: Lots of oil in plug wells

OldRscl
10-19-09, 11:56 PM
I'm trying to help my sons friend with this problem... his single mom was able to buy this car for him but now this problem has surfaced and they can't afford a mechanic... the spark plug wells are full of oil. It will start and idle but after a few minutes driving it dies. I've cleaned them out and tried it but it fills up quickly. I'm assuming there is a leak from the nearby valve? covers.
Any help will really be appreciated! Thanks

CADMAN56
01-16-10, 10:39 PM
oldrscl-95% of the time it is the valve covers gaskets-any servive lights on when car dies ? connect scan tool and check for codes-numerous things can cause engine to die.good luck

Chis2
03-03-10, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone, Brian here from New Zealand, I've just joined up and spotted this enquire re oil in the spark plug wells and it's the same problem that I have, except I know what it is. The PCV system is blocked, but now I'm trying to find it cause it's way down there in the dark, so if anyone can direct me I'd sure appreciate it, thanks

waco-brian
05-13-10, 01:41 PM
chis2 what kind of car is it?
crankcase breather is right behind the right side head no easy to get to.i could help just did mine