. Left over bacon grease is the greatest starter to milk gravy IMO. :drool:

:yeah:

We always drain off the bacon grease into a jar and keep it. The Wife adds it to everything from mashed potatoes to vegetables and cornbread.

dkozloski
10-21-09, 12:52 PM
Of course, true bacon lovers only buy slab bacon so there is a bacon rind to put in with the pot of navy beans.

RightTurn
10-21-09, 01:11 PM
All the killjoys who have been avoiding full-fat foods may find this interesting... http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/6/10/2626/pdf

Now go buy some regular milk and get on with your life. :lol:

Stingroo
10-21-09, 01:50 PM
Meh, personally I think whole milk tastes horrific. But that's because I've become so used to drinking 1% by now, anything else is ew. But other than that, I could care less, just exercise and you're good to go.